Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 Mego WWII Battleground! Set- What do I have?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibeforej
    • Nov 15, 2014

1981 Mego WWII Battleground! Set- What do I have?

I just purchased a 1981 Mego World War II Battleground set and I'm having the hardest time finding out info. I've found a few auctions online that mention that Mego purchased the Marx inventory in the late 70s/early 80s and rebranded it. Beyond that, I'm clueless. Honestly, before I saw this set, I had no idea that Mego produced anything but awesome action figures.

Below are the pieces I have (includes 30 Americans w/ stretcher and 31 Germans). Is it complete? Is this even rare or just another cool set for my sons to play with?

• toyman
    Just Another Collector
    • Sep 1, 2008

That's a cool set, I had several of those growing up. Looks complete overall. I have quite a few of the figures that I've purchased over the years between Battle Ground and Fort Apache and some of the Vikings/Knights figures'. Great find in that condition.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

I must have had this set in doubles or triples I remember having a lot more vehicles for both sides

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I had the Marx version, pretty sure the vehicles were different colors and there should be a German flag, too. Looks like someone chopped up the barbed wire rolls. They should form tubes.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ibeforej
          • Nov 15, 2014

Thanks all for your help! It does look like the barbed wire was cut- apparently that war scenario necessitated it. Desperate times!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
            Permanent Member
            • Mar 7, 2011

Great set... Thanks for sharing. Brought back plenty of memories!!!

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 22, 2012

Wow. I don't know if I had that specific set, but those sure bring back some memories. I loved those things as a kid. Also the cowboys and Indians sets. Match those up with some Lincoln log forts and you have an afternoon of awesomeness.
              Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I used to combine all my sets. Dinosaurs vs soldiers vs astronauts vs knights
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ibeforej
                  • Nov 15, 2014

Well, after 6 months, I've decided to part with the set. My boys never played with it and I know that someone else will appreciate it- either for personal nostalgia or to pass along to sons/daughters of their own. Thanks again for the extra insight.

Comment

• toyman
                    Just Another Collector
                    • Sep 1, 2008

I have it on my watch list.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡