Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

I'll like to see them start making Thor heads.

I think I'll add up the cost of putting Conan together. I rather use a different body for him.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Figuremod73

I think I'll add up the cost of putting Conan together. I rather use a different body for him.
      Conan would probably look better on a Type S body given that the tone of the plastic is more tan, the tone of the FTC bodies is rather sickly, it isn't really noticeable unless it's on a figure like Robin.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Figuremod73

Problem is, there is no furry shorts or Sword Scabbard in their store to buy to go along with the rest of the parts.I wanted to do the same thing

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        Conan would probably look better on a Type S body given that the tone of the plastic is more tan, the tone of the FTC bodies is rather sickly, it isn't really noticeable unless it's on a figure like Robin.
        Yeah,that Conan head is looking more and more that it will match up great on the S-type body....I will be posting pics assembled when my Conan arrives

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by boss
          That's one angry woman.
          Yep, those bangs and pencil thin eyebrows!

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Doc Mego has fur shorts and scabbards

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

I think these heads look better than original mego. Wish they would make a green haired version for Doc Sampson.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I bet a green sharpie over that Blond one would work for Doc Samson.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by madmarva
                  Doc Mego has fur shorts and scabbards
                  the shorts are hand made/not as furry as FTC and the original Conan

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by boss
                    That's one angry woman.
                    lol Let's use the redhead for Giganta & add lipstick--Aleshia Brevard would approve I'll bet.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by madmarva
                      I think these heads look better than original mego. Wish they would make a green haired version for Doc Sampson.
                      Green hair, absolutely.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Astronut
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 21, 2010

You could do Man O War now. Ha

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

FTC should consider doing a run of these without rooting, too IMO.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

That looks like a great Conan to come. I'm excited to get this one.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Me too MIB41, I'm DEF down to get a CONAN or x2. My Brother monopoloized all the MARVEL MEGOs growing up & Conan/Tarzan too, then again since he was born in Jan. 1970 & I wasn't born till late Sept. 1974, most of "our" Megos were actually his.....so I guess that doesn't really mean he monopolized them.

I was interested in seeing KULL & Solomon Cane although I had very little to no prior knowledge of them b4 the announcement. After seeing the big heads on the protos, I definitely do not want want Solomon Cane & will probably pass on KULL as well. BUT, I loved the CONAN mego when I was little & since I rarely got to play w/ him since he was my big bro's, I will get 1 or 2 for sure.

The RED HAIRED CONAN head only makes me think of a Erik The RED custom mego. -The Viking not the Marvel character.

FTC- I wish you would produce the O.M.B.C. (One Million B.C.) repro-mego figures w/OUT the spear throwing action & instead of the included foam dart spear, throw in 1 of your western spears w/ each figure! I bet those figures don't need any licensing since the were created by Mego right?

*I would LOVE a FTC OMBC line w/ *GROK, TRAG, ORM, MADA, & little ZON on the child body. Obviously FTC could use the regular China made bodies since they wouldn't have to have the fused waist-less bodies mego used to accommodate the "spear throwing action", so they would pose better...BUT I would love IF FTC did do a OMBC line they would make a tanner 8" body that would also be better for CONAN as well. The FTC CONAN heads would be great to make additional OMBC custom cave men as well! I know I'm OFF Topic, but I always thought the CONAN mego would be fun to play w/ if we had some of the OMBC figures. *I'll have to ask my big bro about if we had 1 or 2 OMBC figures because they were instantly recognized by me when I found the megomuseum online about 16 years ago (*as I'm sure of every Mego we had w/ the fuzzy unsure recollections of either Green Goblin &/or Lizard, 12" ZOD & Jor-El, SCOTTY I know I didn't have 2 play w/ through the 80's but think my brother may have had him when I was very little & OMBC figures for some reason looked so familiar when I landed here at the museum 15-16 years ago.)
                              Last edited by invisiblelad; Nov 2, '14, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

I bought all four and also an extra blonde head will mak a Thor custom as the DST one will be a ways off and the other a He-man

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎