Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your Dungeons and Dragons memories.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I had friends who loved D&D. For whatever reason, I could never really get interested in it or any other role playing games.

However, I did watch the cartoon series. I had a D&D game on Intellevision that was fun. And, I had at least one of the action figures. He had blonde hair.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Classic TSR D&D commercial.

Unfortunately, I don't think LJN made a commercial for the AD&D toy line.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 29, '14, 12:18 AM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

I have a memory of one for the LJN line--I remember something that revealed the Fortress of Fangs had a place where the walls closed in (a feature I thought was really cool). If not a commercial, I guess it could have been some profile of toys, but my memory has it as an ad.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

My friends and I played D&D for several years as we transitioned from middle to high school circa 1982-85. A couple of my friends were more hardcore than the others (one being the DM), and we mostly relied on them for having all the manuals, modules, and accessories. They were good times. Some modules we took more seriously than others, often our games would devolve into a lot of silliness (or controversy), especially if our characters weren't faring well.

All the manuals and modules ended up with me. I ended up selling over 50 of the modules on eBay in a lot a couple years ago (which included several Gygax originals), and making almost $400 on the sale. I kept a few that I remembered more distinctly and had some sentimentality.

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

I knew a few people who were into a different type of role playing system called G.U.R.P.S. (Generic universal roleplaying system), supposively, you could mix different genres more easily. They use to talk about it all the time at lunch in school.
            1759367.jpg

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

From the age of ten I was a devoted player, so in other words I was a complete geek from the age of ten onto adulthood. I can't imagine anything in my life that inspired my inagination more than this game, and it also spawned a bunch of other, homemade games we used as well. By the mid 90's we switched to Middle Earth rules, which are far more realistic. I have nothing but fond memories of those times.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎