• Mar 9, 2007

Big Heads,
    Big Heads,
    Roly-poly Big Heads,
    Big Heads,
    Big Heads,
    Eat Them Up, Yum!

Gotta love Barnes and Barnes
    Last edited by mikeoz; Nov 26, '14, 1:21 PM.
    Looking for:
    Lincoln Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      Complaining about FTC until they act in a way that you want them to do does nothing but aggravate fellow collectors, as well as increase the chance that FTC will tune you out. FTC has heard the complaints about the big heads, they are being addressed. Just chill and let the process run its course.
      If I were you I wouldn't lecture anyone about aggrivating fellow collectors or having people tune you out.
      Part of the process is customer feedback, positive and negative, so you are the one that needs to chill.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        I dunno, but the outta whack heads have saved me 80 bucks so far.
        How 'bout it Joe? I had my finger on the trigger to buy a Bizarro, until I saw the giant balloon head. He looks really stupid.
        The same goes for Gordon and Alfred. I am a Batman collector, and a Mego fan, but I wouldn't buy any of these balloon heads.
        They look ridiculous!
        I won't believe FTC will fix this issue, until I see it happen. People are buying these figures, so why should they fix them.
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I was in for Bizarro and Kane for sure and maybe Gordon, but the production pics killed it for me. Solomon Kane might be the first one that has really gotten the cold shoulder by customers too. FTC has had this problem from the get go with other lines: 1999 and MWC for sure.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
            Complaining about FTC until they act in a way that you want them to do does nothing but aggravate fellow collectors, as well as increase the chance that FTC will tune you out. FTC has heard the complaints about the big heads, they are being addressed. Just chill and let the process run its course.
            Actually, in prcatice, the exact opposite is usually true. Toy companies have a tendancy to ignore issues unless the fans are constantly reminding them, and sometimes even that doesn't effect change (ask anyone who collects Masters of the Universe Classics how well Mattel, the world's largest toy company, has addressed some problems that existed from the first figure they made). As for the problem being addressed, we have no evidence that that is true until we actually see it. BBP touted that their Steve Austin in space suit would have a properly scaled head unlike the original version; the final product had a noggin just as big as the first one. Simply because someone says they are doing something means nothing until we actually see a change. Show me Jayna's properly scaled head on a female body, and I'll gladly praise FTC for listening to it's fans and delivering on their promises. Given that this is a problem they have had for well over a decade, though, people have a reason to be a bit skeptical at this point. As customers, the people paying FTC's bills, we have the right to voice our displeasure on things we want changed, and to continue to do so until we see an actual change, not just "we're working on it."

I want to believe FTC, and they did seem to address the bodies being strung too tightly after the first Batwave. But we haven't seen them address the mis-assembled female bodies (and I dare anyone to show me a picture of someone with a neck that short not suffering from some congenital problem or named "Moose") as yet. Have they even said they were looking into that? I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt here, but we've got a mixed record to go by so far. Then again, they show me a Mego Green Lantern and Flash with properly scaled heads, and all will likely be forgiven.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^ I fully believe that the head issues with BSG and SMDM killed both lines.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

I dunno, but the outta whack heads have saved me 80 bucks so far.
                I know for 100% certainty I have stayed away from;Alfred,gordon,bizarro,kull,Kane and stooges.
                All due to their oversized heads.I would actually estimate my savings to be closer to $210 or their lost revenues of $210.
                Now my $210 is peanuts to them but if just ten people feel the same that number begins to grow into $2100 so on and so on.
                Do I hear $210,000??? No,maybe?
                Have they said they are addressing it? yes,do results show that? no,so far product is still on the gigantic noggin size.
                I think I've chilled enough.
                Add to that figures are now showing prices of $30 and the issue has not been resolved.
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

the only 30 dollar price tags are Conan and Fist fighters. Stooges still at 25 and the next Batman 66 Wave. The Stooges look better scale wise, but the line has no appeal to me.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

^^ I fully believe that the head issues with BSG and SMDM killed both lines.

^^^ AGREE 100%. I ONLY bought the SMDM figs at blow out prices because my Nephews don't care as much about the Gigantic HEADS!

FTC: It's just this simple; If you are doing an extension of the Beloved *MEGO Toys of our youth, *MAKE the NEW figures' HEADS in SCALE to their Mego WGSH counterparts. Problem SOLVED.

PSA: FTC/BBP, *It's 10pm, Do You Know How BIG your Toys' HEADS are? *"BIG HEADS, KILL......Toy lines that is."
                    Last edited by invisiblelad; Dec 5, '14, 9:26 PM.

Comment

• megodarryl
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 31, 2006

I got mine today and really like him- but I'm putting him on a type 1 Trek body, with a CTVT black suit. The size doesn't bother me as much with Gordon as it did with Alfred.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

Do we have a confirmation on what other figures will be in his wave? And when it will be released?

I'm eager to see Ras and Scarecrow in costume. And I'm hoping that they will roll out another Batman, I'm eager to see what the sculpt looks like as well as what changes they make to his costume. Hoping the cape is done more like the 66 Batman instead of the simple ones that were part of the original Mego lines.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Ivaniski
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 24, 2007

I agree 100% with you guys Thunderbolt and fallensaviour..... And my message to FTC is as follows, Scale down your balloon heads or you might suffer the same fate as with the SMDM + BSG line. I believe i saved about $1000 or more so far...in not ordering Bizarro,Gordon and others with Disproportionate heads (they just look plain stupid). I usually purchase multiple FTC Superhero action figures and donate them to my daughter's (she's a teacher) elementary school and/or other children base institutions.

OMG! This is a NghtMare!!! The sculpt is beautiful. However, the head is "Gargantuanly" BIG. My "Multiple Order" wallet is closed until changes are made. These are not suppose to be "Thunderbirds" 1960's TV show figures...See further pictures below.

Unless you're trying to achieve an 8'' FTC WGSH version of the Thunderbirds.........

Last edited by Ivaniski; Dec 11, '14, 2:51 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

lol Gerry Anderson's World's Greatest Heroes.

Somehow I doubt FTC is paying Sylvia royalties.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎