Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got new released or Pre-order NECA Planet of the Apes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

As much as I love the Apes we have gotten so far and the ones that are hopefully coming in series 4 I think it would be strong sales potential to have a Taylor and Nova for series 5. We really need at least these two humans before the line ends. I will do and already have been doing all I can to support the line. This is my favorite current toy line in this scale.

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

I agree that at the very least they probably should do a 7" scale Taylor, he is *the* main human protagonist of PLANET... Nova would be cool too, but in a way I prefer the line stay heavy on the simians... It is Planet of the Apes after all

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
      As much as I love the Apes we have gotten so far and the ones that are hopefully coming in series 4 I think it would be strong sales potential to have a Taylor and Nova for series 5. We really need at least these two humans before the line ends. I will do and already have been doing all I can to support the line. This is my favorite current toy line in this scale.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

General Aldo, proper: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...996736/photo/1

… as much as we all want 'em, it was mentioned months ago that humans are not in any foreseeable plans. They are going APE! at Neca.

----------

FB NECAAPES:

Series 1 of NECA's Classic Apes line is starting to move into clearance pricing at Toys R Us. While this may sound great to everyone wanting to pick up figures at a lower price... It isn't all that great for the health of the line. Randy had this to say about it on twitter:

"Apes being marked down shows you the struggle of keeping a line alive at retail. Series 3 will happen no matter what though. You'll see some of what we have in store for the future at Toy Fair. We may need to use alternative methods but we will do all that we can to keep the line going & growing the Ape collection. You know how personally invested I am..."
        Last edited by Confessional; Feb 26, '15, 9:47 AM. Reason: …together, Apes strong.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Oh wow. That looks excellent!

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Aldo looks great...

Originally posted by Confessional

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Here's a link showing different photos of the Series 3 APES figures... In his write-up, the author also says what Confessional's recent posts have been saying: The future series releases are depending on the sales of Series 3...

Including offerings from WizKids! Planet of the Apes! Christopher Reeve Superman! DeVito Penguin! HEROCLIX!

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

Caesar, proper: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...486848/photo/1

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

To me, it doesn't sound very good for Series 3...

One poster says: “@NecaApes: @jmaquila Be great if it was before #ApesDay !”

To which this is replied: "It won't be. Most likely cons only & limited shared retail during sdcc. TBD"

So, now is the March 8th date off and we'll only be seeing these newest figures during conventions? That's BS if that's the case... You know how many conventions are held where I live: None, so it appears unless there's some way I could possibly get my local comic store to order these I'm gonna be out of luck... If these only get limited convention exposure, I'd say it's all over for the APES... I mean how can you get sales if you're limiting your exposure to a small niche such as SDCC? I mean yeah, SDCC is a major show, not saying it isn't, but do they really expect convention goers to boost sales of the newest figure thru the roof? I do not see that happening... Series 4's future is seeming bleaker now... I hope I'm wrong, and that Series 3 will be pretty accessible to non-convention attendees, but I don't know...

Last edited by apes3978; Mar 3, '15, 11:58 AM. Reason: added to post

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

^^ It's been stated S3C will happen no matter what; S4 & 5 are TBD. Forgive me in advance for the lengthy reply… the "Post Quick Reply" button mocks me again!

The question is will TRU still be in the mix… I'm unaware of any other retail outlet in their distribution chain, but perhaps there are others. I started a thread a while back about the strange and inconsistent NECA stocking/tending at TRU, as it was obvious to me that if this was the level of support they had on location, it's flawed. I think others with expertise/industry knowledge confirmed this was business as usual at TRU.

If you watch the vids and read the feeds, Randy has been consistent in their position. FFS, he must be getting sick of answering the same questions every day.

In short, the retail outlets have had the weakest sales in comparison to everywhere else they distribute/sell. I get the sense the initial TRU buy-in was large and that product isn't selling quick enough to drive re-orders like they'd hoped. I've seen the online outlets sell out of both pre-orders and stock, and have been periodically re-stocking… that's good news, but I think it's clear those case orders are much smaller than the TRU orders were/are.

NECA is saying they will still sell direct (via Ebay and Amazon), maybe continue online through BBTS, EE, etc., and at the events they attend. They are also hinting at another exclusive, perhaps like the previous Target Soldier Ape or the TRU Soldier 2 Pack, in a non-retail outlet to help stimulate sales, such as SDCC. It's not all doom and gloom, but the reality is that they need to close out a series to make the next happen… living and dying on Aldo's sword of ape fandom.

March 8th is a fan organized effort, and not created by NECA. If I follow, the intent is to walk into TRU across the country and buy out the remaining scattered stock they have on the shelves en mass (as in a *poof!* now you see it, now you don't kinda thing), hence sending the message that retail is still a viable outlet for POTA product. It's an interesting idea, but who knows what if any reaction TRU will have. From the comments folks here in the MM community have kindly shared, TRU is mess regardless. That said, Army building is fun!

… oh! and thenecastore is selling the 8" Soldier this morning. A few bucks more than the pre-orders at BBTS and EE, but if you want one fast they're shipping this week.
                    Last edited by Confessional; Mar 6, '15, 7:32 PM. Reason: … Ape shall buy Ape!

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

This link contains some discounts relating to Apes Day:

… ah!, and tracking intel says I'm coming home to Purple Soldier today. Neca has some megafast S/H on these. Taylor is going down!
                      Last edited by Confessional; Mar 6, '15, 7:35 PM. Reason: … Experimental brain surgery on these creatures is one thing, and I'm all in favor of it.

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

These were posted on a different egroup I belong to:

Comment

• Confessional
                          Maker & Whatnot
                          • Aug 8, 2012

Monkey Mondays bring goodness:

Aldo test shot: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...374720/photo/1

Conquest Gorilla test shot: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...242881/photo/1

Oh, and a week or so ago mention that if the line makes it into 2016, we might just see some humans.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 28, 2013

Monkey Mondays bring goodness:

Aldo test shot: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...374720/photo/1

Conquest Gorilla test shot: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...242881/photo/1

Oh, and a week or so ago mention that if the line makes it into 2016, we might just see some humans.
                            Holy smokes, they both look fantastic. Those face sculpts are unreal.

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

Yes, they did a good job on both of them...

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Holy smokes, they both look fantastic. Those face sculpts are unreal.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 22, 2011

From what I have read on other forums it looks like Apes Day was a big success. I am really looking forward to the upcoming 7 inch waves and hopefully more 8 inch.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎