Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got new released or Pre-order NECA Planet of the Apes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

I agree with MIB41: That's a cool display... I like seeing the Gorillas in action...

I also have a question: If you take the backpack off your trooper and put an ammo bandolier from the original release Gorilla Soldier on him, would you then be able to put the backpack on him with the bandolier on as well?

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

There just enough space to put the bando on if you want. I played around with that; you'll also notice the club I put on the belt with a jump ring. The backpacks disconnect at the waist belt, but the connector is a simple small plug that can't take too much pressure or it releases. You could put a little dab of flexible adhesive on it to keep it closed if it gives you trouble.

As there were indeed Ape Infantry in Beneath that didn't have bandoliers, I'm cool with them either way. Neca made up for it with all the included accessories.

Now I have 6 Soldiers waiting for their General to arrive and take command!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Beautiful display. They look great. I've always been a big fan of the Gorilla Soldier design. I'm really looking forward to the NECA Re-Mego version.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Out shopping pre-black Friday and look what showed up on shelves at TRU stores in Louisville?

My wife took these and said, " I'll add these to your Christmas morning. How's that sound?" I couldn't say no. They're very cool in person.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Just picked up series 2 and the gorilla 2 pack tonight at Toys R Us. My favorite line in this scale.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

I hope I have that kind of luck when I stop at the local TRU...

Originally posted by MIB41
              Out shopping pre-black Friday and look what showed up on shelves at TRU stores in Louisville?

My wife took these and said, " I'll add these to your Christmas morning. How's that sound?" I couldn't say no. They're very cool in person.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^I would start checking now, because the store I found these in did not have them last week, so it appears stores are just starting to get them in. I also saw the Neca video game Keaton Batman figure at that TRU store as well, but I wasn't impressed with it up close. That was an easy pass for me...but I digress. I think you'll be thrilled with this latest series in the Apes line. Ursus/Urko and the soldier apes have always been my favorites in the Ape mythos.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

I called my local Toys R Us Wednesday night and asked if they had series 2 in yet. They told me they did not and they did not think they would be getting anything new this week because of Black Friday ( which I thought was odd ). I stopped by last night just to be sure and there was series 2 and the 2 pack. When I found them there was 2 Zira, 4 Ursus and 4 Zeius. They had at lease 10 of the gorilla 2 pack though.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

Got my series 2 today. Another home run! Love, love, love the Ursus! Zira's accessories are brilliant! Left Zaius in the box, because I don't need two Zaius on display.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 10, 2007

They had a bunch of these at TRU last night along with the 1985 NECA Godzilla figure.
                      Lynn

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

BBTS has Dawn Series 2 are shipping on the customer side this week, just in time for Santa Aldo to deliver to all the good girls and boys.

Comment

• skullface
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 29, 2012

Did any of you guys order the dvd from Target,with the figure? Is it a standard fig or new one?

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Yup, it's the CS1 Soldier in Mego-inspired (perhaps too nice to open) packaging… was also released across the Atlantic, who apparently got them first as there were Euro sellers on Ebay with them in hand a month or so ago.

With these, while the same sculpt, the variations in the paints make them all a bit special. Besides, you NEED an army!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Got the infantry 2 pack today. I just can't say enough about how much I love this line. Can't wait for Series 3!

Comment

• apes3978
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 19, 2005

I made it to TRU on Monday night and they had the second series in stock... There were three different pegs, each with the figures name on the end: They had the Gorilla 2 pack, an Ursus peg and a Zaius peg, not a Zira in sight... If they didn't short-pack these, then Ursus was by far the biggest seller (I got the last one), there were maybe five of the Gorilla 2 pack and one complete peg of the new Zaius figure... Since TRU didn't have Zira, I guess I'll have to check the local comic shop to see what he has in stock... He charged $22.99 per figure for the first series, and I'd guess he'll be pricing the new ones the same way, so they're $4.00 more than TRU: But, since it would cost that much to get a figure shipped, I might as well just buy it locally (if possible) and cut out the middle man...

They had ZERO in the way of the "DAWN/POTA" figures in stock, but they did have a fair amount of Godzilla as mentioned in the thread I quoted for this post...

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                                They had a bunch of these at TRU last night along with the 1985 NECA Godzilla figure.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎