X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

mego scale pith helmet?

I see this question has popped up a few times but couldn't find any resolution.
    Seems everything from burger king toys to rugrats to lion rock was mentioned, even shrinking a gi joe helmet!
    Anyone ever find anything in mego scale?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I've wondered about the Moebius Three Stooges kits--are their pith helmets in-scale?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
      learning all the time
      • Sep 15, 2010

a quick google shows the models are 10" tall... might be close, but isn't that also the scale of big jim? sort of in between gi joe and mego?

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
        learning all the time
        • Sep 15, 2010

what about modifying an army helmet like this one:

heck, at this point, I might try to sculpt one!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
          a quick google shows the models are 10" tall... might be close, but isn't that also the scale of big jim? sort of in between gi joe and mego?
          Yes. But that height might include the diorama base & not necessarily indicate scale.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
            learning all the time
            • Sep 15, 2010

member AAAAA has the 3 Stooges model in his hand and tells me that the helmet is big jim/lone ranger scale, not suitable for mego.
            oh well, mine is in the works... and it's not ready for prime time yet if it comes out ok my friend's wife can make a mold for copies.
            also she's very talented, she could probably make an awesome one from scratch- maybe if enough people are interested (and the price was right)?

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

new 027.jpg

still a little rough.
              at this point it looks more like a UK bobby hat than a pith helmet, but I think the next layer will round out the top and expand the brim.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎