X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickeymoosemego
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 11, 2014

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    I have been avoiding the 2-packs but if they give us a Neal Adams-styled Batman, a Batman/Ras 2-pack with Adams cover art from say Batman 244 could be too good to pass up.
    You can bet the Farm on this!

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

that almost sounded natural... ;-)

Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        I have been avoiding the 2-packs but if they give us a Neal Adams-styled Batman, a Batman/Ras 2-pack with Adams cover art from say Batman 244 could be too good to pass up.

You and me both brother!!
        sigpic

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
          You can bet the Farm on this!
          I'm in!

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

If they are looking to get more bang from the tooling buck, do the regular, classic versions for the standard release, and have shirtless Bats and Ra's as variants (much as they've done with the '66 line). THere's a two pack I'd be hard pressed to pass on.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

FTC-BM-wv4-Jim_Gordon-Early-Bird.jpg

Don't know if this image will post, as I saved the pic from FTC's Facebook page & this pic was uploaded by a customer. I was really excited by pmwasson's FTC Commissioner Gordon pic due to the head seeming to be much more in scale to the majority of the repro re-Mego WGH figures. I thought it appeared smaller than the FTC Jim GORDON prototype pic, but this customer's pic make Gordon's HEAD look much BIGGER & Monstrous looking than Paul's pic. I guess I'll reserve final judgment for when more pics come in.

What I'm worried about is if this Comm. Gordon pic is showing the final production Head scale, then Ras Al Ghul will also have a head w/ a similar scale to his shown FTC prototype. I really am fearing this might continue & literally killing all interest for me going forward. I'm also fearing that FTC's DC lines will be considerably shortened IF they don't resolve this issue ASAP. It is clearly the most common complaint on FTC's Facebook page & obviously here as well. FTC should really figure out how to scale all NEW re-Mego figures to their 70s Mego counterparts. I hope Jim Gordon's head look way larger than reality in this pic (IF it posts that is), but am fearing that it is an accurate depiction of the figure.

When anybody gets Jim GORDON early bird figure, can you take a pic of Comm. Gordon between x2 FTC WGH repros (ex. Superman/Robin/Batman) & in between ALFRED & BIZARRO if you have them as well. Thanks 4 any info as I'll be waiting until the whole wave is ready, but if the HEAS are BIG & out of scale for the repros, I'll at most get x1 of each Wave 4 figure, or SKIP the whole wave. No buying x2-x4 of each Wave if this BIG Head trend continues further. I hope FTC addresses this NOW!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I think that is just a bad pic, its not head on for one thing, look at the angle of the counter he's standing on. Paul's pic is straight in front o the figure.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  I think that is just a bad pic, its not head on for one thing, look at the angle of the counter he's standing on. Paul's pic is straight in front o the figure.
                  I'm SO very much hoping you are right on the $$$ T-Bolt! That's why I LOVE Paul's pics! I'm afraid that if it's even between the size it appears in Paul's pic & this pic.....it's too BIG for me to even consider more than 1, if I don't skip it all together! But that's why I posted this pic here, since it looks so different in this pic taken at this angle. I hope so other megomuseum members get this Early Bird FTC Comm. Gordon fig. & pose it w/ FTC/Mego figs w/ normally scaled heads & then a pic in between FTC's Alfred & Bizarro. After seeing Scott Metzger's FTC Solomon Cane figure w/ the HUGE oversized head that mirrored his prototype, I'm justifiably nervous. I am skipping x2 Kull & x2 Solomon Cane already, but I would be thoroughly saddened & sickened to start skipping ANY FTC DC figures due to HUGE oversized Heads.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

I'll try to take a comparison picture, but I should warn you that I did say the head is a little big, but it doesn't bother me. Real people have heads of various sizes too.
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                      I'll try to take a comparison picture, but I should warn you that I did say the head is a little big, but it doesn't bother me. Real people have heads of various sizes too.
                      Thanks 4 taking the time to even consider comparison shots of Comm. Gordon, let alone actually doing it! You are a GREAT museum member!

As 4 people having the different sized heads, there's this old ridiculously obnoxious but super funny Nick show called "Drake & Josh", & there are MANY episodes where jokes are made about Josh's (Josh Peck) HUGE oversized Head! It's actually very funny because it's so obviously TRUE that it was repeatedly written into the show. Here's the thing fr me personally (my head is a lil big too), when playing w/ toys I actually don't expect or want them to illustrate or mirror real life......I want them to be Toys w/ similar scale despite being non-representative of actual living humans. But as a toddler who loved my Megos, I don't remember realizing how BIG Lt. Uhura's head was, I was just ecstatic when I got brought to the Mall's Toy store & my Daddy bought her for me to add to my brother's Mego Trek collection! I only remember thinking Daisy Dukes head was big, but not something I ever fixated about after getting her initially. Thanks 4 your pics BTW, I always appreciate them & the time you spend taking & posting them!

Comment

• Mego Milk
                        Custom Mego Maker
                        • Jun 3, 2007

aw yeah giant head.

still.

just ordered one.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 29, 2007

^^^Hahahaha! Well stated! I'll rather have the big noggin Gordon figure than the non produced, non manufactured Gordon figure with perfectly scaled head...^^^

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, I guess we're just going to have to accept that the FTC Figures live on Earth Big Head in the DC multiverse.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 27, 2007

The good thing about it is that it'll fit in nicely with all the other Big Head figures.

And from that picture, it doesn't look like it'll hold a candle to the Charter Member of the Big Head Hall of Fame: Apollo.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
                                THe only people with heads that big most likely have some serious medical condition causing it. The oversized heads we've seen are about 25% too big, at least (given that they are pretty much in scale when compared to a 9.5-10 inch figure, but even there a tad on the big side). I realize some folks are just glad to have a Gordon period, but this is becoming a chronic problem I see no solid evidence is being addressed. For me, it means FTC gets one sale when they would have gotten multiple sales for a figure with a normal head. Same with Solomon Kane; the head sculpt is great, the dour expression would fit a lot of characters, and I would have bought a few, at least, for custom fodder if it was the right size. Gordon has similar potential, as a well done older man. So this is a major factor in my own purchasing, and a big problem from my viewpoint. I would definitely have grabbed at least one early bird had the figure been done right, and, aside from this one, single problem, it was. Instantly recognizable as a comic based Gordon, great head sculpt, costume exactly as it should be, classic Mego styling comparing well with their better figures. If the head size was normal, it would have been a top notch figure I'd be slobbering over. It is SO close to perfect, it's frustrating that a single, recurring mistake ruins it and other figures.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎