Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

With all this time travel and alternate timelines is it possible that Thawne has screwed with time before? Gideon did say his LATEST time jump depleted him. What if his meddling shifted the current timeline that would have still had Barry's dad as the original Flash so it then passed on to Barry himself? They still have evidence of the alternate timeline with the old photos of Hamill's Trickster. There are little pieces of the old show all over. I guarantee Henry knows a lot more than he lets on, like he remembers the alternate timeline. I bet by season's end we see him suited up even for just a few seconds.

Or everything I just wrote is not going to happen. This show has me guessing every week.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

If Barry stops Thawne in the past he screws up his own time line and causes his own history to change, which will then cause his history to change again because he won't become the Flash and go back in time to attempt to stop Thawne. No telling what his scheme was before the Flash messed up his plans and stranded him in the past.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^One of my theories on this is that Thawne will meet Barry/Flash for HIS first time LATER in the series. He will travel back in time from his own future next season, or sometime later. This will be all new to him, but Barry will somehow assume Thawne is back from their previous encounters. They will become enemies, and then at some point, he goes back in time to when Barry was a boy to kill him. He instead kills Nora Allen, and gets trapped in the past. That's why he was there to kill Barry, but now needs his help, and therefore pushes his creation along, so he can achieve his time-jump and return to his own era.

I THINK that kind of makes sense, but it's early in the morning. This is somewhat similar to how Wally, the later Flash, met Thawne before Barry ever did, only in reverse...which is kind of poetic.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

Apparently both RF and Barry are from the future. I didn't catch it and I will have to see if there are any better screen caps out there, but the opening sequence where Barry is fighting in his house, he has an updated costume with a white field behind the lightning bolt and yellow accents on sleeves and legs.

It's all good!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, he has the white background on his symbol for sure. Barry is from later in his timeline as well.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

I can't find a youtube link but I just saw the trailer for the final episodes and...holy freakin crap. These next ones are going to be intense. This is not the same one from a couple of weeks ago, this has new stuff, incredible stuff that is mindblowing. I haven't been this interested in a show since DS9.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

It really is fun what they are doing with this show. I look more forward to it than any comic for at least five maybe even 10 years. The clip of Grodd looked great.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Anybody noticed Amanda Pays as Dr. Tina McGee?

At first I didn't recognized her...she's 55 now...but I kept saying to myself...man, that's a good looking older woman...and sure it enough...it was the sexy English scientist from the 1990 Flash series...nice to see her again.
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

She was on once already, Hec. I think it was the Pied Piper episode?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^She was on earlier, but I think it was the one where they tried to trap the Reverse-Flash. He stole her tachyon whatjamajigger. It was great seeing her, but I wish they'd found a way to get her into the Trickster episode.

Fun episode, but I hope they do get to Atom actually shrinking, and not being X-O Iron Man of Atom.

Things are getting real for the Scooby Gang, for sure....

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                        To Fear is Not Logical...
                        • Feb 17, 2008

Fun episode. Anyone else notice that in an episode with mechanical bee stings that it was ironic that there was a medical ad for an epi pen during the commercials? Lol.
                        It's all good!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^YES! That was either hilarious coincidence, or some savvy marketing, I'm not sure which. As long as they don't partner with Stride gum like that godawful Smalliville episode (waiting for Hector to chime in with "they were all godawful!").

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            She was on once already, Hec. I think it was the Pied Piper episode?
                            Ok, thanks.
                            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I think Amanda Pays looked a little older because of the chosen hair style AND color used. Put her back in longer brunette hair and we would probably have a different conversation. As far as the plot goes, I've given up trying to figure any of this out. Now that the time continuum is fried, we don't know everything that has been altered, so it gives the writers free reign to blow our minds every week. It's a great show. Hasn't missed a beat yet for me. Lots of fun.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

so, is Cisco going to be Vibe thanks to Flash's heart defribulation?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎