Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I called FTC and asked about the oversized heads...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
    Yeah you can either improve quality control or just stop posting pictures that show bad quality control.
    There was no Robin going on a card missing an arm. That was kinda the point. Some of you want FTC to take you more seriously but do everything you can to not give them a reason to.

Comment

• tdog
      • Jan 15, 2014

just seems to me...u buy what u want...if it's bad don't buy it. i find it hard to believe that someone in the know at figures would talk that stuff. musta been an unhappy employee, even if they were not gonna do anything...they would still not admit it as a selling point.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        Also it is curious that they haven't posted any production photos from the factory in months. I think most of us loved those, but I am guessing they got tired of the 'sweatshop' and 'I see a Robin going on the card missing an arm' comments.
        How is this non sequitur relevant to a discussion of head scale & modification--an issue you've admitted you don't really care about?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• houseofdracula
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 11, 2011

I just hope that the new Wrestling line doesn't become their first priority.
          I don't know why but I'm concerned over this.
          The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
          https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

• figureaddicted
            • Jun 29, 2014

Since late 2012 FTC has made major inroads to becoming accepted as a "legit" figure manufacturer. Ignoring consumers requests now is just plain bad timing and PR. No matter which side of the "big head" fence you are on, i think we all could agree that FTC should publically acknowledge customers concerns about it. Even if its something they have no plans on changing the head size issues, they would be well served to say they arent, and give a reason as to why they cant. Perhaps that would allow some collectors to forgive the issue and look past it knowing there's a reason for it. Sure they will probably lose some potential sales from those who cannot look past it, but i think it would help them more in the long run to do it,rather than come off as if they dont care. I personally try to get past some of the head scale issues. I admit i would prefer they corrected it myself, but if its a character i really want in my collection ,I'll still pick it up. I just think FTC should do everything to keep public perception positive while they're trying to grow their business into a bigger market.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tdog
              just seems to me...u buy what u want...if it's bad don't buy it. i find it hard to believe that someone in the know at figures would talk that stuff. musta been an unhappy employee, even if they were not gonna do anything...they would still not admit it as a selling point.
              exactly. Vote with your wallet if you don't like the product. So far with me they lost selling me Kane, Bizarro, and potentially Scarecrow if they mess him up, too. Be great to see Mr. Moosemego address this ongoing issue.
              Last edited by thunderbolt; Nov 21, '14, 4:54 AM.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

There was no Robin going on a card missing an arm. That was kinda the point. Some of you want FTC to take you more seriously but do everything you can to not give them a reason to.
                No but if I remember correctly, it was a Robin with a missing belt.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                  No but if I remember correctly, it was a Robin with a missing belt.
                  Yes there was that too, 'hope that Robin doesn't go on the card missing a belt'. A huge pile of figures in a somewhat blurry picture and people can spot a Robin on the bottom that's missing a belt and that QC won't catch before putting it on the card. Silly nonsense like that came out every time the pictures were posted here, and on Facebook. That plus the 'I hope they are making a liveable wage' comments and I can see why FTC decided they were more trouble than they were worth. Shame as a lot of people liked the pictures, but a few haters ruined it, I am afraid.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I believe there was a poster on here that did get a missing belt Robin.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

With all due respect to Krypt0nite, I don't know how much weight I would put on that one call. I think the customer service side of it comes from dealing with orders directly. I think when you're talking about getting an erroneous phone call addressing questions unrelated to an order, it's hard to judge the person answering those questions since they have no context as to the intent. He might have felt like those issues were already addressed through proper channels and maybe someone was just baiting him so he was indifferent to the caller. It's not like he sat down in an official interview with one of the mods from this forum and blew them off with those questions. From everything I've read, they have taken notice and are addressing it where they can in the production process. I imagine figures like Bizzaro and Gordon were too far down the production chain to pull at this stage, so they were stuck with what they got. I think if that continues with a number of future lines, then it would garner a closer look. But I don't think we're at that juncture yet. Lots of cool stuff coming out that appear to have quality as a top characteristic, so I think these examples are more hiccups than a trend. My thoughts.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

I can see why FTC decided they were more trouble than they were worth. Shame as a lot of people liked the pictures, but a few haters ruined it, I am afraid.
                        Weren't you the guy who said we should stop complaining around here, because FTC doesn't pay attention to what we say at the Museum?
                        And now you are suggesting that a couple stray comments here at the Museum and FTC is all "see... that's why you guys can't have nice things"?
                        I'm so confused.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by sprytel
                          Weren't you the guy who said we should stop complaining around here, because FTC doesn't pay attention to what we say at the Museum?
                          And now you are suggesting that a couple stray comments here at the Museum and FTC is all "see... that's why you guys can't have nice things"?
                          I'm so confused.
                          This honestly made me LOL.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

Has anyone actually tried the acetone method to just shrink the heads a little?

If 3 dunkings can shrink a 12" scale head to 8", I'd think a single quick dunk could bring them down to proper scale.

Or would even a single 5 minute dunk completely ruin the paint and make the head too brittle?

Also, it would seem if it causes too much damage, someone could make a good amount of money selling properly scaled shunken heads on ebay.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

Yes there was that too, 'hope that Robin doesn't go on the card missing a belt'. A huge pile of figures in a somewhat blurry picture and people can spot a Robin on the bottom that's missing a belt and that QC won't catch before putting it on the card. Silly nonsense like that came out every time the pictures were posted here, and on Facebook. That plus the 'I hope they are making a liveable wage' comments and I can see why FTC decided they were more trouble than they were worth. Shame as a lot of people liked the pictures, but a few haters ruined it, I am afraid.
                              I recieved a 66 Robin with a missing belt myself. I have also recieved broken figures. A majority here have recieved figures that had the bands too tight and of course the female neck issue. And if I remember correctly someone complained of early bird superman arriving with a cheap cape. It's the actual quality control issues that spur the comments about quality control issues with the figures in the very pictures that FTC releases. So it is very unfair to call the comments silly, if anything they are more along the lines of pointed sarcasm. Which again, people wouldn't be making if the quality was actually good. But for the quality issues there wouldn't be complaints.

It's like were eating at a restaraunt and the steak comes uncooked, the food is cold and when we complain the floor manager comes over and accuses us of silly complaints, that we should just keep our mouth shut, that if we complain the cook will not take us seriously. I mean come on.
                              Last edited by jayraytee; Nov 21, '14, 12:46 PM.
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

nt....
                                Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Nov 21, '14, 2:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎