Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Old West by Gabriel

Plaid Stallions The Old West by Gabriel

In 2013, we got a pretty disappointing Lone Ranger movie, just like we did in 1981.

In 1981, we got a killer action figure line for that Lone Ranger movie that was so good, most kids loved them anyway.

Advantage 1981....

Gabriel Legend of the Lone Ranger Catalog.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    yup, love those figures! they went great with the butch cassidy and sundance kid figures!

Images
    This was how I got my 9" Lone Ranger/Silver and Tonto/Scout sets as a kid. I loved those things to death, and still have the same horses, with a new Ranger and Tonto to replace them.

For some reason, I never had the 3.75" figures as a kid. If I remember correctly, I could never find the Lone Ranger or Zorro. I watched the Filmation cartoon, so I know I would have been after those had I seen them. Years later, we got a Big Lots in town, and circa 1988, there were pegs full of the small Tonto figures, but no one else!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I have a fairly extensive collection of the 9 inch line including the big play set. A well loved childhood memory.
    It's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can be hit and still move forward.

Images
    Definitely a favorite line, and one that worked well with both the Butch & Sundance and Empire's Legends of the West line. I remember getting LR, Tonto, Butch Cavendish and their horses for Christmas, and I thought I had the whole line. Then we visited my grandmother, and a drugstore in her hometown had Buffalo Bill & Custer, and I, of course, had to have them. I remember making a deal to do chores for my grandmother so she'd get them for me.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Were these the figures that a slit down the front of the holster so that the figure could actually "draw" the gun? Or was that another line?

Blog Entries

Images
    i would have loved to see those unproduced figures come to life! jesse james, billy the kid, and geronimo. the quick draw action was triggerd by a button on their back.
    Last edited by starsky; Dec 3, '14 at 1:03 PM.

Images
    I wish The Real West line had happened, and I would have loved these then and now. Gabriel produced great toys, and it's too bad The Legend of the Lone Ranger flopped. Since they also got the Zorro line, these worked as a version of the Filmation cartoon. The movie did have Buffalo Bill & Custer, but it also had Wild Bill Hickok who wasn't made. And there was no Grant figure (which was also a missed opportunity for Wild Wild West and Jonah Hex...)
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Legend of the Lone Ranger is a guilty pleasure of mine. Other than the questionable narration by Merle Haggard and the block of wood that is Klinton Spilsbury, I think it's a good flick. It's a helluva sight better than the mockery that came out last year.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif