X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
    If the upcoming EMCE/DST suffer from the same issues, then we'll know it's the factories or rubber in use. I say that because Doc, like CAWZica just showed, they acknowledge Quality Control. If FTC did that, a lot of the complaints would subside.
    They all use different factories, so this situation is uniquely FTCs.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      Bingo. And since the 'I hate them damn big heads and aint buyin' another one till FTC fixes it' crowd seems to be in the minority.....
      I don't know how we could know which group is a minority based on just who is vocalizing here on the board. I would say that if FTC decides to fix the big head issue, then at least to them based on the effect on their sales, that group might not be a minority. If FTC decides to ignore the complaints and keeps making giant enormous heads ... either that group is a minority and not really effecting their sales or FTC is not paying attention or they don't care.

Either way the big head issue as well as any other QC issue like the arms sucked into the torsos and the female neck issue will lower their sales, it has to if some decide not to buy because of the issues. I for one started out buying all of them and have now reduced down to buying maybe one figure per wave, if that. I am sure I am not alone.

They say where there is smoke there is fire, I've seen some smoke in the "I am tired of people trying to rip off my company" response to a customer complaint about a product. I see some smoke in releasing 2 packs before single figures, releasing 'exclusives' which are the same figures with a cheap accessory, I see some smoke in the early bird superman figure, I see some smoke with the 'exclusive' bagged Gordon being priced as high as a packaged figure. All this smoke tells me they are trying to get creative on ways to get more money out of the product than they have been getting lately. It leads me to believe that sales have dipped and these are responses to that. Of course it's speculation, but companies don't do this sort of stuff for no reason. If you produce a quality product, the product will move and sell out. If your quality is lacking, or your sales dip, you offer deals and stuff to get people to buy.

I think the first few series sold out well, but then word spread of the quality issues with bodies and the heads and sales dipped and thats why we see the change in strategies. I know for sure some comic shops dropped the lines after the first couple series of Batman. Granted, they may have addressed the quality issues with a lag time so they might not show up for a few serieses, but in the meantime they may be feeling the effects of lower sales.
      Last edited by jayraytee; Nov 20, '14, 2:15 PM.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

ThePlayerWhoDespertlyWantsToBeOnTheOtherSideToMake Drama has NO proof the "BIG HEAD" complainers are the minority. *On FTC's Facebook page, about 50% of the comments on NEW Prototypes are complaints directly related to the BIG Head Size on many New FTC prototypes: ex. Alfred/Bizarro/Ras Al Ghul/Jayna/Solon Cane.

ThePlayer also suggested I was only stating that I'll only buy x1 FTC Comm. Gordon (or Skip him) due to his BIG out of scale HEAD, to covertly mention he has a BIG Head. That's laughable because I'm NOT a passive-aggressive personality, like at all. I'm only blocked by ThePlayer due to me using his own words & posts here to provide evidence of his MANY examples of goading, belittling, & condescending to other members here w/ differing opinions. He did not like the fact that I openly challenged him to explain how so many of his comments & posts were not only negative to & dismissive of other members, but that I also posted proof that his attacks were always disguised in thinly veiled passive-aggressive lil comments he thought we wouldn't understand. The LAST post that got me blocked not only questioned many of his posts (which I quoted), but when he made fun of my inferior writing skills I kinda retaliated. Although I should of ignored his attack, I responded by telling him I googled his book & his image as it's author & I suggested we post side-by-side current pics so he can feel better about his obviously superior writing skills, & I could SO MUCH better about my appearance. He didn't like that much. Go figure. ThePlayer tends to get upset by people complaining about FTC's BIG HEADS.....Hmmmm, I wonder if there's a connection there?

Now I'm going to try to find a support group for people like me, cruelly blocked by ThePlayer. At 1st revenge was on the agenda. I kept practicing my "I Will NOT Be IGNORED ThePlayer!" & my pet bunny boiling procedures ('Fatal Attraction').....but now I'm in a better place & have moved on from that dark place. Hope keeps me alive! Hope that ThePlayer will one day unblock me. Until that day ThePlayer kindly removes me from his "BLOCKED" list, I'll just smile through the pain. It's NOT easy carrying this burden. It's NOT easy being me.
        Last edited by invisiblelad; Nov 20, '14, 3:18 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Strangely, Player ended up making my original point.

In his response, he said that the 'I hate them damn big heads and aint buyin' another one till FTC fixes it' crowd is in the minority. That minority is vs. the 'I hate them damn big heads and I'm buying it anyway' crowd. Or better said, the 'I'm buying them anyway' crowd.

That may well be true.

So if collectors are still buying them despite "fill in the complaint", then things likely won't change.

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

still.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Mego Milk
              still.
              HAHA!! Fair enough.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

True, but if customers that were buying 2-4 of ALL FTC new Mego-repros & are now getting only 1, or skipping it entirely, FTC will still feel it where it counts, FTC's overall sales. The diehard collectors reducing FTC DC/WGH sales from x2-4 of each character; to 0-1 of each NEW Big HEADED FTC figure, will impact them. Plus there are PLENTY of posters on FTC's Facebook page continually reiterating thie dislike for FTC's BIG HEADED figures & state that they would LOVE to buy them if they weren't inflicted with this unfortunate scale problem (aka BIG HEADS).

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  Strangely, Player ended up making my original point.

In his response, he said that the 'I hate them damn big heads and aint buyin' another one till FTC fixes it' crowd is in the minority. That minority is vs. the 'I hate them damn big heads and I'm buying it anyway' crowd. Or better said, the 'I'm buying them anyway' crowd.

That may well be true.

So if collectors are still buying them despite "fill in the complaint", then things likely won't change.
                  There's more than two groups IMO.

1 - I hate them damn big heads and aint buying another one till FTC fixes it - Minority IMO

2 - I dislike the big headed figures but am hopeful that they will fix them. If they don't, I may stop buying them in the future.

3 - Meh, I think some of the heads are too big but it's not really a BIG deal to me.

4 - I think the figures look fine and have no idea why some are complaining. - Minority IMO

My guess is most customers are either in group #2 or #3 (I'm in group #3). IOW the majority of the people are going to buy the figures even if some of the heads are too big. There are likely other issues they see with the figures, but they keep buying them anyway despite those issues as well.

Group #1 can't understand why FTC doesn't drop everything and listen to them before the company goes bankrupt, but then again the vocal minority tends to get just as upset about any issue where they are the vocal minority.

Just MO. As I said there are other issues I'd personally rather see them tackle before the big heads, but that's why I'm in group #3.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                    Radioactive!
                    • Feb 13, 2010

Yeah, it's not that cut and dried. Personally, I've bought every FTC DC Comics figure with the exception of Alfred, Gordon, and Bizarro. I'll continue to buy the ones that are in scale and I'll continue to pass on the ones with the giant heads. I hope they fix the scale issue with the DC Comics figures, but if they don't I just won't buy them. I am looking forward to Korak, though: hopefully the production piece will look as nice as the prototype.

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

Despite the big head, the Gordon figure is worth getting to me because of the clothes. I don't sew well and can't commission similar clothing for that price. There are other Gordon Heads out there that I can use with the clothes.

If the head weren't so big, I probably buy more than one like I have with the Ceasar Romero Joker. I've kept one intact and used two others for a Nicholson Joker and an Adams Joker with custom heads.

I do like the Gordon Sculpt. Maybe someone will cast shrinks of some of FTC's nicer sculpts.

I still have hopes for a nice Hawkman figure and the Teen Titans, but we'll see.

Before the product started showing up, I was all in on all the figures, but now, it's wait and see.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

I guess I am in the "I dislike the big headed figures but am hopeful that they will fix them. If they don't, I may stop buying them in the future." category. I really hope that FTC can develop better QC on the heads. It seams like it should be easy - "here is Superman's head, if its too much bigger or smaller than this - fix it!" But the truth is it is much more complicated than that - just ask CastAWay/Zica how hard it is dealing with factories in China! One thing that has me still wanting to buy these is the scale of the head does not look too bad on Alfred or Gordon because they have layers of clothes. I didn't like Bizarro much because his costume did not naturally 'hide' his noggin! If FTC does not fix the problem soon, I fear that sales will slump - I know I gave up on 6MDM and Galactica figures after I saw the first waves!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                          I guess I am in the "I dislike the big headed figures but am hopeful that they will fix them. If they don't, I may stop buying them in the future." category. I really hope that FTC can develop better QC on the heads. It seams like it should be easy - "here is Superman's head, if its too much bigger or smaller than this - fix it!" But the truth is it is much more complicated than that - just ask CastAWay/Zica how hard it is dealing with factories in China! One thing that has me still wanting to buy these is the scale of the head does not look too bad on Alfred or Gordon because they have layers of clothes. I didn't like Bizarro much because his costume did not naturally 'hide' his noggin! If FTC does not fix the problem soon, I fear that sales will slump - I know I gave up on 6MDM and Galactica figures after I saw the first waves!
                          It will be very interesting to see how they handle the heads on main characters like Flash, Green Lantern and Hawkman. I think a lot of collectors will be less forgiving about a big head on major characters than they were on supporting characters like Jim and Alfred.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

I really prefer the heads to be in the same scale as the original mego figures. This will definitely keep the FTC figures in the "pick and choose" category instead of the "collect them all" category.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Boywonder0
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 29, 2007

Just received my Jim Gordon figure and have to say that he sports the best head sculpt rendered by CTVT so far. Right up there with the 66 Romero Joker! His head is also in perfect scale with its body. Top that with well detailed clothing and you have one of the best Re-Mego figures so far. Happy camper here!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School
                                • Feb 14, 2008

In case you missed my other post. FTC is well aware of the head issue and is correcting it. They are actually re-doing several heads before releasing them. They are reacting to the issue and fixing it.
                                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎