X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Meet Almond Joy , aka A.J.

Last Saturday night when we got home , there was this gray cat waiting for us. He had been coming around hit and miss all Summer eating what we put out for our animal friends. With a full house of cats, I never made any attempt to catch him. Now knowing our time with Kit Kat is limited, when he made the approach to say hi , the sucker in me gave in.
    We took him to the vet Monday and got him his shots and tested, then back Thursday to get him fixed
    All our cats are girls and have candy names, so Almond Joy was fitting for him , because Almond Joy has nuts , Mounds don't , hope you get the humor in that.
    The vet said he is under weight , and we need to push fluids in him to flush his kidneys . He still has some baby teeth, so he's less than 9 months she said, and he's going to be a big cat. And he's a Polydactyl cat , meaning he has extra toes, normal cats have 5 toes on the front paws, 4 on the back. He has 7 up front and 5 in the back, that's right our kitty has thumbs
    He got lucky, he came in Saturday night, Sunday night and Monday brought almost 6 inches of snow followed by 9 degree temperatures, so he picked a good time to move in.
    Here's Almond Joy, aka A.J.

don't take my picture!

this is my good side

check out the size of these paws

now LEAVE ME ALONE
  • TomStrong
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2011

I Wuvs teh kittehz!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Congrats on the new member of the family. I find it awfully suspicious these strays seem to have a sixth sense on which house offers a loving home.

Comment

• z3zep
        The Girl Next Door
        • Sep 30, 2006

he is a handsome & lucky fellow.

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Awesome! What a good-looking kitty! Our previous cat (who was with us 16 years) had thumbs, I never knew what the term for that was.

About his name, though: if you had him fixed, shouldn't his name be "Mounds" ? !!

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
            Career Member
            • May 14, 2007

Congratulations on being adopted by A.J.
            Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Looks like an Action Jackson to me!
              Good luck with the new member of the band, Ben!
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Geez Ben, is your house built on a catnip patch or something? They always seem to find you...LOL.

AJ is a handsome fella.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I think all stray cats know about Ben.

"Are you a cat, and looking for a good home?
                  Go to (Ben's home address)!!!!"

I think they're lining up around the block over there...
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                    Time to feed the cat
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                    I think all stray cats know about Ben.

"Are you a cat, and looking for a good home?
                    Go to (Ben's home address)!!!!"

I think they're lining up around the block over there...

I was putting out marshmallows and honey over the summer when we had black bear sightings in the area, I don't know if the Mrs. would have let me keep old Yogi though

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

Congrats on the addition to your family...

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                        Time to feed the cat
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                        Congrats on the addition to your family...
                        Thanks, he's fitting in better than we had even hoped, the other cats are all female, so I guess they look at him as no competition .

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Good save, Ben! A.J. looks like he found a great home.

Now, he'll a have a good life and won't struggle living outside any longer. I hate to see stray/feral cats struggling outside. We also do our best to help them when they present themselves to us.

- Ian
                          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Random Axe
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Apr 16, 2008

That made this cat lover's day, Ben. We aren't in the position to adopt any new ones, espeically strays with my wife's health but we think about it. I'll echo others sentiments that cats instinctively know where to go for help. CHeck this out. About eight years ago we had a stray staying on our deck all summer. He was the nicst little dude, calico, without a tail. I'd never seen that before. We named him Buddy. Every day coming home from work he got up from the lawn chair he was sleeping in to greet me. We knew we wopuld be moving in a couple of months so we weren't sure what to do. My wife and her mother one day drove several miles and dropped him off in a rich subdivision hoping someone would take him in. I didn't really agree with that at the time but I also could not take him in nor turn him over to a shelter to be killed. Anyway, flash forward two weeks when my wife and I returned from the grocery and THERE WAS BUDDY waiting for us on the deck as usual. He freakin found his way back.

Anyway, we found a friend's sister who was looking for a cat so she adopted him. He's still super healthy to this day and is now an indoor cat, fat and happy.
                            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                              Time to feed the cat
                              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Random Axe
                              That made this cat lover's day, Ben. We aren't in the position to adopt any new ones, espeically strays with my wife's health but we think about it. I'll echo others sentiments that cats instinctively know where to go for help. CHeck this out. About eight years ago we had a stray staying on our deck all summer. He was the nicst little dude, calico, without a tail. I'd never seen that before. We named him Buddy. Every day coming home from work he got up from the lawn chair he was sleeping in to greet me. We knew we wopuld be moving in a couple of months so we weren't sure what to do. My wife and her mother one day drove several miles and dropped him off in a rich subdivision hoping someone would take him in. I didn't really agree with that at the time but I also could not take him in nor turn him over to a shelter to be killed. Anyway, flash forward two weeks when my wife and I returned from the grocery and THERE WAS BUDDY waiting for us on the deck as usual. He freakin found his way back.

Anyway, we found a friend's sister who was looking for a cat so she adopted him. He's still super healthy to this day and is now an indoor cat, fat and happy.

Love a happy ending !!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎