Clear All
  • jacsfc
    Career Member
    • Aug 2, 2004

All 8 of mine work perfectly.

Comment

• ompiman
      • Dec 10, 2012

Hi everyone im new at collection ftc..my ftc are only batman n robin 66, so glad i could have them...and now im planning to get a standart re mego batman from original wgsh ftc...this one is a thing that i need to have..to bring back memories of my childhood

So could anyone reccomend to me, is it better to get the ftc ff superpowers batman ? or batman wgsh the mego box editon?....cause those two that i see available on ebay...i only can buy ftc from ebay since i live i indonesia and there are no ftc local sellers

Is the box version still have the same body type and quality as in wgsh series 1? Is the ftc ff have better body type and quality than the wgsh s1?

Thx

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

^^ these figures certainly do bring back fond memories of childhood -no question .i bought all the fist fighters and boxed figures ,the box edition is quite
        nice ,i think the classic mego bodies are actully better ,and same goes for the fist-fighters .but FTC bodies are pretty close ,their color is off ,but
        they still capture that mego feel and look ,i personally have had no problems with either style.my fist-fighters work very nice .if you really want
        that mego appearance .the box version is very nice and captures that mego memory flavor.you cant go wrong on either one .enjoy playtime.

Comment

• ompiman
          • Dec 10, 2012

Originally posted by tllgn
          ^^ these figures certainly do bring back fond memories of childhood -no question .i bought all the fist fighters and boxed figures ,the box edition is quite
          nice ,i think the classic mego bodies are actully better ,and same goes for the fist-fighters .but FTC bodies are pretty close ,their color is off ,but
          they still capture that mego feel and look ,i personally have had no problems with either style.my fist-fighters work very nice .if you really want
          that mego appearance .the box version is very nice and captures that mego memory flavor.you cant go wrong on either one .enjoy playtime.

Hi tllgn

thanks for the feedback, but is it true that WGSH series 1 or earlier series of FTC have a tendency to have a breakage? and from what ive read in forum that FTC FF superpowers have more durability and have better quality?

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

Yes I have heard that opiman.i bought that series .and its possible.but again I don't see it.i looked over the fist-fighting figure body very well.and its pretty darn good.if others have had problems then by all means and go with the ff bode.have fun

Comment

• greensavage2000
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2013

If you're going to display them out of the package, I know with my Fist Fighters they sometimes have problems standing on their own. I think the band inside just goes from one leg to another giving them a tendency to splay open. I had to twirl some of their legs around and around to get the proper tension and position to keep them standing. Some of them were worse than others. Why I don't know.

Comment

• ompiman
                • Dec 10, 2012

Yes I have heard that opiman.i bought that series .and its possible.but again I don't see it.i looked over the fist-fighting figure body very well.and its pretty darn good.if others have had problems then by all means and go with the ff bode.have fun
                Cool thank you for the info

Comment

• ompiman
                  • Dec 10, 2012

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                  If you're going to display them out of the package, I know with my Fist Fighters they sometimes have problems standing on their own. I think the band inside just goes from one leg to another giving them a tendency to splay open. I had to twirl some of their legs around and around to get the proper tension and position to keep them standing. Some of them were worse than others. Why I don't know.

Hmm now thats new to me...thanks for the heads up..is there any video review or pictures that compare between ftc ff and reguler. Ftc wgsh?

Comment

• captact
                    King of Super Queens!
                    • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                    ^^
                    zeedox,

Thank You so much for posting this! I found out my EE order of: FTC - SUPER POWERS wave 1 & 2 are shipped out & to tell the truth I never had a FF Mego as a boy so I have no idea what to expect from these! I'm really excited to hear that the quality of the bodies are improving! Right now MOTUC is winding down w/ 2015 & I was saddened since that was my last Toy line I collected after JLU ended................But,

Since the day FTC made their monumental announcement of their Re-Mego lines being released, I literally felt more excited than I have about anything TOY related since my childhood in the 70s-80s! I literally used to dream about getting MINTY NEW Mego figures like I had in my fondest & earliest memories playing as a toddler-kid. I also used to spend hours daydreaming about the SPELL I could find or the TIME MACHINE I could use to go back to the stores in the 70s (& early 80s) w/ bunches of old 1970's change to buy all the Megos I could w/out raising suspicion that I was from the future. I would even wear 70s clothes to do this in my daydreams! That's how much I thought about this from the time my last Megos broke from relentless play (early 80s), until the FTC announcement.

So FTC has me living a real life DREAM Come True......Literally! So I'm very glad to hear that FTC is not only aware of existing problems w/ their bodies/figures, they are obviously starting to address these issues.....hopefully until they resolve them!

FTC's *DC WGH & Batman 66 lines have me super stoked & my fervent hope is they address & resolve any QC issues that would impede their long term plans to put out the best & most comprehensive Re-Mego line to date!

So again zeedox, Thank You 4 your review on the quality of the FTC DC Super Powers FF bodies & the CONAN bodies as well! It makes me very happy to see a post stating improvements have been made! It makes me feel excited & hopeful for the future as I want a very VERY BIG FTC DC collection!

??? Zeedox, I know the FTC FF bodies are obviously new. The CONAN body is darker complected & therefore newly manufactured w/ better QC (according to Not just you, but pmwasson & another poster too I believe)....................

So my question is: Do you (or anyone here @ the museum) have the FTC: KULL &/or SOLOMON CANE figure & are those bodies also of improved quality like Conan's body?

Thanks 4 the info! I really like hearing a positive post about improved QC on FTC products, especially when some of them are in the mail on their way to me!
                    OMG!!! These are the same thoughts and daydreams I've had!!! Wow!!! An I thought I was the only one having them...AWESOOOOME Ivisiblelad!!!!

Comment

• captact
                      King of Super Queens!
                      • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by ompiman
                      Hi everyone im new at collection ftc..my ftc are only batman n robin 66, so glad i could have them...and now im planning to get a standart re mego batman from original wgsh ftc...this one is a thing that i need to have..to bring back memories of my childhood

So could anyone reccomend to me, is it better to get the ftc ff superpowers batman ? or batman wgsh the mego box editon?....cause those two that i see available on ebay...i only can buy ftc from ebay since i live i indonesia and there are no ftc local sellers

Is the box version still have the same body type and quality as in wgsh series 1? Is the ftc ff have better body type and quality than the wgsh s1?

Thx
                      Hi Ompiman, in my opinion...if I were you,..Id go for the FTC Boxed Batman. 2 reasons; if you want to have something that fondly makes you remember the one you had as a kid...go for the Boxed one,..as the FF Batman doesnt come in a vintage type FF box...and second...Its the closest will will get representing an original.

Comment

• ompiman
                        • Dec 10, 2012

Originally posted by captact
                        Hi Ompiman, in my opinion...if I were you,..Id go for the FTC Boxed Batman. 2 reasons; if you want to have something that fondly makes you remember the one you had as a kid...go for the Boxed one,..as the FF Batman doesnt come in a vintage type FF box...and second...Its the closest will will get representing an original.
                        Hi captact

Yeah i was planning to get the boxed..since the mego that i used to had is the reguler one..not the fist fighter one....but since ive heard many postive review about the ftc ff bodies..and it said wgsh s1 bodies have tendency to have a breakage..makes me considerate to get the ff

Comment

• greensavage2000
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 9, 2013

Hey ompiman I took some pics of mine to show what I meant.
                          Here's my FF Robin. This is the one that I had to really twirl the leg around and around to get the tension increased and the legs from splaying causing him to not be able to stand. I did that with a couple of the others too. I just don't remember now which ones for sure.

He's not to bad now. Here's Batman. I'm holding him so you can see how the legs splay without his weight on them.

Here he is standing once I fiddle with him some.

Here's some of the other FFs standing.

They're not too bad with little bit of fiddling and positioning. It's just if we're​talking the pros and cons of the FF body I felt this was worth mentioning. For the record I've never had a broken FTC body. I know others have.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                            Custom Mego Maker
                            • Jun 3, 2007

Aw yeah!

Comment

• ompiman
                              • Dec 10, 2012

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                              Hey ompiman I took some pics of mine to show what I meant.
                              Here's my FF Robin. This is the one that I had to really twirl the leg around and around to get the tension increased and the legs from splaying causing him to not be able to stand. I did that with a couple of the others too. I just don't remember now which ones for sure.

He's not to bad now. Here's Batman. I'm holding him so you can see how the legs splay without his weight on them.

Here he is standing once I fiddle with him some.

Here's some of the other FFs standing.

They're not too bad with little bit of fiddling and positioning. It's just if we're​talking the pros and cons of the FF body I felt this was worth mentioning. For the record I've never had a broken FTC body. I know others have.
                              Hi greensavage2000

Wow..thx for the photos and info..hahhaa now i m more confused which one to get

Well thanks anyway..really appreciate it

Comment

• ompiman
                                • Dec 10, 2012

Btw is that happen just after you open the box? So while in the box the feet is on normal position?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎