X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Great Quality on Super Powers and Howard stuff

The Fist Fighting bodies are great, the new Conan also great, no probs etc.
    I can see the products are improving a great deal.
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Great to hear that! I keep my figures in card so was wondering if the Fist Fighting feature worked fine and if the figures didn't break when using it...

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

^^
      zeedox,

Thank You so much for posting this! I found out my EE order of: FTC - SUPER POWERS wave 1 & 2 are shipped out & to tell the truth I never had a FF Mego as a boy so I have no idea what to expect from these! I'm really excited to hear that the quality of the bodies are improving! Right now MOTUC is winding down w/ 2015 & I was saddened since that was my last Toy line I collected after JLU ended................But,

Since the day FTC made their monumental announcement of their Re-Mego lines being released, I literally felt more excited than I have about anything TOY related since my childhood in the 70s-80s! I literally used to dream about getting MINTY NEW Mego figures like I had in my fondest & earliest memories playing as a toddler-kid. I also used to spend hours daydreaming about the SPELL I could find or the TIME MACHINE I could use to go back to the stores in the 70s (& early 80s) w/ bunches of old 1970's change to buy all the Megos I could w/out raising suspicion that I was from the future. I would even wear 70s clothes to do this in my daydreams! That's how much I thought about this from the time my last Megos broke from relentless play (early 80s), until the FTC announcement.

So FTC has me living a real life DREAM Come True......Literally! So I'm very glad to hear that FTC is not only aware of existing problems w/ their bodies/figures, they are obviously starting to address these issues.....hopefully until they resolve them!

FTC's *DC WGH & Batman 66 lines have me super stoked & my fervent hope is they address & resolve any QC issues that would impede their long term plans to put out the best & most comprehensive Re-Mego line to date!

So again zeedox, Thank You 4 your review on the quality of the FTC DC Super Powers FF bodies & the CONAN bodies as well! It makes me very happy to see a post stating improvements have been made! It makes me feel excited & hopeful for the future as I want a very VERY BIG FTC DC collection!

??? Zeedox, I know the FTC FF bodies are obviously new. The CONAN body is darker complected & therefore newly manufactured w/ better QC (according to Not just you, but pmwasson & another poster too I believe)....................

So my question is: Do you (or anyone here @ the museum) have the FTC: KULL &/or SOLOMON CANE figure & are those bodies also of improved quality like Conan's body?

Thanks 4 the info! I really like hearing a positive post about improved QC on FTC products, especially when some of them are in the mail on their way to me!
      Last edited by invisiblelad; Nov 15, '14, 7:40 PM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
        Great to hear that! I keep my figures in card so was wondering if the Fist Fighting feature worked fine and if the figures didn't break when using it...
        Boywonder0, I'm truthfully very jealous of your obvious restraint w/ these FTC re-Megos! I really wish so badly I could have your willpower as I end up spending WAY TOO MUCH $$$ & waste WAY TOO Much space w/ my stupid OCD-driven collecting habits! I really do NOT NEED x1 of each to open & x1 MIB, since the MIB figures stay in their factory cases/boxes rather than being displayed. I'm dead serious when I say I need to learn to do 1 or the other, especially since they are in resealable clamshells! I buy x2 or more of all the equally expensive MOTUC toys & Mattel is too selfish to allow collectors the MIB/Loose Toy experience FTC allows w/ their collector friendly clamshell packaging! I'm actually grateful that EMCE did this w/ their re-mego TREK & am grateful FTC is also doing this! Now I just need to learn to have your willpower to pick 1 or the other, MIB or Loose. Not BOTH! So far the FTC FF are the 1st wave I haven't bought x2-4 of.....but that's not a testament to being frugal, I wasn't going to get them at all but EE's BOGO sale made me lose all resolve! lol.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by zeedox
          Love it, glad to hear the fist fighter figures are being well-received.

I can't read the EMCE board because I've apparently been banned there (no idea why, have asked mods they don't know), but I signed out and read the board and saw the pics posted of the Thor and Wolverine figures. It will be interesting to see how these sell, I think the Cap America set looks stellar, but the rest are an easy pass.

Wish FTC had the Marvel license as well, or maybe they could do Pocket Heroes or Comic Action Heroes?

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

so, did ANYBODY buy Solomon Kane? I'm just wanting to know if they fixed the lollypop head, I'd buy him if that issue was corrected.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Good to know the FF bodies work well, because I do intend to use said feature. I've got a place for them where I should be able to easily get to them and make them duke it out whenever I want.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                Permanent Member
                • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by zeedox
                Did you get all of the Fistfighters... Heard a conflicting review of the Fistfighters... Arms were too loose and the costume on Green arrow outfit didn't allow for you to access the fist fighting mechanism... Mine should be here in a few days hope they measure up... Tired of getting let down by these guys...

Comment

• Remco Monster
                  GLOWS in the Dark!
                  • May 3, 2006

I have Green Arrow, and his arms are not loose at all. You can not access the button to make the fist fighting action work when he is wearing his quiver. But there is really no way they could have gotten around that. They did a fantastic job on him.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                    Did you get all of the Fistfighters... Heard a conflicting review of the Fistfighters... Arms were too loose and the costume on Green arrow outfit didn't allow for you to access the fist fighting mechanism... Mine should be here in a few days hope they measure up... Tired of getting let down by these guys...
                    I think we knew that was going to be an issue with Green Arrow's quiver. Just remove it if you want to use the FF feature.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                      THere is a slight problem with the fighter body. Both my Batman and my Riddler came out of the package with only one arm punching. A quick look under the costume showed me that the arms are attahced at the shoulder with a ball and socket type joint, and all you have to do is push the arm in to lock into place properly. Once I did that, both worked just fine. As for GA, you can't reach the lever on his back with the quiver in place, but simply turning him at the waist manually activates the punching feature (better, methinks, than using the lever), so he can punch fine without undressing him.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                        GLOWS in the Dark!
                        • May 3, 2006

The left arm is supposed to "pop out". The fist fighters have always had two options, both arms punching, or just the right arm karate chopping. See back of package for instructions.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                          Mego Dork
                          • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
                          THere is a slight problem with the fighter body. Both my Batman and my Riddler came out of the package with only one arm punching. A quick look under the costume showed me that the arms are attahced at the shoulder with a ball and socket type joint, and all you have to do is push the arm in to lock into place properly. Once I did that, both worked just fine. As for GA, you can't reach the lever on his back with the quiver in place, but simply turning him at the waist manually activates the punching feature (better, methinks, than using the lever), so he can punch fine without undressing him.
                          Negatives keep going away... must make more money to collect 'em all... hurry someone, quick! tell me something evil about these!

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                            The left arm is supposed to "pop out". The fist fighters have always had two options, both arms punching, or just the right arm karate chopping. See back of package for instructions.
                            I have a Y chromosome, so I don't read instructions. It's genetically prohibited.

Actually, this bit of info makes me even more impressed with these figures. The mechanism is even more complicated than I thought, and still works well. THey really did an excellent job on these bodies. And that added feature really allows some characters to emulate their Super Powers counterparts. Robin has his karate chop; a Green Lantern with the feature would have his "ring thrust." If they could tweak the mechamism to emulate the Fonz's arm movement (both going up and down in unison), you've got GA pulling up his bow and Dr. Fate's spell casting.

Sorry, jimssmegos, but I'm having a hard time rooting out any evil with these. They're even better than I thought.

Comment

• mego
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 16, 2012

Who's got some pics to share? I've never held one of these action bodies and am a little confused on exactly how they work. I'm curious!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎