Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megalomaniac001
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

^^^Glad to hear! Especially the part about re-doing some heads. Perhaps that is why we have not seen much from some of the planned upcoming waves? I am perfectly fine waiting a little longer for some of the planned waves if we can get the proper scale on the heads!

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Just imagine what would happen if no one complained... we'd still get too tightly strung big headed heroes ....beyond the one we already have.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

Glad to hear that FTC is redoing some of the heads---that's great news!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
          Just received my Jim Gordon figure and have to say that he sports the best head sculpt rendered by CTVT so far. Right up there with the 66 Romero Joker! His head is also in perfect scale with its body. Top that with well detailed clothing and you have one of the best Re-Mego figures so far. Happy camper here!
          Very interesting feedback on Gordon's head, seeing the same thing on FB, at first people were commenting that it was too big, now most are saying it is fine or perfect.

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

I'm still hoping we will see some of this line used in future Robot Chicken movies.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

Re: Gordon's head, it seems the difference might be that the bulk of the clothing makes it look okay by itself but when placed next to other figures it looks gigantic by comparison. Feedback seems to indicate that most collectors want the new figures to fit in with the old figures, so I'm glad that FTC recognizes the giant noggins are a problem.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                So do you want FTC to listen to its customers, or just the customers that hate the big heads?
                THey could try to please both. I'm fairly certain that making the heads in scale is not going to chase off the folks like yourself that will buy the figures no matter what. They certainly won't lose any business that way (I have yet to see anyone say, "I refuse to buy a figure with a head proportionate to the body"). But they will get people like me to buy more than we are right now, which increases sales and might even be cause for upping production (we know the third wave was produced at lower numbers than the first wave of the Batman figures, and I'd really like to see the production heading in the other direction, other things being equal). THat's why I'm not seeing the seeming resistance to correcting the problem; we know it can be done right, apparently for no more cost than doing it wrong if Korak is an indication, so I can't really see why everyone wouldn't want the figures to be the best they could be to please as many customers as possible. And if FTC is apparenly thinking the same if they are indeed addressing the problem.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 18, 2006

By the time a head is sculpted, molds are made and a cast is in hand to inspect, I would imagine if the head is too big at that point it is too late to correct without spending more money on making new molds and starting over. I wonder if the shrinking is not always consistent from one batch to another. But CTVT has always had some trouble in this area, any head that was a copy of a mego was a tad small, anything newly sculpted was a bit on the large side. Just look at the Space 1999 figures, which use both new and old sculpts and you can see the difference. I think most of the sculpts and likenesses have been great, so I hope the size issue is eventually ironed out.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
                    I'm fairly certain that making the heads in scale is not going to chase off the folks like yourself that will buy the figures no matter what.
                    I won't be buying the figures no matter what. I haven't bought any of the Batman 66 and might not. I will only be buying Tarzan and Conan from their respective ways, and may pass on the Fist Fighters as well. For me, there are other areas I would like FTC to address first, I don't freak out about the size of the heads, they are completely acceptable based on what's been released so far. I think Gordon looks fabulous, in fact the pictures look so good I'm going to order the Early Bird instead of waiting for the carded.

And I'm guessing if FTC could fix the big head issue for no additional expense then they would have.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      And I'm guessing if FTC could fix the big head issue for no additional expense then they would have.
                      If they could make Korak correctly without charging more for him, then it is possible. THey've made all the vintage heads in perfect scale at no extra cost to us. What's causing the big heads, I don't know, but we have incontrovertible proof in their own product that they can do it right and still come in on budget. Heck, it's MORE expensive to make bigger heads, simply because it uses more plastic and paint, so heads in scale should actually save some money in the long run, And, yes, even small amounts like that can make a difference over the long haul when a company looks at production costs. Make a bunch of heads the right size and the money you save on plastic might cover the cost of an additional accessory or piece of clothing here and there. That could be especially important with the kind of figures they are making; look at some of the costuming on the figures like Gordon. Details in the soft goods like that, and what we see in things like the '66 line or Solomon Kane, aren't cheap, and so far we haven't seen FTC cut any corners on that sort of thing.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
                        If they could make Korak correctly without charging more for him, then it is possible. THey've made all the vintage heads in perfect scale at no extra cost to us. What's causing the big heads, I don't know, but we have incontrovertible proof in their own product that they can do it right and still come in on budget. Heck, it's MORE expensive to make bigger heads, simply because it uses more plastic and paint, so heads in scale should actually save some money in the long run, And, yes, even small amounts like that can make a difference over the long haul when a company looks at production costs. Make a bunch of heads the right size and the money you save on plastic might cover the cost of an additional accessory or piece of clothing here and there. That could be especially important with the kind of figures they are making; look at some of the costuming on the figures like Gordon. Details in the soft goods like that, and what we see in things like the '66 line or Solomon Kane, aren't cheap, and so far we haven't seen FTC cut any corners on that sort of thing.
                        I think this post strikes at the heart of the matter: Despite what some here might think they know, no one really understands what FTC is having to deal with in creating these figures and bringing them to market. Obviously the process for making Korak and Alfred or Bizarro must have been different because the results were different.

I think it's fair to say that FTC would like to make the best figures possible. I think it's unfair to try to assume that anyone here knows why figures aren't being made to the meet the criteria of this site by FTC. It's fine to guess, but unless anyone here works for the company, they are just guessing. Just MO.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

I think it's fair to say this thread is now beating a dead horse. All of the valid points have long been made and are just being rehashed and reworded over and over.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

That horse is not actually dead until the size of the heads are actually adjusted. It's the results that will change the tone.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                              That horse is not actually dead until the size of the heads are actually adjusted. It's the results that will change the tone.
                              Complaining about FTC until they act in a way that you want them to do does nothing but aggravate fellow collectors, as well as increase the chance that FTC will tune you out. FTC has heard the complaints about the big heads, they are being addressed. Just chill and let the process run its course.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I dunno, but the outta whack heads have saved me 80 bucks so far.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎