Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mickey any word on the packaging for the Aquaman vs Great Whiite Shark set?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
    I'll post something on this as soon as they give me the okay. P.S.-I wanted them to use the JAWS poster image with Aquaman swimming on the surface. These are the Jokes.
    Thanks Mickey! To be honest I bet they could use the exact packaging if they wanted to, aren't the Marvel 3-packs coming with a repro box for the Mego replica?

My guess is they want to put their own stamp on the packaging, and give it their own look. I can understand that, but I think with the GWS playset the exact packaging would help drive sales.

Comment

• rjm118
      Museum Super Collector
      • Apr 25, 2012

Ima fraid to ask what the price on this will be but I know I have to have it!

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        Thanks Mickey! To be honest I bet they could use the exact packaging if they wanted to, aren't the Marvel 3-packs coming with a repro box for the Mego replica?

My guess is they want to put their own stamp on the packaging, and give it their own look. I can understand that, but I think with the GWS playset the exact packaging would help drive sales.
        Marvel and DC being owned by different people they may each have different licensing restrictions on stuff like this.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
          Marvel and DC being owned by different people they may each have different licensing restrictions on stuff like this.
          Maybe. But the card design for the 5-headshot Wonder Woman is so similar to the original Mego cards that you would think DC would have flagged it if there was a restriction in place.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 11, 2014

All packaging goes through an approval stage with DC.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

You're better off getting a box from Anthony or Chad on here. I guaranteeee ftc's final product won't look anything like the original mego artwork.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎