Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Received my Green Arrow today, and I am really impressed! He looks awesome and works awesome! Only one issue. There was some of that tacky rubber stuff (you know the kind of stuff that holds credit cards to letters) in his quiver buckle. I assumed this was just to hold his belt buckled in package, but when I removed it, saw that the buckle doesn't hold the belt tight, the belt just slides right out. Kinda lame, but no real big deal. Other than this, everything is amazing. One thing that is obvious, but I guess I never thought about, is you obviously can't make his fist fighting action work with his quiver on, haha.

So is anyone making repro/custom fist fighter boxes for these yet?
    Last edited by Remco Monster; Nov 17, '14, 4:35 PM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ TCM Hitchhiker, THANKS 4 your FTC Green Arrow FF Review! I never had a FF Mego as a lad, but I have x1 SET of WAVE 1 & WAVE 2 coming anuy day now from EE! The last few FTC cases/figure Sets I got from EE w/ their BOGO 40% sale (+ FREE S/H) came super fast! x4 FTC Wonder Woman figures came to me in 4 Days Total from shipment from EE, & x2 SETS of SUPERMAN Wave 1 & x2 Sets of BATMAN 1966 Wave 2 only took 4 days to ship! EE has been getting the FTC product faster & Shipping faster than ever too!

*Now I have to see if I can withstand the urge to OPEN & PLAY with these FTC FF figures! NOT having a FTC: WGH Shazam, Aquaman & Green Arrow yet will be the ultimate test of my willpower!

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

If they are all as nice as Green Arrow, you will love them man!

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

I just received my superpowers fist fighters series 1 & 2 ,they are fantastic ,FTC is getting better and better
          with these retro figures

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

I was wondering how GA could punch with the quiver on; guess he can't, but that's not a huge deal. I should have these waiting on the porch for me when I get home today, so I'll probably be spending most of the night engaging in 8" fisticuffs.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
              I was wondering how GA could punch with the quiver on; guess he can't, but that's not a huge deal. I should have these waiting on the porch for me when I get home today, so I'll probably be spending most of the night engaging in 8" fisticuffs.
              Hey Scott Metzger, I look forward to your review of these FTC Super Powers FF figures! If you get the chance, & are so inclined, Pics accompanying your review would be AWESOME! Either way I look forward to your always honest & very informative reviews, about re-Megos here at the megomuseum & about MOTUC on He-Man.org!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by tllgn
                I just received my superpowers fist fighters series 1 & 2 ,they are fantastic ,FTC is getting better and better
                with these retro figures
                That's good to hear! I've been hoping FTC was going to improve their Bodies QC & so far it sounds like BOTH FTC's Conan & Super Powers FF are on better constructed/quality bodies! The FTC repro re-MEGO's costumes & heads have been executed so well, that the BODIES QC issues were the only consistent bone of contention for me present in every wave of figures so far -(WGH, Batman retro, Batman 66). Now I have had some QC issues w/ paint applications on a number of the heads & a few on some costume's details, but only the bodies have been consistently bad in every wave I purchased. After Batman retro wave 1, FTC did improve the quality & strength of the plastic used on their figure's arms, preventing immediate breakage, the bodies are strung WAY too tight for full Mego-like posing (IMHO) & the torso's are still very thin/soft plastic.

Now it seems FTC may be handling this issue & hopefully future waves will show up on these better constructed bodies like Conan did!-<(Based on the early reports here @ MM)! Now the BIG HEADS on NEW characters still has me concerned, BUT FTC did say they were looking at that, & I'm hoping Solomon Cane will be the LAST figure I skip buying due to this unfortunately common issue w/ Re-Mego companies,......NOT JUST FTC has had this heartbreakingly disappointing phenomenon cursing their releases!

So I'm personally hoping these early reports of better quality on the bodies of the FTC's Super Powers FF & especially CONAN, since his standard 8" can be used on all regular figures going forward, will be the bodies FTC will produce & use w/ subsequent waves going forward!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

???s:

Can anybody who has the FTC: CONAN, KULL, or SOLOMON CANE answer a few quick questions?

1.) CONAN's body is reported to be better constructed/quality, does KULL or Solomon Cane have the SAME NEW 8" body that Conan has......just Paler?

2.) Or is KULL's & Solomon Kane's body the same as the recently released FTC WGH/Batman 66 figures?

3.) CONAN (or the Super Powers FF, Kull, Cane): Can ay of these figures lift both their arms up in a "Mego Flying" pose? I haven't had any FTC WGH/Bats 66 figs able to do that!

Any answers would be greatly appreciated! I'm hoping that KULL & Solomon Cane come on NEW better bodies like Conan seems to! Thanks Guys!

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

At this point, by the time they get around to making the 66 Catwoman and Batgirl figures, I just hope that the heads aren't hard as rocks, the size of melons, and that the bodies aren't strung so tight as to break just by looking at them.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Would love to see some more pics of everyone with their new FF figures. They seem to be getting rave reviews. Not seeing too many outside the card.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ agree 100% !!!!!!

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

The figures are well done, and one thing no one has mentioned is that the big flat button jutting out from the back of their waits is actually optional. You can easily pop it off and still have the little straight lever to move back and forth, although I've found you get a more dramatic punching action just turning them manually at the waist. Doing it that way, you can actually leave the quiver on Green Arrow and still have him punching away. And, yes, I did have way too much fun last night with these figures...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Although I'm not a fan of the FF action, I'm very pleased to read that the figure is well-engineered and the feature works properly.

Glad, too that Conan is cast in a darker skin tone--I'd like to see this continue across lines.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• megowgsh
                              Customego HoF Curator
                              • Nov 19, 2003

Love them

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

I noticed all of the series one FF, except Superman, are back on pre-order status for January restocking. Another successful line has sold. When you consider the volume of lines FTC is releasing, these are impressive results.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎