Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

They do have a simplistic charm to them as well as a high fun factor.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 16, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
      it's a shame....these figures are absolutely TERRIBLE! and should only be .99 cents each
      You could always try switching to a Type S body...
      sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I will be getting the Dark Crystal, Jaws and Trek figures. I just may have to get the gremlins if they look alright.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

I will admit that Funko may be pushing the price point a bit, but I would hope it is to gain capital to get more licenses and make more figures, and not just to make a quick buck.

CCC.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Cautiously optimistic on Star Trek? I just wish Funko realized that "retro" can equal "Likeness" sometimes.

No real interest in the other licenses but some of them are great moves and will sell well.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• RickD
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 31, 2011

I wish the Likeness was better on these to. There is something to be said when I have co workers come in and out of my office all day giving the biggest smile and asking "Where can they get those?"

$10 bucks a piece is small price to pay for some happiness

Comment

• figureaddicted
                • Jun 29, 2014

Usually im vocal about price points,but i feel these arent too bad. Compared to most of what i collect these clock in at the low range of tbe price scale. I also take into consideration the fact that they have to hunt down several licenses for the line as opposed to say Hasbro or Mattel which have maybe 3-4 strong multi year deals they milk across a variety of toy ranges. If these were 15 bucks a pop, i wouldnt be buying many of them. Retro figures,be it Mego style or Kenner style, have less detail than modern takes(FTCs Batman 66 line being exceptionally more detailed than most modern toys though),but more charm which is why i dont balk as much when it comes to these niche type figures. The other thing is ,when tracking down a loose near mint Kenner Star Wars figure, 10 bucks doesnt come round that often. Although its to be expected on vintage items. My biggest problem with these is the ever growing conflict of loose or moc. I got plenty moc, but fight the urge daily to open them. Thats where the price point, in theory, jumps from 10 to 20 bucks on the ones i want for both types of display. Unfortunately for me, ive only bought doubles a couple of times. So the war wages on......
                Last edited by figureaddicted; Dec 14, '14, 3:06 PM.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

Break
                  ing
                  bad
                  !!!!!

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I still don't get a lot of the license choices like including modern movies and TV shows in a retro line. But Dark Crystal is must have.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by 80stoyman
                      I wish the Likeness was better on these to.
                      I've limited my purchases to just the Universal Monsters, so far. It bothers me I'm missing out on Snake Plissken and the Terminator, but they just look like a couple dudes. If they looked somewhat more like the characters, I'd be all over them. It's not like Kenner wouldn't have made Schwarzenegger buffer than Doc Brown.

Still might get the Crow and Rocketeer if I get a chance.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        I still don't get a lot of the license choices like including modern movies and TV shows in a retro line. But Dark Crystal is must have.
                        I gotta see the product first, but if they get anywhere near what super7 did with the Alien line, I am fully on board for these.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

If I get some more Universals and my missing Alien figures, I'll be happy.
                          Really wish I could get the Egg Chamber, but the price...
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

My worry is that the person who oversaw Alien isn't part of the new team.

Someone I know had a conversation with somebody at Funko recently and their response to the criticisms of some of the figures was "Well, that's retro".

I don't agree, maybe the first batch of Kenner Star Wars had some pretty soft likeness but a lot of the 3 3/4" output by Kenner, Mego, Mattel and Remco during that period is excellent and innovative.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, Retro doesn't equal "bad". The Rocketeer and some of the Back to the Future figures (Biff and George, I'm looking at you) are just...well...they aren't good. Then you have gems like the Phantom of the Opera, Wolf Man, Invisible Man, etc.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                                My worry is that the person who oversaw Alien isn't part of the new team.
                                Maybe that explains why the Chestburster Kane look kind of odd, too mellow. For someone getting slaughtered. It doesn't have to be utter realism, but but the figure seems quietly happy with his fate...
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎