X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Why no new female loose items?

I notice that there have been precious little in the way of female accessories.

Two new pairs of shoes that are guaranteed to get lost, and three new pairs of boots in Easter Egg colors.

No new suits or any other types of clothes; heads that are still too big or with too light eyes; bodies that are too tightly strung, etc.

I was hoping to see new pirate boots like they have for Catwoman, in different colors, both flat soled and high heeled.

I've sent more than a few emails and posted on facebook about this.

So far, nada.

Anyone else have any complaints?
    JediJaida
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

If the female stuff was flying out the door I'm sure they would produce more stuff. And if the female bodies didn't suck they might sell more, too. That being said, I picked up the red Isis sandals and they look great on the Mattel WW.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 15, '14, 2:15 PM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

I'm sure you will see more stuff down the line when they produce more female figures

Say like Huntress, Lois Lane or Canary etc.. once they tool something new for a figure its not to long after that they put parts in the store
      Like the Commish Trench Coats, and the 66 batman gloves and boots.

So there is hope.
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Well, they are shipping the Tarzan stuff, but I'm not altogether thrilled with Jane's huge noggin. Or the choice of costume.

But you're right. Once they start putting out the 1966 stuff like Batgirl and Catwoman, we should start seeing more stuff.
        JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I don't get the goofy boot colors they pick for the generics either.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Maybe they're trying to show off more girly seeming boots? I have no idea.

I think the Easter Egg colors are horrid myself.

The boots for the six inch girls actually fit on the 8 inch girls with very little trouble. And while a couple of the colors are questionable, like that wretched shade of lavender, they aren't really all that bad.

And since the boots are made of silicone rubber, they can probably be spray painted whatever color a person wants. Maybe they can even be flocked! That would be novel.
            JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I just can't figure out a use for some of the colors for custom superheroes.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

The lavender is on my list for the Doom Patrol's Elasti-Girl.

I was disappointed FTC chose the Dinah-Mite boot for Catwoman over the "pirate" mold.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

And it's not EVEN the Dinah boot! It's the Batgirl boot with the top cut off! I'd rather have the pirate boots! I don't know how many times I've told them that, but I have yet to receive any kind of response from them.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

I've pretty much given up on most of the current femme components and have gone back to scrounging Lion Rock/GI Combat figs… the clothing, boots and accessories all fit well and make interesting custom bits to alter or mix-n-match. Caesar's Female Chimp Elite Guard approves, especially since they got their fashionista berets.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

For Catwoman? I'm 100% sure they reproed the cuffed, flat-soled Dinah boot used in the vintage SS release.

Their Batgirl & WW have those sloppy Inv. Girl-style boots.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Ooh! I'm intrigued! Got any pictures of the berets?
                        JediJaida

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          For Catwoman? I'm 100% sure they reproed the cuffed, flat-soled Dinah boot used in the vintage SS release.

Their Batgirl & WW have those sloppy Inv. Girl-style boots.
                          Huh, I could have sworn those were high heeled versions.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• dee T.
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 25, 2012

I liked to see them approve more on their female bodies, preferably the neckless bodies. Unless, they've approved on them with the new China made ones, and I haven't bought these yet. The last time I bought one of the female bodies from them, it felt cheap, fell apart, and the neckless body plug hole was too small in scale for a head to fit in. I also would like to see them make some of the bodies with the molded gloves and boots that come attached for female bodies in the future, but then we'll have to see how they decide to make '66 Batgirl.
                            Clothes make the doll

Comment

• pmjlghrs
                              • Oct 28, 2010

I would certainly have thought that the Wonder Girl necklace would have been offered since it is almost always the hardest to find accessory from the hardest to find original Mego figure.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎