Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

My TRU hasn't carried any of the NECA stuff.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

I'm glad you guys mentioned this, I wasn't aware of Toys R Us having an area like that... I'll have to check out the local TRU to see if they have that section... If they do, maybe now they'll carry the NECAs I'm looking for...

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
      I've just discovered this section at my local TRU, but I'm under the impression this section is new.
      Originally posted by palitoy
      Canadian TRUs have an "Adults Only" section in the video game area that has a bunch of NECA products. I've been unaware of it's existence until last week, so it's entirely possible they have sold 8" figures in there previously.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
        I think that section is fairly new at ToysRuS. I'm going to check the one by my work this week.
        I checked tonight after work and they have a sign in the boys toys area that there is a section in the electronic dept. There wasnt a whole lot. A small end of one of the aisles, and it was all NECA product. The retro POTA were there but just one Cornelius and one Zaius, no gorilla. No retro Mego-like figures either.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
          I checked tonight after work and they have a sign in the boys toys area that there is a section in the electronic dept. There wasnt a whole lot. A small end of one of the aisles, and it was all NECA product. The retro POTA were there but just one Cornelius and one Zaius, no gorilla. No retro Mego-like figures either.
          Checked one of my local TRU stores that is most likely to carry the Neca toys and they had pretty much the same set up and remaining stock as Starroid described at his store. No Mego-style figures.

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Civil War styled Eddie is at FYE. They have a couple of them. It's a fantastic figure.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I grabbed the Friday the 13th PT II Jason at my local comic shop. That's a quality figure! The head sculpt is awesome.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Saw the retro Mego Texas Chainsaw Massacre figure at FYE on Saturday. It doesn't look like he will be able to hold the chainsaw. I have the figure on pre-order at EE so I didn't buy it. It looks great.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I'm collecting all of the Jason figures. Those are fun and made really well. I can't wait to get the Neca Snake Plissken in January. They are making some great figures.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Chris
                    Saw the retro Mego Texas Chainsaw Massacre figure at FYE on Saturday. It doesn't look like he will be able to hold the chainsaw.

Maybe he will?

texas.jpg
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      Maybe he will?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13224[/ATTACH]
                      Great! Gawking through the package it looked like he had fists with holes in them to hold the tools. We'll figure it out shortly.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Can't wait to have Leatherface vs Ash....
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• figureaddicted
                          • Jun 29, 2014

I saw the NES Jason Neca ReMego at TRU once, didnt have the funds to drop on it right then and never saw another Neca Mego again. The BBP 8" stuff is almost as scarce at my TRUs as well. Saw a small smattering of TZ stuff there a few years back and more recently a Metaluna Mutant. But by and large the stuff sells so quickly at retail im better off just ordering Mego like products online. Its a minor miracle I've been able to score the 3/3 4" retro stuff at a brick and mortar actually.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by figureaddicted
                            I saw the NES Jason Neca ReMego at TRU once, didnt have the funds to drop on it right then and never saw another Neca Mego again. The BBP 8" stuff is almost as scarce at my TRUs as well. Saw a small smattering of TZ stuff there a few years back and more recently a Metaluna Mutant. But by and large the stuff sells so quickly at retail im better off just ordering Mego like products online. Its a minor miracle I've been able to score the 3/3 4" retro stuff at a brick and mortar actually.
                            You have to price shop that NES Jason on Ebay but the deals DO show up. I ended up getting one about three weeks ago for about three dollars over retail. The glow feature is a fun effect for my grandson.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Chris
                              Great! Gawking through the package it looked like he had fists with holes in them to hold the tools. We'll figure it out shortly.
                              The handles of the chainsaw come off so you can insert them into his hands, and then put the handles back on.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                                The handles of the chainsaw come off so you can insert them into his hands, and then put the handles back on.
                                Mystery solved.

Who would have thought we'd get a Leatherface Mego?
                                We live in wonderful times...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎