Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Christmas could not come at a more timely point. My daughter is getting me the Conan figure and he arrived in the mail today. So before he gets put away in a box for wrapping, I at least got to see him (sealed of course) and I've got to say I was VERY impressed. He looks like he walked right out of the 70's. A perfect replica. My original was a carded one and this was just like going back in time and snatching it back when it was still new. I put some FF figures on my list of potential Christmas gifts from the wife, so those may creep into my collection along the way. But I can definitely say the Conan is just excellent looking. That was another childhood moment recaptured. I can't ask for much more than that.

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

My very quick & short mini-review of the *FTC Super Powers Fist Fighters Wave 1 & 2. This is judging them while still MIB.

*I would LOVE an interview with FTC. to applaud their good work, & ask about the 3 QC issues I've been seein; 1. Big heads on New characters 2. Body quality/construction/tightness, the very inconsistent QC issues I see w/ the Painting of the DC WGH's faces (mostly BAD eye jobs) & 3. inconsistent costume sewing. Although the FIT on the bodysuits since Wonder Woman's release have been phenomenal!

My FTC Super Powers Wave 1 & 2 are as follow:

Costuming/Paint on:

FTC Batman SP FF wave 2: = EXCELLENT! FANTASTIC! Great QC!

FTC Super Powers FF wave 1: = Luke Warm @ Best. QC issues: gathered/thin/crooked Belts, Paint apps, SM's GIANT red trunks, AQUA Man's teeny tiny black bikini briefs, Shazam's BELT is swen crookedly, gathered in parts & not just super transparent; I believe a poster here is right (MIB41?) that RED dye is bleeding into the belt & Definitely the belt's stitching.
      Last edited by invisiblelad; Dec 5, '14, 3:53 PM.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by invisiblelad
        My very quick & short mini-review of the *FTC Super Powers Fist Fighters Wave 1 & 2. This is judging them while still MIB.

*I would LOVE an interview with FTC. to applaud their good work, & ask about the 3 QC issues I've been seein; 1. Big heads on New characters 2. Body quality/construction/tightness, the very inconsistent QC issues I see w/ the Painting of the DC WGH's faces (mostly BAD eye jobs) & 3. inconsistent costume sewing. Although the FIT on the bodysuits since Wonder Woman's release have been phenomenal!

My FTC Super Powers Wave 1 & 2 are as follow:

Costuming/Paint on:

FTC Batman SP FF wave 2: = EXCELLENT! FANTASTIC! Great QC!

FTC Super Powers FF wave 1: = Luke Warm @ Best. QC issues: gathered/thin/crooked Belts, Paint apps, SM's GIANT red trunks, AQUA Man's teeny tiny black bikini briefs, Shazam's BELT is swen crookedly, gathered in parts & not just super transparent; I believe a poster here is right (MIB41?) that RED dye is bleeding into the belt & Definitely the belt's stitching.
        I hope when you take them out of the Packing they work for you, I bought 2 sets of each and I have 16 USELESS Fistfighters

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I thought FTC's FF bodies--which admittedly, I don't care for--were working okay?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
            Permanent Member
            • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I thought FTC's FF bodies--which admittedly, I don't care for--were working okay?
            PNGwynne... If they are then I seem to be the ONLY ONE having amazingly bad luck with their bodies not only do the 16 Fist Fighters that I bought not work but the 3 sets each of wave 1 and 2 of Batman 66, 24 figures total are useless as well...

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
              PNGwynne... If they are then I seem to be the ONLY ONE having amazingly bad luck with their bodies not only do the 16 Fist Fighters that I bought not work but the 3 sets each of wave 1 and 2 of Batman 66, 24 figures total are useless as well...
              So sorry to hear that BronxBoyKev! What's exactly wrong w/ your FTC batman 66 bodies (Mine will not hold their arms upward like the dozens of FTC New figs I've bought) & what is wrong w/ your FF bodies? I'm not even sure I'm going to open these now. Maybe the Batman wave as they look FANTASTIC! the FTC SPwave 1 figures are from OK to So-So, but Shazam's costuming seems to be the a train wreck o mine. Too bad too as I was planning on stripping AM, GA '7 Shazam & putting them on spare FTC bodies to curb my enthusiasm for their single release! '

???:
              1. Does everyones FTC FF Superman have WAY bigger red trunks than his reg FTC release like mine does?
              2. Does anyone w/ the FTC 2-pack Green Arrow have his "skin" flesh sleeve sewn outside the green cuff on his left side?
              3. Can anyone w/ the FTC 2-pack AQUAMAN let me know if his black trunks are teeny tiny bikini briefs like?
              4. " " " FTC 2-pk w/ Shazam tell me if theirs has crookedly sewn belts that are also soaking up red dye into the yellow thread in the stitching &.....................................

Is Shazam's belt as crooked as the guy here at the museum "selling" Greatest America Hero repros!.................................Yeah, I went there. I actually live there.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I've had no problems with the bodies on the 66 Batman figures so far. They are as posable as EMCE figures.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                  Permanent Member
                  • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                  So sorry to hear that BronxBoyKev! What's exactly wrong w/ your FTC batman 66 bodies (Mine will not hold their arms upward like the dozens of FTC New figs I've bought) & what is wrong w/ your FF bodies? I'm not even sure I'm going to open these now. Maybe the Batman wave as they look FANTASTIC! the FTC SPwave 1 figures are from OK to So-So, but Shazam's costuming seems to be the a train wreck o mine. Too bad too as I was planning on stripping AM, GA '7 Shazam & putting them on spare FTC bodies to curb my enthusiasm for their single release! '

???:
                  1. Does everyones FTC FF Superman have WAY bigger red trunks than his reg FTC release like mine does?
                  2. Does anyone w/ the FTC 2-pack Green Arrow have his "skin" flesh sleeve sewn outside the green cuff on his left side?
                  3. Can anyone w/ the FTC 2-pack AQUAMAN let me know if his black trunks are teeny tiny bikini briefs like?
                  4. " " " FTC 2-pk w/ Shazam tell me if theirs has crookedly sewn belts that are also soaking up red dye into the yellow thread in the stitching &.....................................

Is Shazam's belt as crooked as the guy here at the museum "selling" Greatest America Hero repros!.................................Yeah, I went there. I actually live there.
                  I guess they thought that they were coming up with a great idea for the 1966 Batman and Robin bodies but the idea could not have been a bigger train wreck especially with the boots and shoes... Why the went with snap in parts for the boots and shoes baffles me the make the figures very unstable you have to be very specific about how to pose them to get them to stand and even then I find myself picking them up off the floor 2 times a week... As for the rest of the 66 line the FTC bodies have very poor ankle support so they have what I fondly call Swan dive syndrome... They all dive forward because of the lack of ankle support... As far as the Fist fighter bodies go... Well they just don't... At least if they are in costume... FTC never altered their costumes for the FF ers the way MEGO did all FTC did was recycle the suits they had so there is no extra give at the Waist... The bigger Red trunks on superman might explain why My FF Superman does a split when you stand him

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

...FTC never altered their costumes for the FF ers the way MEGO did all FTC did was recycle the suits they had so there is no extra give at the Waist...
                    I did not realize this--it's disturbing but not really surprising.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

My Green Arrow FF works just fine, as good as the vintage ones.

Comment

• Mego Marauder
                        • Dec 9, 2014

Gotta admit the fist fighter versions really surprised me. Didn't expect those at all but it seems like they are just throwing fist fighter on everything in order to make more variants. I'm not a big variant fan. I guess Gilligan and Kiss fist fighters won't be far behind? Lol

Comment

• Type Two
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 20, 2010

I hope when you take them out of the Packing they work for you, I bought 2 sets of each and I have 16 USELESS Fistfighters
                          Sorry to hear that. I thought someone would have popped up by now to tell you the reason they don't work is your fault, but I guess the apologists are celebrating an early Christmas.
                          Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Shush, don't spoil the holiday. It's like invoking the Candyman.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 10, 2007

I got 4 FF's and all they work fine. You pull the left arms out and they karate chop like they are supposed to, push them back in and they throw punches like crazy.
                              I don't know what to tell you.
                              Lynn

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                My 4 FF's work fine, no issues at all.
                                Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎