Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Got my Conan's today...I must say FTC did a great job replicating this figure and he looks nice carded.While I still hate the body,it wasn't too bad posing....I am disappointed that I can't swap Conan onto the Type S body because of the skin Tone.Conan came out surprisingly darker than I thought he was going to be and it's a shame too because the FTC body just does not hold up to a high standard...anyways,I recommend picking Conan up......here are a couple pics

100_6869.jpg100_6868.jpg

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Looks fantastic!!!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        • Feb 27, 2014

That Conan looks great.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I got Conan and Krull. They Conan is very nice and very close to the original Mego version. The body definitely has a darker tone and feels very well put together. The Krull body is lighter in tone and seems to have some of the same issues as earlier waves with the arm pulling out of the socket. Krull comes with the same belts and weapons as Conan, but his sword is made out of a gold color plastic. Krull's tunic is very nicely put together with a gather at the waist to make it fit nicely. I'll try to take some pictures later.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by pmwasson
            I got Conan and Krull. They Conan is very nice and very close to the original Mego version. The body definitely has a darker tone and feels very well put together. The Krull body is lighter in tone and seems to have some of the same issues as earlier waves with the arm pulling out of the socket. Krull comes with the same belts and weapons as Conan, but his sword is made out of a gold color plastic. Krull's tunic is very nicely put together with a gather at the waist to make it fit nicely. I'll try to take some pictures later.
            The Arm socket is an issue period on all of these....the Hooks pull hard on the plastic loops and the arms come close to pulling from the hook and tearing and just falling off all-together...Because FTC uses a cheaper plastic,the result in the future will be broken limbs for sure

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Here are some pictures:

Conan's hair looked pretty silly in the package, but settled down once I took him out. Krull's crown is made of a rubbery material and fits nicely on his head.

I'm sure the big-head-patrol will complain about Krull's head, but with the tunic and cape around his neck I think he looks fine and fits in real well with the Mego designed Conan.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by pmwasson
                Here are some pictures:

Conan's hair looked pretty silly in the package, but settled down once I took him out. Krull's crown is made of a rubbery material and fits nicely on his head.

I'm sure the big-head-patrol will complain about Krull's head, but with the tunic and cape around his neck I think he looks fine and fits in real well with the Mego designed Conan.
                Yeah the usual suspects will say the usual things about Kull's head. But it looks like Conan's skin tone is darker than the other FTC bodies. I think it looks good, but it appears that Kull's body is that same sickly color that most FTC bodies are. Is there a noticeable difference in person?

Sorry, just saw your earlier post where you addressed the different skin tones. I'll get Conan because it's one of the figures Mego originally made, but the other two figures in this series have no interest for me.

I'll wait and see what the feedback is on the fist fighters before deciding if I'll place an order for some of them as well or just Conan.
                Last edited by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide; Nov 7, '14, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Nice one, Paul.

Does the Kull body tone reflect the shade on the Type S? Seems some folks might want to swap.

Kull has a Ricardo Montalban thing going. Really like it. Does it appear he suffers from nogginitis?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                    Radioactive!
                    • Feb 13, 2010

I don't get why you guys are so quick to defend the oversized heads: it's not like FTC would lose any customers by creating more proportionally correct head sculpts. For Player especially, it almost comes across as if you'd rather FTC continue with the oversized heads just to tick off the "usual suspects" rather than correct the issue and sell more figures.

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                      Your shipping number was likely generated first thing in the morning when they started checking in orders at FTC. Then later that day (probably at the end of the day) they either took the packages to the shipper, or the shipper came and picked them up. Either way, the package likely wouldn't have even arrived at the shipper's sorting center for 12 hours.

Then it could sit there for another 6-12 hours before it is checked in. Then it would likely sit there for a few more hours before it was loaded onto a truck or plane or ship for travel to the next sorting center. Standard procedure. So getting a tracking number and not seeing any movement for a day or so is nothing out of the ordinary. If you ever order from Amazon, for example, you see this with almost every order. You are given a tracking number, but it doesn't actually show the package as being in transit for a minimum of 12 hours, sometimes as long as 36.

Standard procedure.
                      Nice theroy, but false. The moment the item is in the carriers hands it gets scanned and then scanned again at the sorting facility. But either way, its been over 36 hours, still not found. If there is any delay in the tracking information showing up it means the item is not yet in the hands of the carrier. So it could be they printed the shipping labels all at once and then are taking several days to package up the items, which is again, not the right way to do it.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• nubee
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

Many Thanks for the pics. I wonder can the Conan head be swap onto the ZICA body (not type S) or the original banded CAT body. (The CAT body was darker tone.) (I should be getting my Conan and Kull sometime next week.) Thanks again for the pics.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

I was planning on buying:

x2 CONAN
                          x2 Solomon Kane
                          x2 Kull

*BIG HEADS are literally affecting my purchases as now I will buy x1 or 2 CONAN figures & will NOT buy ANY Kull or Solomon Cain figs.

- x4 figs @ $30 ea. from me = -$120.00 in 1 FTC sale.

*FTC should read & respect the comments on here AND their FACEBOOK page. BIG HEADS wins for the MOST common complaint by a HUGE margin. As HUGE a margin as their NEW character's HEADS. When I stripped down *FTC's SUPERMAN & Bizarro yesterday to look for the reasons behind FTC inferior posing due to their bodies, You should see naked FTC Supes head right next to FTC Bizarro's Head. It's unbelievable The player would continue to TROLL people who don't worship FTC blindly & see that this FTC BIG HEAD problem Is a BIG problem & FTC is HEADING into looking like they could care less that they are losing SALES!

I have NEVER EVER ONCE seen someone say: BBP & FTC PLEASE /keep making BIG out of proportion HEADS that will be out of scale w/ Mego figures! You know.....the reason we're all here & buying these products!

Message to FTC:

*BIG HEADS KILL............TOY Lines! ....................Just ask other companies.
                          Last edited by invisiblelad; Nov 8, '14, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 6, 2014

Back On Topic..................

*Can Anybody who has FTC CONAN & also has MEGO CONAN take side-by-side pics for comparison???????

It looks like FTC did great on their Conan.

I 1st saw GENE Simmons in the SOLOMON CANE sculpt, & now I see it in the KULL figure!

In a straight-jacket rocking myself in a padded cell......the psychiatrist tells my family that I just keep saying the same thing: (Me):"I see Gene Simmons. EVERYWHERE I look, I see BIG HEADED Gene Fudging SIMMONS!" - lol.
                            Last edited by invisiblelad; Nov 8, '14, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 28, 2006

Thanks for posting pics.
                              Put me down for one Conan I'll pass on the rest of this line.
                              A shame as I really wanted the other two.
                              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Kull actually has a Ted Cassidy vibe along with Jim Shooter. The head doesn't look as out of whack as Alfred. I think its the addition of hair that's really throwing off the proportions. Still want to see if Kane is the same mess his prototype was, tho.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎