Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

That's what I did with my original Conan and I love it. That original Zica body was just made for Conan. Very nice indeed. FTC scored well in making this new Conan line.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 12, 2014

"The hard part is tracking down an original ZICA body"
      Conan on the Zica body looks Awesome. Does anyone know what figures used these bodies? I would like to hunt a few down on ebay if possible. Thanks

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm also impressed by the quality of the accessories--these are so much better than the CTVT Knights' stuff, for example.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for the pics, Paul.

That bodyswapped Conan is so cool.

And I like the Kull sculpt a lot... just wish the head was a touch smaller.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Tigerman's lower body is stained from the fabric,so you'll have to use Buck's body

Comment

• nubee
              Career Member
              • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by pmwasson
              Here is the FTC Conan on a Type-1 ZICA body:

I boiled his head to get it off the FTC body. It was really hard to get it off, but I managed to do it without hurting the neck plug. I also took the opportunity to comb his hair, which made it look much less poofy. I'm really happy with the final result. I know when the ZICA bodies came out several people made ZICA Conans before, but FTC has made it so easy now. The hard part is tracking down an original ZICA body if you don't already have one.

As I said before, the head/body skin tone is very close to a perfect match. The neck plug was a little too long, so I had to trim it down, and the head is still a little loose, but I plan to fix that next.

All of Conan's clothes and accessories feel very well made and don't feel like they would break easily.

Even before the body swap, I think this is one of the finest FTC re-mego figures. After the swap, I think its one of my favorite figures in my whole collection!

Many thanks for the pics, Paul. I'm gonna transfer my Conan onto the ZICA body too.

Can you post how to fix the loose head issue?

( Given the lighter color of Kull, perhaps the lighter color of CAT body would suffice?)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Sometimes vinyl ponytail bands--they come in clear, as well as black--around the neck plug will take up just enough room to adjust the fit & make the head fit better. Quick & easy, no messing with tape, etc.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Sometimes vinyl ponytail bands--they come in clear, as well as black--around the neck plug will take up just enough room to adjust the fit & make the head fit better. Quick & easy, no messing with tape, etc.
                  Yes, this is exactly what I plan to do.
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• mego
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 16, 2012

That, my friend, looks fantastic.
                    I'm happy to hear that Conan was done right. He's always been a favorite of mine, by Crom.

Comment

• nubee
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Many Thanks for the answer. ( I forgot. This was posted before.)

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

I used plumber's tape....worked quite well.....here is mine

100_6870.jpg100_6871.jpg100_6872.jpg

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Teemu
                          I used plumber's tape....worked quite well.....here is mine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13217[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13219[/ATTACH]
                          Looks excellent!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

I like the look of this ZICA body better than the Type S and it seems to have similar functionality. Why did they stop making them?

Comment

• boss
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 18, 2003

Craig got bought out... molds and all.
                              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                                Year Five!!
                                • Jan 26, 2012

Hey Paul - Thanks for posting those pics - he looks great that way!!
                                "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎