X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

My Christmas Project : Adventure!!!

About a month ago I was in my attic and stumbled across my old box of Fisher Price Adventure People. My kids have been having so much fun playing with them ever since.

I can't help but reminisce of fond memories of buying these at Valu-Fair for $1.59 with my Mom or all the fun I had in the tub with the Sea Explorer.

I thought these would've made great mego's so.....while I'm off over the Holidays I'm going to give it a try.

Starting with my two fav's of the line. Here's the card art I mocked up.

FP Medic.jpg
    FP Steve.jpg
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

My younger brother and I used to have the Adventure people. Loved them! My first set was the Safari set and I still have the zebra and gorilla. Can't wait to see what you do with these! Great memories!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

YES! The cards look fantastic! I am really looking forward to what you have planned for the figures!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Adventure people were bullet proof fun. The daycare where I stayed as a kid had a giant sandbox and I spent many a day after school with their well-loved adventure people.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 12, 2014

Thats weird. For the past week or so I have been thinking about making a Mego Adventure People figure for my brother. He had a bunch of these when he was a kid and recently he told me he was thinking about collecting them. I picked up a really nice looking loose figure with a red shirt and white hat that I want to give him for Christmas. It got me thinking about making him a custom Mego of it. I kept thinking I dont remember ever seeing any customs of these and thought it might be cool to do. I cant wait to see how yours turn out. The cards look Great!!

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Sounds like a good idea for customs...
            Last edited by apes3978; Dec 14, '14, 2:10 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
              Thats weird. For the past week or so I have been thinking about making a Mego Adventure People figure for my brother. He had a bunch of these when he was a kid and recently he told me he was thinking about collecting them. I picked up a really nice looking loose figure with a red shirt and white hat that I want to give him for Christmas. It got me thinking about making him a custom Mego of it. I kept thinking I dont remember ever seeing any customs of these and thought it might be cool to do. I cant wait to see how yours turn out. The cards look Great!!
              Can't wait to see what one you do for your brother. If you want to use the care art for yours, let me know. I can email you the file.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Grimjohn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 28, 2011

Awesome idea guys, I can't wait to see them.
                My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• Capt Kirk
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 15, 2005

This thread fills me with delirious joy- I loved these guys! I recently went on a tear, picking up an x- ray man and woman, then shifted my focus to both genders of diver, in order to keep a childhood promise: Adventure Team parts to build Britains Stargard in 3.75"!
                  AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎