Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

He looks fantastic. Looks like he stepped right out of an 80's comicbook.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

the head looks to be more in scale.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        the head looks to be more in scale.
        ^^^ Agree! DEF looks smaller than his original prototype! But w/ the FTC/CTVT website pics I can never tell what I'm seeing. I hope we are right since it looks definitely more in scale, but I hope its not near BIZARRO or ALFRED sized!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          He looks fantastic. Looks like he stepped right out of an 80's comicbook.
          Agreed. We can always pick nits but I think he looks great, won't order the loose version but will be all over the carded. Cannot wait for Batman Wave 4, could be the best wave yet!

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Is this the first time FTC has offered Gordon? I wasn't sure if they put him up for a pre-order earlier.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

NO Chris, FTC or CTVT has not put up pre-orders for WGH: Batman retro wave 4, as far as I've seen! So this figure is being sold as an EARLY Bird loose (bagged) figure before FTC has even solicited Pre-Orders for any of the x4 Batman Wave 4 figures.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                NO Chris, FTC or CTVT has not put up pre-orders for WGH: Batman retro wave 4, as far as I've seen! So this figure is being sold as an EARLY Bird loose (bagged) figure before FTC has even solicited Pre-Orders for any of the x4 Batman Wave 4 figures.
                Thank you! I honestly lose track of my pre-orders and didn't want two by accident.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

I could not resist getting this figure early,looking forward to series #4, cant wait to see this new re-imagined Batman.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by tllgn
                    I could not resist getting this figure early,looking forward to series #4, cant wait to see this new re-imagined Batman.
                    I have been avoiding the 2-packs but if they give us a Neal Adams-styled Batman, a Batman/Ras 2-pack with Adams cover art from say Batman 244 could be too good to pass up.

Comment

• nubee
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      I have been avoiding the 2-packs but if they give us a Neal Adams-styled Batman, a Batman/Ras 2-pack with Adams cover art from say Batman 244 could be too good to pass up.

I think that will sell like hot cakes and bring in a lot of new mego fans.

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

I got my Gordon today and think he looks great. He came in a resealable plastic bag with a FTC early-bird sticker on it. I just had time to take a quick picture:

+ The sculpt looks great
                        + The suit looks great
                        o The head is slightly big, but doesn't bother me
                        - The body seems strung too tight (maybe they used old stock)
                        - The glasses were stuck on the head with a lot of rubber-cement type glue that made the whole side of his head sticky

I cleaned off the head the best I could to get the glue off but it still feels a little sticky.
                        Last edited by pmwasson; Nov 18, '14, 5:51 PM.
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• megomania
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by pmwasson
                          I got my Gordon today and think he looks great. He came in a resealable plastic bag with a FTC early-bird sticker on it. I just had time to take a quick picture: + The sculpt looks great + The suit looks great o The head is slightly big, but doesn't bother me - The body seems strung too tight (maybe they used old stock) - The glass were stuck on the head with a lot of rubber-cement type glue that made the whole side of his head sticky I cleaned off the head the best I could to get the glue off but it still feels a little sticky.
                          Looks like an old guy in an overcoat :/

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            I got my Gordon today and think he looks great. He came in a resealable plastic bag with a FTC early-bird sticker on it. I just had time to take a quick picture:

+ The sculpt looks great
                            + The suit looks great
                            o The head is slightly big, but doesn't bother me
                            - The body seems strung too tight (maybe they used old stock)
                            - The glass were stuck on the head with a lot of rubber-cement type glue that made the whole side of his head sticky

I cleaned off the head the best I could to get the glue off but it still feels a little sticky.
                            He looks sharp. Does he have any type of gun holster on underneath his overcoat?

Comment

• scott metzger
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 9, 2007

I'm tempted to go for the early bird, but honestly, I'm only getting one of these because of the head size. It'll be much easier to just order the whole set when it comes up. Too bad, too; with the glasses removable, this would have been a great head for some customs, what with the sculpt being so good.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                                Radioactive!
                                • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the quick picture and review!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎