Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kinostadt
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 14, 2004

I find that they make nice gifts to people in our general age bracket who aren't necessarily toy collectors. They are inexpensive, they don't take up much space, and they strike a nostalgic pop culture chord with the masses.

Comment

• megonaught
      Career Member
      • Jan 29, 2008

Yes they do.

Originally posted by kinostadt
      I find that they make nice gifts to people in our general age bracket who aren't necessarily toy collectors. They are inexpensive, they don't take up much space, and they strike a nostalgic pop culture chord with the masses.
      Action Jackson is his name.
      Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Trek will reel me in, IF I can find them. I STILL have not seen anything other than Goonies at Target.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

I think there isn't a need for a shark (and certainly not a BOAT) for the JAWS line (of which I will buy EVERY figure they make), and the question I think is more crucially up in the air (in my opinion) is what are they planning on doing as far as Mogwais and Gremlins for the Gremlins line? It seems right up their alley to make the Peltzer family, Pheobe Cate's and Cory Feldman's character (and how about Mrs. Deagle), but how exactly are they looking at the creatures---You can always buy a random rubber shark to compliment your JAWS figures (billions of low-price choices out there)---but without ReAction scale Gremlins or Mogwais for your human Gremlins characters, the line seems pretty pointless as far as displays.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• figureaddicted
            • Jun 29, 2014

Very excited about most of these properties (never cared about Boondock Saints honestly) so this is great news. I expect more exciting things to come in the next few weeks. There have already been unconfirmed rumors of Big Trouble in Little China ,the X Files and (fingers crossed) the James Bond series. Plus im still personally pulling for classic Planet of the Apes (all 5 of them!) To get the call.....but theres no reason to get my hopes up for that one yet

Comment

• Boshek
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 26, 2011

I will get ever classic Star Trek figure they make. It has been my dream way back since the ERTL figures came out.
              Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• Bantha5
                Museum Super Collector
                • May 2, 2013

Not sure how they will do gremlins too, a gremlin with each human or a pack of a few by themselves? Hope Jaws is quint, Brodie and hooper, no others needed. Star Trek has long legs, but has been done so many times in som many forms. How about starting off with something oddball, The Animated series. Hope dark crystal is bases on the avia line. Ryan

Comment

• Remco Monster
                  GLOWS in the Dark!
                  • May 3, 2006

These figures aren't really scale accurate, just like vintage lines, for the most part, weren't. I bet the Gremlins will be the size of Sam from Trick or Treat and Talky Tina from Twilight Zone, who are basically vintage Jawa/Yoda size.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I doubt we'll see it but I want a Chuck Jones figure for Gremlins.

Comment

• phil
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 11, 2007

JAWS figures with out the shark doesn't make sense.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by Bantha5
                        Hope Jaws is quint, Brodie and hooper, no others needed.
                        What, no Michael Caine as Hoagie from Jaws: The Revenge?!?

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by phil
                          I agree. A generic rubber shark won't do the trick. Bruce has a certain signature look that generic sharks do not.

Comment

• nazgul
                            Lord of Light
                            • May 2, 2011

I imagine the Gremlins would be treated like an accessory for the human figures, or two packs, like they did for the Nightmare Before Xmas
                            You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by phil
                              like Back to the Future without the Delorean.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Falstaff13
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 28, 2008

I'm still yet to see any of these "in the wild." I'm interested in Dark Crystal, and I'm hoping that a license with Henson could lead to Labyrinth in a future wave. As for Star Trek, I'm assuming these will just be the main crew. Back in the days of Playmates, I always hoped they'd produce some of the historic figures to "guest" on the series (the Earps from "Spectre of the Gun," Mark Twain from "Time's Arrow," Abraham Lincoln & Genghis Khan from "The Savage Curtain," the Holodeck-based, card playing scientists, etc.)
                                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎