Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got new released or Pre-order NECA Planet of the Apes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

Last wknd I saw Zira at FYE. She looked great. IMO this wave is better than the last one. If they are still on the shelf I hope to pick them up at an after x-mas sale.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by apes3978
      I made it to TRU on Monday night and they had the second series in stock... There were three different pegs, each with the figures name on the end: They had the Gorilla 2 pack, an Ursus peg and a Zaius peg, not a Zira in sight... If they didn't short-pack these, then Ursus was by far the biggest seller (I got the last one), there were maybe five of the Gorilla 2 pack and one complete peg of the new Zaius figure... Since TRU didn't have Zira, I guess I'll have to check the local comic shop to see what he has in stock... He charged $22.99 per figure for the first series, and I'd guess he'll be pricing the new ones the same way, so they're $4.00 more than TRU: But, since it would cost that much to get a figure shipped, I might as well just buy it locally (if possible) and cut out the middle man...

They had ZERO in the way of the "DAWN/POTA" figures in stock, but they did have a fair amount of Godzilla as mentioned in the thread I quoted for this post...
      I made it to the local comic shop and they had *zero* in the way of Series/Wave Two figures... All they had were a couple of the first release of Zaius and the Gorilla Soldier... It was near closing time and I never seen the guy working before so I didn't ask if they could order Zira for me... If the owner was in, I would have, but since the new guy might not be able to order for customers, I passed on it this time around... I'm gonna check TRU again to see if they have Zira in stock now, otherwise I guess it's off to eBay unless someone knows a cheaper source for them?

Comment

• toysrus
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 23, 2007

How far is Neca going with the POTA series? Each movie? I'm hoping they make the mutants, TV series and much more!

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by toysrus
          How far is Neca going with the POTA series? Each movie? I'm hoping they make the mutants, TV series and much more!
          I'm not sure how far they're going to go with it: I would guess some of it depends on how long they have the license and also how well these first ones are selling for them (which I'm guessing, at least from what I'm seeing here on this board, is pretty good)...

I don't recall where it was mentioned, but I read where they're planning on doing the three "ranking" Gorillas from the TV series this year (those Gorillas being the ones with the striped tunics, Captain, Sgt., and Lt.)

Comment

• toysrus
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 23, 2007

Thanks! Thats cool. I'm really hoping they move fast on these before the license is up. A Brent & Nova figure is needed!

I'm not sure how far they're going to go with it: I would guess some of it depends on how long they have the license and also how well these first ones are selling for them (which I'm guessing, at least from what I'm seeing here on this board, is pretty good)...

I don't recall where it was mentioned, but I read where they're planning on doing the three "ranking" Gorillas from the TV series this year (those Gorillas being the ones with the striped tunics, Captain, Sgt., and Lt.)

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

NECA would love to go deeper and further than anyone has, have a bunch of working protos, but the sales will determine all. There was some Twitter discussion [sic] on this topic a while back which confirmed there will be no Dawn Series 3 and that the Classic Series has been the top seller. Randy also mentioned recently that NECA had no preference or advantage in consideration or pre-orders vs. online or retail purchases, meaning they are not determining production on pre-orders, but rather total sales in all outlets.

In short, if you like them, buy them, because it's not going to last forever but they are taking the license for one hell of a ride while they can.

Classic Series 3 looks to be Caesar, Conquest Gorilla and maybe Julius. The TV Soldier pack looks to be close behind, as well as Aldo. Don't be shy, buy an Ape!

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional
                Classic Series 3 looks to be Caesar, Conquest Gorilla and maybe Julius. The TV Soldier pack looks to be close behind, as well as Aldo. Don't be shy, buy an Ape!
                Confessional,

I don't Twitter (or Facebook for that matter), so I missed out on the coversation you're referring to in your post... That said, do you recall any (tenative) release date(s) being mentioned for Series 3 and/or the TV series pack?

Thanks for any info you can provide...

Comment

• kerowack
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 27, 2008

Series three is March or April.

Comment

• toysrus
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 23, 2007

I'm kinda surprised a Nova, Brent & Mutant weren't released before Caesar, Conquest Gorilla and maybe Julius?

Originally posted by Confessional
                    NECA would love to go deeper and further than anyone has, have a bunch of working protos, but the sales will determine all. There was some Twitter discussion [sic] on this topic a while back which confirmed there will be no Dawn Series 3 and that the Classic Series has been the top seller. Randy also mentioned recently that NECA had no preference or advantage in consideration or pre-orders vs. online or retail purchases, meaning they are not determining production on pre-orders, but rather total sales in all outlets.

In short, if you like them, buy them, because it's not going to last forever but they are taking the license for one hell of a ride while they can.

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

I don't twit (or FB) either, but as the Monkey Monday reveals tend to happen there, I got in the habit of looking at the announcements on the webpage version. What's cool is that most of the questions or suggestions that fans bring to NECA, get a direct response… hence the intel floating about.

They also interact with the base and take accolades in stride with the critique. I like that. I also like they are going to breath new life into Kidrobot. Kozik should make a great creative director on that front. Interesting company full of Apemaniacs, life is good.

Confessional,

I don't Twitter (or Facebook for that matter), so I missed out on the coversation you're referring to in your post... That said, do you recall any (tenative) release date(s) being mentioned for Series 3 and/or the TV series pack?

Thanks for any info you can provide...

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

As cool as it'd be if they did these characters, in a way I'm glad they're going heavier on apes over humans... We do need them to do a 7" scale Taylor though: I mean he is *the* human protagonist...

Originally posted by toysrus
                        I'm kinda surprised a Nova, Brent & Mutant weren't released before Caesar, Conquest Gorilla and maybe Julius?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Saw Wave 1 and 2 again today in my local FP, plus the TRU exclusive Gorilla Soldier 2 pack. Couldn't resist any longer and picked up Ursus. This is a great line.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

I fixed up Zira to be more movie accurate. Did anyone notice that the NECA Zira has a big oversized head that is actually mego scale?

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

I haven't been lucky enough to find a NECA Zira yet, lol...

That said, in seriousness, that is cool to know about the size being "Mego scale"... In the pictures I have seen, I thought her head looked a little on the bigger side, but I wasn't sure if that was just her hair giving it that effect...

Originally posted by jessica
                              Did anyone notice that the NECA Zira has a big oversized head that is actually mego scale?

Comment

• Confessional
                                Maker & Whatnot
                                • Aug 8, 2012

Conquest fun full steam ahead:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡