X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wasimhosen
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 23, 2011

Super Powers?

So late October has come and gone. Has anyone heard anything about the shipping on these and the Conan wave that were supposed to be shipping by now?
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Entertainment Earth has Conan listed as December and Super Powers for January (at the moment).

BBTS has both still listed as October. Should be interesting to see if they update to November or December this week.

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

I know they tried to charge my Debit Visa Card... Because the funds weren't there I got a "CC Decline" notification from CTVT on the Super Powers Wave 2 & Conan sets. I guess they will continue the practice of charging the cards several weeks before the product is available but at least it means that these are closer than we all think...

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

if it were this month wouldn't FTC be posting pics on their Facebook page(production) like they did with 66?im betting on early December.my funds are dangerously short noes anyways so I can wait a few more weeks.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 11, 2014

Soon very Soon! I mean Soon!

Comment

• Boxheadman
            • Jul 24, 2014

We (Toycade) should have them in stock by the end of this week.

Comment

• drogge
              Career Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by Boxheadman
              We (Toycade) should have them in stock by the end of this week.
              What about Conan?

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Good to hear these are almost ready. Really looking forward to the feedback on the bodies with these figures, if do ok the first wave at least will be a buy for me.

Comment

• Boxheadman
                  • Jul 24, 2014

Conan too. No Tarzan.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 10, 2007

Cool, I just ordered a Batman and Robin. I hope they look as good as the prototype pics.
                    Lynn

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

my card got charged I just saw.have to wait for the superman,Conan and Tarzan sets as I ordered those in a bundle.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

The amount of FTC product out there is off the scales. Enjoying it to no end, but I am forced to pick and choose. The sheer bulk of it is too much, too soon to equate value versus space, so I'm off the pre-order bandwagon. I'll grab the Conan figure, but that will be all from that series. I'll also grab Aquaman and Green Arrow when they come out as individual figures. The Batman '66 line will also have to be thinned down to just new characters. I'm off the duplication wagon for the sake of variants, unless there are REAL changes (like a unmasked, suited Riddler, etc). The packaging is just too big to buy all of that stuff if it doesn't display a completely different figure. Make no mistake, I love what FTC is doing, but it's reached a saturation point for me. It's like the collector market is this little lake and my collection is composed of me in a boat. All of this stuff is floating by, but I realize I can't sustain balance if I just grab everything. It is amazing and very cool though that they can do this. Fascinating times.
                        Last edited by MIB41; Nov 4, '14, 8:47 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

One thing that has made the glut of FTC stuff tolerable for me is that all the other toy lines I used to collect are either done or a shadow of what they used to be.

No more Mattel DC Universe Classics. Hasbro Marvel Legends is hit or miss these days. DST Marvel Minimates is too movie and Marvel Now! focused. And the fringe lines, like Matty.com's Voltron and Ghostbusters, are almost non-existant too. It also helps that I am mostly super-hero focused on any toy lines I collect.

And I still pick & choose from those offerings too. I do not need Fist Fighters and regular figures, so I will hold out for the regulars. If the variant makes sense, I will get it. If it doesn't, I will skip it. I will still get the occasional double of a figure that I want to keep in-package, but that's something I will keep in check.

After Christmas, I hope, hope, hope to finally properly open and display my FTC figures. But once I do, I may part with the clamshells and just keep the cards. And even then, I might just scan the card and then get rid of them. I love the idea of resealable packaging and the card art is great, but they do take up way too much space and I would rather display these, than have them in the clamshell.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 10, 2007

On FTC's site...

SHIPPING NOW: These action figures come with fist fighting action! One position allows for a karate chop when you hit the switch on the back of the figure, and the other position allows for both arms to punch (see photos for more details). Series 2 includes Batman, Robin, Riddler & Joker. Each figure comes with an authentic cloth outfit and in resealable plastic clamshell packaging that opens and shuts without damaging anything.

Sounds cool, I can't wait to see them.
                            Lynn

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by TRDouble
                              One thing that has made the glut of FTC stuff tolerable for me is that all the other toy lines I used to collect are either done or a shadow of what they used to be.

No more Mattel DC Universe Classics. Hasbro Marvel Legends is hit or miss these days. DST Marvel Minimates is too movie and Marvel Now! focused. And the fringe lines, like Matty.com's Voltron and Ghostbusters, are almost non-existant too. It also helps that I am mostly super-hero focused on any toy lines I collect.

And I still pick & choose from those offerings too. I do not need Fist Fighters and regular figures, so I will hold out for the regulars. If the variant makes sense, I will get it. If it doesn't, I will skip it. I will still get the occasional double of a figure that I want to keep in-package, but that's something I will keep in check.

After Christmas, I hope, hope, hope to finally properly open and display my FTC figures. But once I do, I may part with the clamshells and just keep the cards. And even then, I might just scan the card and then get rid of them. I love the idea of resealable packaging and the card art is great, but they do take up way too much space and I would rather display these, than have them in the clamshell.

Good points TRDouble. I'm using the advantage of the upcoming holidays to relegate some of these purchases to the Christmas list. Originally I was going to nab the Fist-fighters. But the more I thought about it, the more impractical it became. It's not like I'm going to actually use them for a "fight" as I would when I was a kid. They would just become another set of unopened figures. And if I don't want to open them for posing or display, then I don't need to be buying them. It's cool to see them, but pretty much a novelty item that falls into that duplication trap.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎