X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

Macabre theater

A sleazier take on the Elvira horror host theme, I found by accident this horror hostess show (she goes by the name of Ivonna) airing on VVH-tv (which is channel 14 for Verizon fios users). The channel is more local style and this is coming from the Hamptons in NY, so if you have Verizon further out west, not sure if you would get this channel or not.

At any rate I was surfing the preview guide about 3 weeks back and saw a movie listing for a film that sounded interesting. I then left the cable box on this channel, fell asleep and woke up after it was over. However in doing this I then saw something that aired afterwards....at 2am I was noticing this old tv print style full 4:3 film and I kept saying "why does this look familiar"? Then the title of "Don't look in the basement" showed up on the screen. I hit record on the dvr and that was it

It turns out this channel is showing episodes of Macabre theater every Saturday at 2am. However the preview guide DOES NOT list this. Instead it just shows as "2am: Movie"

You can read more about Macabre theater here, but it does have the look and quality of what I loved seeing, staying up late to catch these horror films

Last edited by mazinz; Dec 14, '14, 11:07 AM.
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • Mego Marauder
    • Dec 9, 2014

Elvira came back a few years ago with Elvira's Movie Macabre which only lasted a handful of episodes. It was on at an ungodly hour of the morning here so I used to record it. Probably why it didn't last.

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

We get this show on a channel called You Too TV, it's on the same time as Svengoolie Saturdays at 10 pm. I've watched it a couple times, but the broadcast quality is really poor. I think these are reruns too from awhile back, because the hostess looks different each time it's on.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎