Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new news on the rumor of FTC getting the Marvel license?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ LOL. I bet they would still be too big.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Vinny0026
      Year Five!!
      • Jan 26, 2012

From my understanding

Whom ever gets the rights to make Marvel figures in that size (8") - is required to sell at price points of 75-100.00
      Hasbro does not want to compete with anyone for the price points for the figures they sell now from 6.00 - 20.00 depending on the line they are from).

This Might be 1 of the reasons They are doing 3 packs of figures.

If CTV/Figures Inc was to somehow get the rights down the line
      They would be selling these figures in a full wave (4 for 100.00) so maybe each figure would have its own package or maybe all 4 would come in 1 package - but you would be required to buy them in a set (to fit the price point Marvel allows them to sell the figures at)

IMO you will never see a 8" Mego remake of these figures for just 25 bucks per figure.

I think it would have been great if CTV had the rights and to see these figures all in one line again
      but its clear that pretty much will never happen (for now at least)
      "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by boss
        If FTC gets the Marvel license, I suggest they start with the Leader and MODOK.
        They should put The Watcher in that wave as well.

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          They should put The Watcher in that wave as well.
          Lol!
          And maybe the Mindworm (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #138) !

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

Impy might be a good choice.

Is there a hero called Crumbling Man? No Neck Girl? The Armless Wonder? Mr. Too Tight?
            Last edited by jayraytee; Dec 4, '14, 4:09 PM.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• nobody
              banjo!
              • Jan 26, 2012

It took 6 posts for me to get that joke.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                From my understanding

Whom ever gets the rights to make Marvel figures in that size (8") - is required to sell at price points of 75-100.00
                Hasbro does not want to compete with anyone for the price points for the figures they sell now from 6.00 - 20.00 depending on the line they are from).

They would be selling these figures in a full wave (4 for 100.00) so maybe each figure would have its own package or maybe all 4 would come in 1 package - but you would be required to buy them in a set (to fit the price point Marvel allows them to sell the figures at)

IMO you will never see a 8" Mego remake of these figures for just 25 bucks per figure.

I think it would have been great if CTV had the rights and to see these figures all in one line again
                but its clear that pretty much will never happen (for now at least)
                That would actually make some sense out of the situation. I'm wondering how much say Hasbro has in the matter: they might nix the idea of three or four figures even in a box set for fear they might be split up and sold separately through secondary outlets.

As for the bodies, I think the Doc bodies are sturdier (I haven't noticed the jutting left hip on the Diamond figures like the Universal monsters that I found on the loose bodies from Doc's site), but I'm not sure if FTC could afford that with likely smaller production runs than an outfit like Diamond can put out. If they did, we might see a significant price increase on the figures. Admittedly, things like the Diamond monsters and the 8" Trek figures are pretty much the top of the 8" lines out there in overall quality, but that's in part because Diamond has more resources and bigger pockets for bigger production runs to begin with.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

From my understanding

This is more or less correct.

This would be a violation of the license as each figure would have to be sold for $80. It's the reason the DST figure sets have only 1 body and 3 heads as opposed to 3 bodies.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

It would be a violation of Hasbro's agreement with Diamond Select, that doesn't mean things could change in the future. What happens if the 80 dollar price point bombs out? Will they walk away and not entertain other proposals for the format?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

It took me a few minutes before I realized the UTTERLY HYSTERICAL (& unfortunately accurate) implication that: FTC should produce The EADER & MODUK !

LMAO! Unfortunately this joke is based on the undisputable TRUTH, as far as every released NEW WGH DC character & prototypes shown to date from FTC. (Only as far as figures that are NOT a repro of a MEGO head).

So I'm not only very HAPPY that BrownBear got official word that FTC is addressing the scandal I like to call "BIG HEADgate", but also that they are Re-Working some heads currently! That's a GOOD sign if they decided to re-work some heads before sending them into production. So BrownBear's simple reporting of what Anthony from FTC said, has given me new found hope & some restored excitement for FTC future DC offerings!

I would LOVE an interview with FTC. To applaud the good & ask about the 2 other QC I have been seeing, Body quality/construction/tightness & the very inconsistent QC issues I see w/ the Painting of the DC WGH's faces (mostly BAD eye jobs) & inconsistent costume sewing. Although the FIT on the bodysuits since Wonder Woman's release have been phenomenal!

My FTC Super Powers Wave 1 & 2 are as follow:

Costuming/Paint on:

FTC Batman SP FF wave 2: = EXCELLENT! FANTASTIC! Great QC!

FTC Super Powers FF wave 1: = Luke Warm @ Best. QC issues: gathered/thin/crooked Belts, Paint apps, SM's GIANT red trunks, AQ's teeny tiny blk bikini briefs, ect.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        It would be a violation of Hasbro's agreement with Diamond Select, that doesn't mean things could change in the future. What happens if the 80 dollar price point bombs out? Will they walk away and not entertain other proposals for the format?
                        It wouldn't surprise me.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

At this point,who knows if Emce/DST is releasing anything Marvel retro....we know 4 figures that are coming and not a single one in hand yet

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

THere is a point there; I believe the diamond figures were delayed from the original release date planned (thought that is not an unusual thing with diamond in general). And there is a certain irony in the fact that FTC, even taking into account their head start and less stringent license, has already released almost all of the original DC Megos plus a couple new ones before Dimaond has gotten one Marvel to the virtual shelves. Given what we've seen, we'd likely get about the same completion rate if FTC got the license.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎