Super Powers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

One of the things I don't like about the design of many of FTC's cards is how the hero or villain's logo is at least partially hidden by the bubble. Should be a main focus of the card design and you can really see it with these figures.

Comment

• Astronut
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      One of the things I don't like about the design of many of FTC's cards is how the hero or villain's logo is at least partially hidden by the bubble. Should be a main focus of the card design and you can really see it with these figures.
      Agreed. I'm a die-hard Mego fan but I'm also a graphic designer/art director. I live 30 minutes away from FTC and I'd love to work for them because I know I would be an asset. I even met with one of the owners of the company when I relocated to Florida earlier this year. Sadly, I was told that while he would "certainly like to hire" me, I am "too experienced, too expensive," and that they do not pay well, because hey, "this is Florida." Whatever that means. Their loss.

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

I had paint issues I the hairlines of my x2 Superman figures, like on the forehead of SHAZAM.

SHAZAM: body suit looks great, cuffs great, BELT crappy - too thin & sewn crooked, HEAD looks good except the paint smudges in the hairline.

GREEN ARROW: would be PERFECTION, but his left (our right) CUFF is messed up! Too short by far & the flesh "skin" is showing around the cuff.

AQUAMAN: suits looks GREAT! LOVE the AWESOME Fit on that bodysuit! . Belt too thin.Worried about the "A" emblem staying on the beltThe protos legs were so baggy, but once again FTC tightened up that suit on Production (wish Wonder Woman's was fixed also! Screening was WONDERful tho!).

Overall these look GOOD! Hope the bodies aren't like all the previous waves quality wise. I was checking out Bizarro's & Superman's naked bods to see why the are unable to come close to the "Flying" pose iconic for Mego (mego-like) Supermen, & the torso is made of really light/thin/soft plastic that when held over a light bulb, you can see it really is Cheap, cheap, cheap. The arms & legs are made of way better solid plastic tho. The rubber bands are still WAY too tight FTC.
        Last edited by invisiblelad; Nov 7, '14, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
          Career Member
          • Jun 10, 2007

I just got Robin and he looks great!! Quality looks really good!
          I ordered Batman on eBay as pre order a while back, so he should coming pretty soon.
          Lynn

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

These are hit-or-miss for me:

*Didn't like FF as a kid; ersatz version don't appeal to me, either.
            *Love the SP cards
            *Costumes look nice, excepting Aquaman's belt.
            *Most disappointed in the paint details: Some FTC stuff is so sharp & detailed, then we get Aqualad, Aquaman, & Shazam!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I would have picked up a Batman just for the SP card art, but my issue with it is that "Super Powers" is just not prominent enough on the card. It looks more like an afterthought.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

the bodies are now being sold separately

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Looks like they fixed Aquaman's eyebrows from the two-pack run; those heads had dashes above the eyes, not eyebrows.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by comicmike
                    the bodies are now being sold separately
                    http://megomuseum.com/community/show...65#post1173465
                    There you go. Make your own custom fist-fighters. A good non-purchase for those reasons.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Wow, that packaging is awesome!
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Dayton43
                        • Jan 4, 2014

Super Powers reviews?

Does anyone have a photo review of the fist fighters besides the packaging. Something that shows the backs of the costumes? Or how well the fist fighting feature works? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

just checked my tracking,should get these later today;D

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

I have always wanted a fist fighting Green Arrow, so I couldn't resist, and ordered one up last night. Looking forward to getting it.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

well I had forgotten about my amok time order,my card earlier this year had a fraud charge so when I changed it I didn't think my AT time would go through but it did so now I got two sets of each along with my FTC order,no biggie as I'm an extre remego MIB collector anyway but an unexpected expense on my CC.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                                Career Member
                                • Jun 10, 2007

I got Batman today and he is AWESOME!!!! I love this figure! Very impressed with this line.
                                He will stay in his package. I did however have to take him out and straighten up his cape and gloves to get him "presented" a little bit better, but other than that, he is fantastic!
                                Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎