Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

But imagine if they used the Hulk body for this line with boots and gloves similar to the 66 Batman line? Clothes and boots for the Hulk bodies would open up a whole new section of the retro mego custom market!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

I think collectors of wrestling figures would be appalled by the Hulk body.
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I'll be honest, I've never even heard of these guys, but I'm not a wrestling fan, so I'm not the target audience. Exciting news for those fans, I'm sure!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I always thought the Hulk body had a lot more potential than the Heman body. And they still sale the crap out of that! All it needed was better hands and feet. The 66 pegs with interchangeable hands and feet would fix that. And if the pegs fit and worked well, that would be very kid friendly.

They would need fist and gripper hands. Open hands would be great too for a back hand/pimp slap!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Never heard of ROH wrestling.

Comment

• JWLJN
              Veteran Member
              • May 7, 2013

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I'll be honest, I've never even heard of these guys, but I'm not a wrestling fan, so I'm not the target audience. Exciting news for those fans, I'm sure!
              Some yes, and some no. I'm happy that there will be a new line of wrestling figures from a company that's never had them before, but overall I never became a big fan of Ring of Honor.

RoH isn't geared towards children, so that, coupled with the fact that these will probably have a higher price tag, there won't be much of a market there. I realize most non-wrestling fans lump all wrestling into a generalization sort of like you would see on a wrestling episode of a sitcom. Ring of Honor bases it's style more like Japanese pro wrestling. There are still storylines, but it's much more ring-based, and you'll see much riskier moves than in WWE. If a mixed-martial-arts fan is going to be a wrestling fan, they'd probably prefer Ring of Honor.

The stars usually aren't as colorful as WWE superstars, but I still think that they'll translate into decent figures. It looks like Figures is planning on making a figure of Maria Kanellis, as well. She's a former WWE Diva and already has two figures from that run, but I have a feeling that they want her in the RoH line based on Figures Facebook page.

-J\/\/
              http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                • Jan 22, 2008

I love indie wrestling but I can't see the guys in these smaller promotions (PWG, Dragongate, etc) having the fan base to make this worth while (aka turn a profit)

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

They don't necessarily have to turn a profit on this line. If their other stuff is killing it then they have the opportunity to play around with lesser-known lines...see how it goes.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

Sorry to bump the thread. I was watching ROH tonight and they did a big plug for the Figures Toy finger rings and mentioned Wrestling SuperStore as well. They mentioned the rings twice during the hour broadcast. Nice to know they are going to get advertising during the show.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎