X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Revival - by Stephen King

Not sure how many of you are readers. I just finished King's latest offering today. I really enjoyed it. Interesting concept. As always with his characters, they are very relatable and his narrative draws you right in. You know right away something is not quite right with the one main protagonist and it keeps you reading to find out what the deal is. There is not much in the way of horror if that sort of things keeps you away from his books but the supernatural element is there and does finally reveal at the end

anyway, if you are looking for something to read I recommend it
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

I picked this up a few weeks ago, but haven't had the chance yet to read it. I recently read "Mr Mercedes" and "Joyland", two of his recent offerings, which I enjoyed. I try to read all of King's books; even if there are no horror elements in some of them, as you say, his characters are very relatable and draw you right in. I even re-read "Salem's Lot" (probably my favorite book of his, and the first one I ever read, some 35 years ago) last year around Halloween.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, I liked Mr. Mercedes but it did take a while to get going. Haven't picked up Joyland yet

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Thanks for the tip. How was 11/22/63? The premise sounds interesting, but I have yet to pick it up.
        Last edited by madmarva; Dec 17, '14, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by madmarva
          Thanks for the tip. How was 11/22/63? The premise sounds interesting, but I have yet to pick it up.
          I really enjoyed it, much more than "Under the Dome" or "Cell". But I'm a sucker for stories with a time travel angle to them !

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Thanks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, 11/22/63 was a great read. I did like Cell and Under the Dome a lot too though

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎