Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

So the hot and cold dudes take on an armed mob just like that, Mano-a-Mano, without their weapons...and make them tremble?

Okay, now once Cisco builds their super guns again (and that ridiculous gold gun for the chick)...they go after the brother of the previous gangsters.

My second question...ok...they have those powerful guns...but are they invincible themselves?

I'm a great shot...I'd stand way back...hidden...and I'd take careful aim...and I guarantee...I'd hit one with my Glock right between the eyes...super gun or no super gun...

Last edited by Hector; Mar 25, '15, 4:47 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I do like the Flash, not hating...
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Darn it, I missed it--what was Lisa Snart up to? Lethal skating or some kind of Goldface schtick?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
          learning all the time
          • Sep 15, 2010

yeah, I like the show, but Snart and his buddy are really awful villains. c'mon, a cold gun? a GOLD gun? (wouldn't that by itself be an awesome tool for a thief???? why is it a weapon????)
          guns that Cisco just built by hand under pressure??? if Snart had all the materials for the gun (and studied it like he said he did) couldn't he have made it himself or just got someone else to make them for him way before that point?
          and the Flash is fast, right? like, really fast? so fast there's absolutely NO WAY even a speeding bullet can hit him, let alone a flame thrower? zip zip "I just took your guns out of your hands." zip zip "now you're both in prison." Flash was fast enough to do that before the eye rollingly bad "truce" scene so why didn't he just do that before?
          it's a good show, fun and all but they need to tighten it up a little more.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Exactly ^^^^^^^^
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I guess Cisco is Flash Jr...building those guns faster than a speeding bullet.
              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

You guys realize he's been fighting these guys in the comics, with these same weapons for years, right?

You've pointed out the inherent flaw in the entire Flash concept: He's TOO fast. He should be able to stop any criminal, any disaster, before they even get started. When comic writers started taking things more seriously in the 80s, it's why Marv Wolfman first slowed down Wally West, and then wrote him out of New Teen Titans. It's why he, and later Mike Baron, made his speed only slightly above the speed of sound. If you think too hard about it, it all falls apart.

It's like Clark Kent and the glasses. It's a built in conceit. You just have to accept it works, and move on.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

I will imagine they have to make some sort of speed barrier for him. Right now Barry is still slower than Wells and from the plot something is stopping him from being able to just run himself back to the future.
                  It's all good!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Maybe Max Mercury will show up. Maybe he stopped the Trickster? That would be a cool twist.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• boss
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 18, 2003

that was cool.

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                      Apparently some of the Flash cast are fans of Firefly..

https://youtu.be/Ac3a49-sj3A
                      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        You guys realize he's been fighting these guys in the comics, with these same weapons for years, right?

You've pointed out the inherent flaw in the entire Flash concept: He's TOO fast. He should be able to stop any criminal, any disaster, before they even get started. When comic writers started taking things more seriously in the 80s, it's why Marv Wolfman first slowed down Wally West, and then wrote him out of New Teen Titans. It's why he, and later Mike Baron, made his speed only slightly above the speed of sound. If you think too hard about it, it all falls apart.

It's like Clark Kent and the glasses. It's a built in conceit. You just have to accept it works, and move on.

Chris
                        I get that, I'm okay with that...about suspending disbelief...if we go entirely by pure logic...the Flash would win every time in one second.

I'm just slightly complaining about the little things...like Cisco building the baddies those guns in mere moments...and pointed out the silliness of the gold gun. But my biggest complaint from day one...has been that bloody prison. No way in hell, should a heroic group have a prison...and lock them up without due justice...it's a criminal act unto itself. The way they are kept, no living humane quarters that I can see...never see them get fed either. Perhaps that's done behind the scenes, but I call it careless and lazy writing.

Other than that...I have no problem with Flash's powers...it's a fun show...and I'll keep watching.
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

The Captain Cold actor makes me cringe.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^I can't decide if he's really good, or really bad. If it's a true commitment to a certain character he's conveying, or bad acting. It could go either way.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                              The Captain Cold actor makes me cringe.
                              I may be the only person who likes Wentworth's delivery, lol. It's annoying but that's why I like it. It reminds me of something off the 66 Batman series. I don't think it was intentional and may be just in my mind, but the whole super-villain caper in the show played like an homage to 66 Batman.

Hector you make some good points about legality issues with Wells' lockup. But, a toilet was never shown on the Starship Enterprise either. I just assume the prisoners are fed and have facilities of some sort, but it's not worth worrying with. Same with security. You could assume the regulars have been given clearance off screen.

It may be lazy writing or maybe the writers hand rather spend more time on other things than explaining stuff that doesn't really advance the story.

Sometimes explanations work to the detriment, but other times it creates more story ideas. Maybe the show will do more with the prison down the line.

As for Flash dealing with such low-level villains when he basically has the power of a god, I'd say in the context of the show, he's just figuring it all out and doesn't know what he can or can't do. Wells has guided him to use his powers in a way that suits Wells' needs, not to make him the most efficient crime-fighter or practicianer of super speed. Wells may be purposely holding Barry back.

As for the comics, I've read the idea that Barry subconsciously governed his power based on the circumstances to stay in touch with humanity. He just sorta played with the Rouges Gallery, who never really hurt anyone wit h their schemes in silver-age comics. The idea does have holes but it works well enough for me to explain the variances in Flash's powers.

But I totally understand that some such conceits or logical holes can make the material unfulfilling or silly or not worthwhile to some viewers. We all have our own tolerance for that type of stuff.
                              Last edited by madmarva; Mar 26, '15, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Fair enough, my friend...you made valid points.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎