X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Translucent belts

I had not taken the opportunity to open the FTC two-packs until Monday night. I do like the material it's using for the costumes and I really like the new boots. But the stitched-on belts for Superman, captain Marvel and Aquaman are terrible. I get the idea of attempting to replicate mego and not make an improvement on Mego's design, but see-through belts? It's not as bad on the Superman and Captain Marvel, but the Aquaman black trunks really show up under the belt.

I hope there are improvements with the Superpowers fist-fighters and single card Aquaman figures, or I'll be passing on those.

FTC both amazes and frustrates me. Some of the things are done so well, but others, well, it appears no one is watching. There certainly seems to be more care taken with the 66 batman line than the others. it could be the demand of the license.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'll admit I'm not much of a fan of stitched belts, and translucent ones are even more off-putting to me. It's interesting to see what FTC chooses to update or not, it may depend on what vintage items they submit as prototype samples.

Of course, as Mego did, they have the (variants) option of making running changes to existing figures.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎