X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
    I the question I think is more crucially up in the air (in my opinion) is what are they planning on doing as far as Mogwais and Gremlins for the Gremlins line? It seems right up their alley to make the Peltzer family, Pheobe Cate's and Cory Feldman's character (and how about Mrs. Deagle), but how exactly are they looking at the creatures---You can always buy a random rubber shark to compliment your JAWS figures (billions of low-price choices out there)---but without ReAction scale Gremlins or Mogwais for your human Gremlins characters, the line seems pretty pointless as far as displays.
    I was wondering a similar sort of thing myself if the line would like neccas and just be the creatures or if you would have the humans and Yoda sized gremlins. I would love to see big trouble in little China ones one day I hope to see monkey reaction figures from the 70's TV show
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

And I still vote for a Princess Bride line. You could even offer a trio of Westley options (farmboy, Dread Pirate Roberts, and his swashbuckling outfit at the end), and I'd think at least Buttercup and Vizzini, Fezzik, and Inigo would be popular, though I'd think even Count Rugen would do well, and, given the way they make their lines, perhaps a two-pack of the grandfather & grandson would be natural.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

If the new sculpts are anything like BTTF or Escape from NY, I'll pass...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I can be pretty forgiving of any piece of plastic that is sold on a Jaws card, but I hear you Gorn Captain. I have heard Funko express that their early sculpts didn't quite nail the detail they were looking for, and that they have henceforth been working to strike a better balance with their aesthetic. Let's hope.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

The Universal figures overall are nice. But I hope they do up their game with these new figures.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• nazgul
              Lord of Light
              • May 2, 2011

So over at the Funko reaction forum, it seems the guy in charge is answering some of our questions....here's the link

for those that don't feel like jumping, I'll summarize...

looks like they are doing a shark for Jaws, the gremlins will be singly packaged with other accessories (they are "fudging" the size a bit), and the Dark Crystal line will be based off of the prototypes that never made it out in the 80s, along with some "improvements"
              Last edited by nazgul; Dec 11, '14, 2:56 PM.
              You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

I'm glad that The Dark Crystal figures will be based on the original unreleased prototypes. I'll definitely be looking out for those.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                  I can be pretty forgiving of any piece of plastic that is sold on a Jaws card, but I hear you Gorn Captain. I have heard Funko express that their early sculpts didn't quite nail the detail they were looking for, and that they have henceforth been working to strike a better balance with their aesthetic. Let's hope.
                  That is positive news. I really like Alien and Universal Monsters, and something like Jaws would be very cool. If the sculpts are closer to the actors, I might take the bait...
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

it's a shame....these figures are absolutely TERRIBLE! and should only be .99 cents each

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I really like the Wolf Man, Creature, Invisible Man and Phantom of the Opera. Dracula is okay, and Frankenstein is the weakest of the set. I haven't gotten the Bride, due to her warped freaky legs. The Nightmare Before Christmas figures look nice overall as well.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• nazgul
                        Lord of Light
                        • May 2, 2011

it's a shame....these figures are absolutely TERRIBLE! and should only be .99 cents each
                        This style of figure wasn't even 99 cents in 1978....
                        Last edited by nazgul; Dec 13, '14, 9:04 AM.
                        You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Well, I still want a Phantom and Dracula, but it's too expensive to "collect 'm all"...

One of the main draws of the Universal Monsters is the card design, which I love.

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

Does anyone know if the liscense for original Star Trek includes the movies? I'd love to see a Wrath of Khan line in this scale. Figures based on the two pilot episodes would be most welcome also.

Comment

• LordMudd
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              . I haven't gotten the Bride, due to her warped freaky legs.
                              Chris
                              A solution to this was posted somewhere. I haven't tried it yet. Put the legs in hot water. Dry them and bind them with a rubber band or tie wrap (like from bread) and put in the freezer for a few minutes.

CCC.

Comment

• megonaught
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 29, 2008

Ya know its ok that you dont like these but alot of people do.
                                To me they bring back the feeling that these were ment to be played with.
                                Alot of todays toys are more of something that you can look but dont touch thing.
                                Bottom line is these were made to spark the inner child of the 70's and 80's and i believe they do just that.
                                I will continue to get the ones i like and praise them because they do bring out my inner child.
                                THANK YOU Funko.

Originally posted by Teemu
                                Action Jackson is his name.
                                Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎