X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Sony has to be worried about real life villains

Sony has suspended all filming due to hackers. I think it's safe to say this was the last thing their fragile finances needed. Other studios have to be greatly concerned with this development.

The Hollywood studio that made the James Bond and Spider-Man films has abandoned shoots after hackers crippled its computer network, and leaked four films and thousands of documents. Agencies
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I would never profess or claim to be an entertainment expert nor do I have the knowledge of the movie studios inner workings. However, I know business and I can do math. Sony is going to have to sell off some properties to remain intact. This development will make a very heavy, very shiny bargaining chip at the next Marvel studios negotiation session.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

I'm still scratching my head as to how ASM 2 grossed $700 mil. Thats a 100 mil people who went to movies to see that piece of crap.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
        I'm still scratching my head as to how ASM 2 grossed $700 mil. Thats a 100 mil people who went to movies to see that piece of crap.
        That's because most movie goers are NOT comic book guys, and thank Sony's marketing department for that. They sold that movie to Grandma's to take their grand kids to see it. All execs care about is profit. Spiderman is a cash cow and an easy sell to the public. It was my least fav Marvel movie this year.....

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I could show my 11 year old the Toby McGuire Spidey films... She loved them. I wouldn't bother trying to subject her to those Andrew Garfield ones. They're just... Not fun.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Opening weekend was 90 million. Average US ticket price is 8, but IMAX/3D totally changes that. For example, Imax/3D in NY is 22/adult.

International is now about 50% of gross and it had done 250mil before it even opened in the US. Ticket prices in countries like Japan are nuts.

So I would say it's much closer to 50million worldwide.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Now they have a big budget movie on the shelf thanks to the hack and threats to the theatre chains about showing The Interview. Given the plot of the movie, its a really irresponsible bit of film making all the way up and down the ladder at Sony. Nothing like poking a bear. I wonder if Team America got any sort of backlash from North Korea like this film did.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Now they have a big budget movie on the shelf thanks to the hack and threats to the theatre chains about showing The Interview. Given the plot of the movie, its a really irresponsible bit of film making all the way up and down the ladder at Sony. Nothing like poking a bear. I wonder if Team America got any sort of backlash from North Korea like this film did.
                Couldn't disagree more Tbolt...what's next? No more SNL skits? No jokes on the Daily Show or Colbert? Instead of letting that fat little wannabe dictator threaten us, we should just bomb him back to the stone age and make an example of him for the next jerk that wants to try something like this.

We didn't care what Hitler thought of all his deaths/humiliation in films during WWII...he was the bad guy.
                Today we're more worried about offending our enemies than standing up to them.
                Last edited by enyawd72; Dec 18, '14, 5:59 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah, did SNL ever depict a foreign leader's head getting blown up? There's satire and then there's poor taste and bad judgment.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

^Well, I for one will be happily awaiting the South Park episode that is now inevitably coming. I hope it's ten times worse.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I couldn't help myself...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

And I don't understand the high amount of polarized bile coming from what is mostly Spider-Man comicbook fans and (what appears to be) knee-jerk critics.

The visuals and acting in the movie are universally appreciated as top-notch.

I don't buy that Rhino was anything except perfectly utilized.

Goblin was a bit jarring...as far as being introduced suddenly... but, I gave that a pass.

Agreed, it's a very dark movie.... but the "death" themes and the "time" themes in the movie had me enraptured.

I thought the FIRST Garfield flick was "crap"---a ripoff of what I thought was an underwhelming movie to begin with (Batman Begins).... but ASM2, I gave a solid B grade. I'm not surprised it made some dough---no matter WHO it was who bought the tickets. That said: The wiki page says it's the worst selling Spidey movie of all-time---so, there's THAT to celebrate, if thoust are looking
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎