X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
    The handles of the chainsaw come off so you can insert them into his hands, and then put the handles back on.
    Amazing!!! Thank you for letting me know. I own the figure but haven't busted him out yet.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

they had a bunch of the Neca figures at Toys R Us, at 29.99 each when I was there this past weekend

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Chris
        Amazing!!! Thank you for letting me know. I own the figure but haven't busted him out yet.
        You really should chainsaw him out...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
          You really should chainsaw him out...
          It's much worse than that. His future home will be a in a solid box with custom Mad Monsters packaging.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Chris
            It's much worse than that. His future home will be a in a solid box with custom Mad Monsters packaging.
            Can you at least let the chainsaw stick out of the cardboard?
            No mere box can stop Leatherface....
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              Can you at least let the chainsaw stick out of the cardboard?
              No mere box can stop Leatherface....
              It would be great if it looked like the chainsaw was cutting through the packaging.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Just got my Leatherface. In time for the festive season, 'cause nothing spells holiday cheer like a homicidal maniac with a chainsaw!

I'm giving this one a solid 9.5/10.
                Great head sculpt, and terrific accessories. The handles of the chainsaw pop off, so you can slide them through the hands and then re-attach. You can really pose him any way you like, he can easily manage a two-handed grip on the weapon in any position. It's also screen-accurate, they didn't repurpose Ash' one, which is nice.

He wears a great pair of jeans and cowboy boots (which are just molded onto the ankle). Combine this with the coming Snake Plissken jacket, and you can make a mean Wolverine.

Two things to look out for: the straps of the apron don't really go with this figure. They look like something left over from a Barbie. Way too neat and sparkly. Easily replaced, though.

One main concern: the opening for the chainsaw (inside the bubble) is too small, so the blade is bent inside the bubble. It'll need to be straightened. This is where the figures loses half a point!

All things considered, this is a great figure. I posed him facing Ash, in a chainsaw battle to the death!
                And I just love his silly looking tie...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎