X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    Why does everyone seem to think Luke will turn to the Dark Side?
    I think it's an obvious choice. The Skywalker family tree seems to the focal point in all of the Star Wars story arcs. And Luke seems to be the one most vulnerable to fall. He made amends with his father just before he died and with the Empire fractured and seemingly destroyed, peace time offers a number of emotional traps for Luke to try and find resolve with that father/son bonding which could make him susceptible to the dark side. And remember, Vader always said it was his destiny. Anakin if you recall was a hero before he fell as well. I guess they could always skip a generation and offer it to Luke's son, but I think the story registers better if Luke takes the fall. He is on the receiving end with the mixed messages and emotional strive from watching his father die. I think his need to rationalize that experience will make the fall much more dramatic than one with a character we have no attachment to. Plus Mark Hamill is just as legendary playing a villain in his career. Why not allow him to fulfill that arc in this storyline instead of becoming the next Obi Wan stereotype? I think it would be incredible.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

I think Luke will be a kick**s Jedi master, and will remain true to the faith!
      There! I've said it!!!!
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• piecemaker
        There's no need to fear..
        • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
        I think it's an obvious choice. The Skywalker family tree seems to the focal point in all of the Star Wars story arcs. And Luke seems to be the one most vulnerable to fall. He made amends with his father just before he died and with the Empire fractured and seemingly destroyed, peace time offers a number of emotional traps for Luke to try and find resolve with that father/son bonding which could make him susceptible to the dark side. And remember, Vader always said it was his destiny. Anakin if you recall was a hero before he fell as well. I guess they could always skip a generation and offer it to Luke's son, but I think the story registers better if Luke takes the fall. He is on the receiving end with the mixed messages and emotional strive from watching his father die. I think his need to rationalize that experience will make the fall much more dramatic than one with a character we have no attachment to. Plus Mark Hamill is just as legendary playing a villain in his career. Why not allow him to fulfill that arc in this storyline instead of becoming the next Obi Wan stereotype? I think it would be incredible.

No, no and no. I think Luke has always been the hero and should remain the hero.
        Luke has always said," "I will Never join you"(speaking to Darth) and "I will Never turn to the dark side".

Vader does say, " It is your destiny" but he is referring to Luke being able to destroy the Emperor and Vader trying to convince him to "join me".

Vader says, " Luke you can destroy the Emperor, he has foreseen this". "It is your destiny". "Join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son".

I could see Luke's son being turned to the dark side and following in his grandfather's footsteps and maybe,

even honoring his grandfather by adopting his look or something very similar.

IF that was to happen, i also think Luke would be the one having to kill his son in the end and maybe both dying.

It's hard to say whats going to happen but it will be interesting to see what directions they take in this movie.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I don't think they will have Luke turn, it's way to obvious and also a betrayal of the character in the original trilogy. I think it will either be Luke's kid or Leia's

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

Here's another theory I came up with. Look at the leaked artwork, the shape of the mask and the posture. My theory is the Sith Inquisitor IS Luke, who was driven slightly mad by everything he had to endure in a short span of time. Who else would be so obsessed with Vader 30 years later? This trilogy might be about his redemption.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I think nobody will turn to the Dark Side, and episode 7 will be all about Luke taking his kids camping.
              It will be called National Lampoon's Dagobah Vacation, with lots of laughs and family fun.
              Be sure to catch the bit where Luke's barbeque gets grabbed by a swamp thing, and Luke's son accidentally backs the landspeeder into the bog...
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

The family Skywalker down deep are basically trash bums (see your neighbors and mine)

They're good when it suits their current interest but they'll turn in a dime if they can get something out of it.

Luke on the other hand also has some Royal blood mixed in.

Luke will probably contemplate his goodness over the next three movies with adventures taking him into the darkside and finally back into the light.

In the end I have faith the entire Star Wars saga is about Luke's salvation and redemption -- not Vadars.

Coming from somebody that saw Star Wars on opening day ---Luke's alway's been the star of Star Wars

Comment

• piecemaker
                  There's no need to fear..
                  • Jan 26, 2009

More possible leaked photos from Star Wars episode 7 showing the big three, Luke, Leia and Han. Leia looks pretty

good or maybe that's her daughter. Han and Luke looking a little rough. Rumours are they might be putting the band

back together too.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-Wztjpb8/0/L/i-Wztjpb8-L.jpg[/img]
                  [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-C4m9Gnr/0/L/i-C4m9Gnr-L.jpg[/img]

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

hey, in that shot with Jim and Dan, Carrie looks just like Mego Dorothy, LOL

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Luke shouldn't have a son as a Jedi Knight, they are not supposed to marry, Anakin did it against the Jedi Order and in secret. Yoda had no kids, Obi Wan had no kids, etc.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

The question is,would the no kids rule still be in play? As to Luke turning,they had their chance to do so in Jedi but didn't go that way.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Indeed. Luke would never turn to the dark side.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 30, 2012

Speculation I've heard is that Luke has been MIA for roughly a decade, either in self exile or captured. My guess is that the new villain is behind Luke's disappearance.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Very interesting idea. Not sure I want to see Luke turn to the dark side...but like you said, it would make for some interesting drama. Besides, by the end of episode 9...we could him redeemed and turn back to the good side like his Father did.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎