• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by boss
    Craig got bought out... molds and all.
    I find with customs there are always some figures that will look better on the other types of bodies.
    I see demand for these bodies - hope someone takes notice and makes some of these zica bodies. They really work well for conan and the ultimate warrior. I'm sure they would be perfect for others as well.

Someone make a run of zica bodies - Please
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Nobody bought Solomon Kane?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

I just received 2 sets of these figures ,and their great.
        Conan - the best in the set -great remego ,reminds me when i first got Conan in 1975 ,when they were
        sold in boxs (still got him).
        Kull looks fantastic also,if mego did this figure then ,this is what it most likely would have looked like,nice
        sculpt head ,perhaps a pinch to big but not much.
        Solomon kane is a very well done figure ,love the rubber like gloves ,cape looks very good ,and hes well
        armed with his weapons ,his head sculpt is very good ,unfortunately this figure suffers the same issue
        that Bizzaro & Alfred have with the heads ,the cloth hat which is cool is to small to fit the figures noggin.
        but it looks good with a small hairpin to hold it in place,if i knew how to post pics i would ,all in all its
        a nice figure ,they all are ,FTC does a wonderful job with these .

Comment

• Dayton43
          • Jan 4, 2014

I received Solomon Kane today and he's alot better than I thought he would be. The outfit is really well done and he comes with a lot of weapons. The head is in the Bizarro, Alfred range but the hat I got fits his head really well. All in all I'm pretty happy with him and Conan and will probably pick Kull up soon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

ok, so still has a giant head. No sale then.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by tllgn
              Solomon kane is a very well done figure ,love the rubber like gloves ,cape looks very good ,and hes well
              armed with his weapons ,his head sculpt is very good ,unfortunately this figure suffers the same issue
              that Bizzaro & Alfred have with the heads ,the cloth hat which is cool is to small to fit the figures noggin.
              but it looks good with a small hairpin to hold it in place,if i knew how to post pics i would ,all in all its
              a nice figure ,they all are ,FTC does a wonderful job with these .
              So would the hat look okay on a regular sized Mego head? I made a custom of the character for a friend a long time ago, and if I can remember what head I used for a base (I think it was Thor, for the dour expression), I might be able to whip up a proper sized replacement if the hat isn't too big. It would be worth the effort, as the rest of the figure looks great.

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

actually the hat does fit the figure,i overlooked the fact that it can be stretched ,and can be pulled over the head.i
                think it would be fine for any regular mego ^^^ i think it would be fine for your friends custom figure.

Comment

• doink1
                  • Jul 31, 2014

Just received my Conan today... Great packaging! Head, clothes, weapons A+. However, armpits stick out of the sockets bc it's strung so tight!! Tried to get the arms to lay flat to his side and both arms broke off. Not good... I'm going to replace with zica body anyway...but still?!?!?

The rest of my order... Super powers : aquaman, green arrow and shazam were above expectations! Bravo on these. Btw, for those that like to keep the FTC tag intact... The shells have enough give to separate so you can get the coffin out. The twist ties are easier to take off... Great for those of us that like to display loose and later have the option to put them back into the packaging at a later date.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Got the figures last night.

Conan: good repro of the original; you can see the slight smallness of the FTC body compared to the original Mego type 2 body here, but it still looks fine. Nice solid accessories, both in execution and int he plastic they are made from. One of the most spot on re-dos they've done.

Kull: Executed well, but I have to admit the tunic looks more like a dress than kingly raiments. That's nothing to do with FTC's work, it's more a problem with the basic design they are acurately following. Still, a good representation of what's pictured on the card. The head is slightly long, but nowhere near enough to compromise the overall look of the figure (Conan always had one of the larger Mego heads himself, though not oversized). THe face is nice and distinct, not just a generic tough guy/barbarian.

Solomon Kane: Terrific job on the costume here; lots of little details all over. He's a good example of why these three figures are actually worth the little bit more we paid for them. But the head is the worst mis-size we've seen so far; it's even too big for a 9" Playmates Trek figure:
                    heads.jpg
                    The sculpt is great, the expression spectacular, and there's even some styling of the hair in back, so the head would be perfect if it wasn't made for a 10" figure. It's a shame, because SK would have been the runaway champ of this wave without that major flaw. He's just a really cool loking character; a dour pilgrim with a big hat in action figure form doesn't come along every day, and it's too bad they came so close to making it perfect but missed the mark on such a major count.

Comment

• skullface
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 29, 2012

That Kane head ooks big enough for a 12in doll. I thought this when I first saw the prototype shots. If it is I might have to buy it and do a custon to go with my 12in Conan. Also do you guys think we can do a shrink on one of these heads?

Comment

• figureaddicted
                        • Jun 29, 2014

I am absolutely going to have to get that Conan asap. The others too,but they'll have to wait until i can get caught up on the other ReMegos I've missed out on the last 3 months.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by skullface
                          That Kane head ooks big enough for a 12in doll. I thought this when I first saw the prototype shots. If it is I might have to buy it and do a custon to go with my 12in Conan. Also do you guys think we can do a shrink on one of these heads?
                          It might be a little small for a full 12" figure. Haven't dug one out, but I think it's basically scaled in line with a 9.5" Mego Flash Gordon/Max FX body.

Comment

• skullface
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 29, 2012

That still might work.The Conan will be on the new Kaustic heroic body. Maybe one of the smaller 12s would work,I have tons of Dragon,bbi.or 21st C . No mego flash bodys.....that might be harder. Have any of you guys tried shrinking these new FTC heads? Kulls head also looks big..so maybe I could do something with him too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Helpful review--thanks, Scott.

As with some other FTC heads, it's an embarrassment about the head scale--especially since the sculpt & rooting on Kane looks excellent.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 19, '14, 6:16 PM.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                Helpful review--thanks, Scott.

As with some other FTC heads, it's an embarrassment about the head scale--especially since the sculpt & rooting on Kane looks excellent.
                                It is excellent; the hair is gathered a bit in the back on mine rather than just all hanging down loose. I need to look closer, but it looked almost like a sort of pony tail rather than just a clumping of hair. It's nice and even coverage, as well, no bald spots or comb over needed anywhere. And the face is so expressive, the features nice and sharp. The folks they have sculpting the heads are doing a stellar job, really; I have no complaints in that department (especially after seeing the Ra's head taken straight out of a Neal Adams panel). It stands up well against the best of the old Mego heads, if only it was the right size.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎