X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Switched out my Alfred to a type 'S'

It was fairly easy; the head was wobbly on the FTC body, and rather easy to pop out.

The outfit was easy to remove, and I really like the idea of that elastic strap to keep the shirt tucked into the trousers.

It was a bit of a tight fit, since the clothing is meant for a slightly smaller figure, but it went on.

As for any wobbly issues with the head, I figure that a couple of small O rings might tighten that up, or a layer of masking tape. Not too much, just enough to put a bit of tension in that area.

I hate to throw the body away; after all it cost me over twenty dollars, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it.

I figure I can use it for a dressmaker's dummy in 1:9 scale. LOL!
    JediJaida
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I replace all the FTC rubber bands with O Rings, I forget which size, tho. It solves all the tightness issues even better on the older bodies.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

found it, Danco #12 IT works perfectly. The Arms I keep all the metal hardware, on the legs I just keep the plastic hip pin and junk the metal hook.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I wonder what size I could use for a female? The tightness is still an issue that I don't like.
        JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I dunno, haven't got to that yet. I hope by the time they get to Julie Newmar they fix the issue or do different bodies to give her the right shape.

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Here's hoping. It's why I don't handle the female bodies that I got from them too much. I'm afraid of the rubber band snapping!
            JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I'm more afraid of Julie Newmar's figure being represented by a horrible Mego repro female body. It will do her no justice.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎