Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I called FTC and asked about the oversized heads...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

MIB41, I hope you're right: I genuinely like most of what FTC has put out, and have supported all but three of their DC Comics figures with my wallet.

I purposefully asked my questions in a neutral way, with an upbeat tone of voice. There was no baiting on my end of the call, and the person I spoke with was cordial as well. Hopefully the person I spoke to was just unaware of FTCs plans.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Just a quick update to my earlier posting. I reached out to Anthony this morning and haven't heard back yet. When I do, I'll let you all know.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

So I reached out to Anthony this morning and he wanted to relay this message to you all here.

He's aware of the head issue and is working hard on getting the size corrected. The main reason we are seeing these big heads despite the issue already being brought up with Alfred and Bizarro is because several of the heads (such as Gordon) were made almost a year ago. There still appears to be potentially a few more "big heads" already made that have yet to be revealed, but once we get through those, the issue should be fixed going forward. So please be patient and know the issue IS indeed being corrected.

I was thrilled with Anthony's response and he seemed genuine about wanting to fix the issue. Hope that helps puts some minds at ease.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          So I reached out to Anthony this morning and he wanted to relay this message to you all here.

He's aware of the head issue and is working hard on getting the size corrected. The main reason we are seeing these big heads despite the issue already being brought up with Alfred and Bizarro is because several of the heads (such as Gordon) were made almost a year ago. There still appears to be potentially a few more "big heads" already made that have yet to be revealed, but once we get through those, the issue should be fixed going forward. So please be patient and know the issue IS indeed being corrected.

I was thrilled with Anthony's response and he seemed genuine about wanting to fix the issue. Hope that helps puts some minds at ease.
          Great news, thanks for asking him. So just guessing with that timeline it sounds like it would be at least a year before we would see properly-scaled heads? Just want to make sure expectations are set. Hope he knows he has a lot of support here.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks Brown Bear!

I'm glad to hear that the issue is being addressed. I'll look forward to purchasing the improved product in the future.

Fingers crossed that Superman Wave 2 and Hawkman are not included in the ones already affected with giant noggins.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, BB--good news IMO.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Is that just the male heads or are the female heads included?
                JediJaida

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

I would prefer they eat their mistake and remake the heads.
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

So, if other big heads are in the pipeline, it could be Ras, Scarecrow, new Batman, Flash, GL, Hawkman, Nightwing, Cyborg, which are the figures FTC has mentioned in one place or he other. That's a shame. I hope it's not the case. Personally, I would prefer them concentrate on other licenses and come back with the DC figures when the issue is taken care of. Probably is an unrealistic thought.

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by boss
                      Amen, preach on

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by madmarva
                        So, if other big heads are in the pipeline, it could be Ras, Scarecrow, new Batman, Flash, GL, Hawkman, Nightwing, Cyborg, which are the figures FTC has mentioned in one place or he other. That's a shame. I hope it's not the case. Personally, I would prefer them concentrate on other licenses and come back with the DC figures when the issue is taken care of. Probably is an unrealistic thought.
                        I have a feeling most of those heads will be in scale. Kora looks to be the last of the first waves, and he looks spot on.

I still don't see how '66 can work so well and WGH be so off.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by boss
                          If only. Luckily, customs could remedy that ;-)
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                            Nor do I--WGH have been comparatively slapdash IMO.

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
                              I have a feeling most of those heads will be in scale. Kora looks to be the last of the first waves, and he looks spot on.

Maybe I'm becoming a Negative Nellie, but I hope you are right and I am absolutely wrong. Right now, it's hard from me to have confidence. And, yes, it is terribly hard to understand why it's not an issue with 66 Batman. I do think those heads are large, but it is minimal compared to WGH and Battle Star Galactica and $6 Million Dollar Man figures

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                                MIB41, I hope you're right: I genuinely like most of what FTC has put out, and have supported all but three of their DC Comics figures with my wallet.

I purposefully asked my questions in a neutral way, with an upbeat tone of voice. There was no baiting on my end of the call, and the person I spoke with was cordial as well. Hopefully the person I spoke to was just unaware of FTCs plans.
                                Oh I absolutely believe your intentions were in the right place. I have no doubt there. I was just stating that the person on that other end, be it the owner or a hired hand, was not likely going to seriously field questions about their quality improvement processes based on an erroneous Q&A phone call. I'm sure that's why he was flip with his answers, because he wants to discourage getting his service line tied up with inquiries that are being handled on their social page and the various contacts who come to these forums. I can see your frustration in asking, but I can also see why they don't want to have people answering their phones offering an opinion on current products or discussing changes to future lines. They want to sell the product they have on hand, instead of swapping opinions about whether it all came out as good as they had hoped. I'm sure they're quietly fixing it on down the pipeline where it's economically feasible. My opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎