Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Jim Gordon 'early bird' figure listed on FTC's site

No pic yet, for Batman Wave 4. 'In factory bag'
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Is this available now? Or is this a pre-order? Very confused about this.....

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I'm not sure, but I ordered one to see what happens.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

Looking forward to seeing some pics---hope FTC has fixed the giant head syndrome.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I'm not crazy about the price being the same if the figure only comes in a bag. I always felt that price covered the cost of the backer card and re-sealable clamshell. There's no incentive to buy it loose when you can get it sealed with a protective case and artwork a short time later.

Comment

• rjm118
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 25, 2012

They are getting a little ridiculous IMO, same price and its in a bag?!?!?

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Well, I got a shipping notice, so I'll see soon and post pictures. (I ordered it from the CTVT website since I had some other custom stuff to order and wanted to combine the shipping.)
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                Well, I got a shipping notice, so I'll see soon and post pictures. (I ordered it from the CTVT website since I had some other custom stuff to order and wanted to combine the shipping.)
                Can't wait to see your pics! Your pics come out so AWESOME & in comparison to FTC/CTVT websites, by far show the actual FTC product much more accurately! I look forward to these pics & am hoping this was the 1st head FTC addressed once they announced they were working on their heads' scale problem! I'm really hoping they pull it off!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

Bat_Retro_EB_CommissionerGordon.jpg

CTVT has added a pic of their Early Bird COMMISSIONER GORDON
                  figure & it does NOT state that it is a prototype pic on the image as far as I can see. I still will rely on pmwasson's pics to reserve any judgement since his are so much better than CTVT/FTC's pics are for showing the product. I think it might actually be the figure since it looks like a final production pic & it appears the head is slightly smaller. In this pic the head is smaller by a little I think. Personally I hope it's a prototype & the actual product's head will be revealed to be reduced more considerably! I can't wait for the pics.......Oh wait, I said that already a few times! I'm pulling for FTC, as I want many more years worth of DC products!

EDIT: I tried to add the image here & the image uploader says the files too big apparently.
                  **I couldn't upload the image once I clicked on the enlarged image, this was all I was able to do w/ my very limited knowledge of this stuff. So I'm very Sorry!
                  Last edited by invisiblelad; Nov 14, '14, 3:23 PM.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

The figure does look very cool! I'll probably still wait until it comes out with a backer board and clam shell. But it looks great IMO.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by MIB41
                      I'm not crazy about the price being the same if the figure only comes in a bag. I always felt that price covered the cost of the backer card and re-sealable clamshell. There's no incentive to buy it loose when you can get it sealed with a protective case and artwork a short time later.
                      Agreed, there should be at least a nominal discount for a loose figure. A $19.99-$21.99 price tag makes sense if you consider it will be a bit cheaper to ship. I applaud them for trying new angles with how they release the figures but I don't see this selling too well at the same price point.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

It will be cheaper for them to ship, not for you to get with the shipping scales that they use.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 16, 2012

Is it just me, or do the glasses seem far too large? They don't seem to fit on his face correctly.
                          FTC should really present their work more professionally. The quality of the photography is very very poor.
                          It doesn't do their products justice.

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]13239[/ATTACH]

CTVT has added a pic of their Early Bird COMMISSIONER GORDON
                            figure .... EDIT: I tried to add the image here & the image uploader says the files too big apparently.
                            **I couldn't upload the image once I clicked on the enlarged image, this was all I was able to do w/ my very limited knowledge of this stuff. So I'm very Sorry!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Thank You Very Much 4 posting the larger pic Comic Mike!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎