X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynn TXP 0369
    Career Member
    • Jun 10, 2007

Off center decal

I just got a series one batman off eBay and he has a off center chest decal, I see a new decal comes with him.

I have yet to open him up, but how do you remove the old decal to get the new one on him?

Lynn
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not sure the original can be removed , it's a heat-transfer emblem. The extra is included to mimic a vintage style.

I keep hearing that these are adult collectibles, meant mostly for display. Perhaps you're expected to look at it with your head tilted or from the other side. Sometimes a different perspective helps us all appreciate these figures more appropriately.

Seriously though Lynn, you might have success in contacting FTC for a replacement bodysuit.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ AGREE 100%. 50% of my x2 full SETS of SUPERMAN Wave 1 figures have QC issues of varying degrees.
      QC-1.) 1 of 2 Mr. MXY has a completely SQUISHED / PINCHED head. I took pics to post here, but the pics of the x2 figures MIB do not even remotely show the HORRIBLE disfiguring of the squished/pinched Mr. Mxy. I will try to get around to posting thrm. I haven't opened either of them, as I don't know if I want the ruined MXY for play/display or my MIB collection.

QC-2.) 1 of 2 SUPERMAN figs has a squished pinched face, & although both have the uneven painted eyes, the SQUISHED / Pinched Superman head makes the offset uneven painted eyes look downright like a birth defect.

QC-3 & 4) 2 of 2 SUPERGIRL figures had their hair wrapped around their neck trapped under their twist tie, BUT 1 of them had a FULL BEARD of thick BLONDE hair trapped under her chin/around her neck like it was choking her. 1 or 2 Supergirl figs had a LOOSE BELT twice the intended size & that same Supergirl that needed to be the 1 to open due to the blonde beard & the loose ill-fitting super loose belt also has a "S" emblem heat sealed too far to the right, falling off back towards her armpit. BOTH SUPRGIRL figures are on the incorrectly assembled bodies w/ up-side-down torso ball & sunken in necks!

FUNNY thing is of the x8 FTC SUPERMAN wave 1 figs I purchased, the x2 BIZARRO's are PERFECT (aside from the cheap capes he, Supes & Super Girl share) looking......,..........
      ....the irony is I really DO NOT LIKE FTC's BIZARRO figure due to The huge Oversized out of scale HEAD that is too detailed for me personally. The BIG HEAD size being out of scale w/ the whole line so far (- Alfred) & his more realistic Sculpt/Paint details make him a disappointment for me personally. It's really too bad as both my Bizarros came w/ no QC issues at all & his costume looks FANTASTIC! I just wish he was somewhere closer to between comic detailed & retro Mego 70s look. Even in the 1 pic FTChas posted that Bizarro is scultped to depict where he is the puppeteer, he doesn't have all the slashes/scars details.....at least from what I can see in the pic. Plain white skin & a 25%-30% smaller head & he'd be fantastic IMO.

FTC - Out of my x8 SUPERMAN wave 1 figures:

x4 have Good-to-GREAT QC .....&........

x4 have BAD-to-HORRID QC

So once again, I have a 50% BAD QC on a $200 purchase. & I'm not even included that my FTC SUPERMAN I opened can NOT hold the iconic Superman "FLYING" pose w/ his 2 arms held straight up, they keep crossing & even if I use his head to fake the pose, BOTH arms have to pop out of his torso & the hooks latch onto his sides. I tried this pose w/ dozens of FTC NEW Batman/DC retro & Batman 66 figures.... none of these will hold this pose. I picked up some 40 year old Mego Waltons & tried on my childhood surviving Mego Kirk & naked Cheron.....they all can easily & seamlessly hold this pose after all these years. What gives FTC? I want to support you till the end, but address QC & HEAD Size/Scale issues NOW, Before the END comes much sooner than it otherwise would if QC is addressed. HOPING for these improvements FTC, more than anything!

Comment

• rjm118
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 25, 2012

Wonder Woman was a disaster, legs dont bend, neck sunken in...just terrible.

My Supergirl has the same neck issue.

I dont mind spending the $$ but for $25 a pop, they need better quality control.

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by rjm118
          Wonder Woman was a disaster, legs dont bend, neck sunken in...just terrible.

My Supergirl has the same neck issue.

I dont mind spending the $$ but for $25 a pop, they need better quality control.
          WORD to Yo MAMMA! Seriously ^^^ sums it up perfectly for me.....w/out the extra verbal diarrhea I suffer from!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎