Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any more Super Powers Fist Fighters planned?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skid14
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 23, 2011

same here, crushed em as soon as a opened them and found they wouldnt stand up.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Oh wow! I'm not gonna do any crushing. For those of us who aren't so customizer savvy, I'd really like a ready made FF Black Manta.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
        Beat them like they owe you money.
        LOL...reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Stewie beat the crap out of Brian.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
          Career Member
          • Aug 3, 2010

Got my money? Got money for fake mustaches though... Love that episode, so funny
          mego's befo ho's

Comment

• megalomaniac001
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

I managed to boil and pop my Matell heads. I only ripped one neck. I have a real problem wasting bodies, but I really want to upgrade them all to Type S bodies. I may use the Matell bodies for henchmen or something.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Another dead horse.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, a bit of a Mattel tangent.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                  I know I've said this before, but I think FF Aquaman needs someone to fight. How about a FF Black Manta?
                  I agree, I'd love to see that one!

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I'll be surprised if they make many more simply because they're selling the FF bodies separate, which places the selection process in the hands of the hobbyist. To me that kind of kills the FF market in terms of waiting for something you can now make yourself.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

But there is a lure int he combination of the fist fighters and the Kenner-esque cards. I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't make more, as, even with the bodies sold separately now, they'd likely want to get as much use out of the tooling as they can. Add to that the first two series apparently selling well, and I'd expect another round once they've racked up a few more heroes and villains in regular form.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

Yeah, but no one sells a Black Manta head (yet). It would be cool to make one. I'd use flippers instead of boots, though.

Originally posted by MIB41
                        I'll be surprised if they make many more simply because they're selling the FF bodies separate, which places the selection process in the hands of the hobbyist. To me that kind of kills the FF market in terms of waiting for something you can now make yourself.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

It's the cards that grab me, the bodysuits aren't even unique.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Type Two
                            Career Member
                            • Sep 20, 2010

Invisiblelad:

Regarding the Mattel RA bodies and head removal, here's how I used to do it:

-Take a cordless drill, insert a bit around the size of a screwdriver rod

-Drill a hole in the plastic body on whatever side of the head you want (be sure the drill doesn't turn towards the head-plug or you might damage it).

-Take a flat-nosed screw-driver and pry the body open just enough to remove the head.

Then you have the head you want and also a non-mangled body that you could give to someone on the forum who wants them (people did at the time!) or sell on eBay (if you are so inclined).

Hope I helped!
                            Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Type Two
                              Invisiblelad:

Regarding the Mattel RA bodies and head removal, here's how I used to do it:

-Take a cordless drill, insert a bit around the size of a screwdriver rod

-Drill a hole in the plastic body on whatever side of the head you want (be sure the drill doesn't turn towards the head-plug or you might damage it).

-Take a flat-nosed screw-driver and pry the body open just enough to remove the head.

Then you have the head you want and also a non-mangled body that you could give to someone on the forum who wants them (people did at the time!) or sell on eBay (if you are so inclined).

Hope I helped!
                              Thank You So much Type 2 !!!!!

I'm sorry I derailed the thread guys! It really was accidental!

Comment

• tllgn
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 6, 2010

i think we will see more fist-fighters ,Bats 66,Flash,Green lantern,maybe even a hat hitting Skipper-would love that.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎