Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the pulse on the GI JOE Club and the hobby regarding the old 12 inch line?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

There was a great Adventure Team resource site that I can no longer find and a Super Joe site that has disappeared
    I believe that Brian took that site over to Plaid Stallions. there was no activity on the SJ site anymore anyway

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Dr. Quest sharing these links has really reignited my GI Joe buzz. I think for 2015, I'm going to start filling in some missing spots in that collection of mine.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
        Dr. Quest sharing these links has really reignited my GI Joe buzz. I think for 2015, I'm going to start filling in some missing spots in that collection of mine.
        Awesome!

Keep me in mind if you want stuff, I'm sitting on boxes of extra vintage Joe stuff.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

That was an interesting read. I'd like to get the 12" Joe and helicopter back I had as a kid someday.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MysteryWho
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 16, 2008

I really liked the direction the Joe club took with the Adventure Team figures. I was able to collect some of those and some of the reproductions of the originals that they did as well. I hope it continues. Meanwhile, Cotswold seems to be getting into it with some of their original Adventure Team flavored sets. I was just thinking how fun it would be to use the basic formula to add your own members to the team. I'd like to see Cotswold offer a variety of jumpsuits, different colored holsters, etc. so that one could simply pick a flocked head and build your own Adventurer.

Comment

• draconianguard
              #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
              • Mar 12, 2004

It seems like interest in the 12" Joes has been decreasing for years. I went to Joe Con in Providence a few years ago and it was clear that 3&3/4" figures were the draw. There were barely any dealers with 12" product and the ones who had it seemed like they weren't selling very well. There is a local toy show that started out as a GI JOE show. Throughout the years, the 12" Joe dealers and collectors started to dwindle. There is barely any websites or forums dedicated to collectors of the 12" line.
              Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by MysteryWho
                I'd like to see Cotswold offer a variety of jumpsuits, different colored holsters, etc. so that one could simply pick a flocked head and build your own Adventurer.
                I don't know if you know, but they have started doing that. You have to search a bit to find some of the things, but they have started doing holsters in new colors and different outfits and such. I hope they continue to expand upon it.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

yeah they are doing shoulder holsters in red, white, tan, and yellow, in addition to the classic black and brown

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart...art=GIEW-19YEL

Comment

• MysteryWho
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2008

Sweet! I'd only seen the Adversary sets and a few Adventure Team style sets.
                    I hope they go for full mix and match as well as the sets!

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I bought every piece of the 40th anniversary collection when they were new. I even managed to secure the display box that the 60's retro 12 inch Joes were displayed in. There was a time when I considered selling them, but I'm definitely feeling a stronger affection for them since interest has died down. I just had a 1969 replica of the talking astronaut delivered to me today. LOVE IT!!! So faithful too. I'm currently rebuilding my Adventure Team astronaut that started that next era. That was actually my first Joe as a little kid.

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

I was into the Adventure Team Joes in a big way back in the early 70's ! I remember getting the Talking Commander, the Sea Adventurer, and the AA Adventurer for Christmas in 1971. I got several accessory sets over the next year or two, but I never got the one I truly coveted, the "8 Ropes of Danger/Deep Sea Diver" set.
                        Mego's WGSH came along in late '72, and my interest in GI Joe waned considerably.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 12, 2016

I got back into collecting vintage AT Joe's back around 1989 or 1990...my #1 place to hunt back then was Master Collector magazine...and you could find some nice MIB stuff at good prices...but then ebay and other online places got big and killed that...also saw a noticeable rise in prices too...I have a bunch of new or MISB sets in my collection that I covet, and I'll never let them go...my Hot Toy collection will go first...lol....
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 12, 2016

But I agree, finding good, MIB stuff now is hard...and if you do on ebay, you'll have 30 other people bidding on the same item, so you usually end up paying a good penny...

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by drquest
                              Awesome!

Keep me in mind if you want stuff, I'm sitting on boxes of extra vintage Joe stuff.
                              Hi drquest...do you ever have boxed AT Joe stuff to sell?...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎