• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Athena: Good points and bad points

Okay, first the bad points.

I got my Athena today, and overall, she looks very nice; at least in the package.

Getting her out wasn't a problem once I undid the twist tie.

However, he overall skin tone is TOO pale, and while the head itself isn't as squishy as that of the Angelique figure, it could have had a slightly more accurate head sculpt.

The gun belt is very poorly done. The part in the back is starting to fall apart; whether it was in the package too long, or the glue was deteriorating the fake leather I don't know.

The knee holster isn't all that tightly fastened, and looks ungainly.

The jacket doesn't close in the front, and the elastic bands are already starting to worry me.

Also, the helmet is MUCH too big.

The good points:

The outfit looks to be fairly accurate to what was worn on the show, and I do like the rooted hair as opposed to the sculpted hair that Angelique had.

Her sidearm looks very nice, but overall I think that this figure has more against it than for it.

Hopefully when Doc brings out his new female body, there will be a option for the added neck post that Athena has.
    JediJaida
  • Scousebadger
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2, 2012

I don't understand why BBP continues to use that pale flesh coloured plastic for its figures.

Is not like the actors in BSG, Lost and the other shows BBP have done figures for were so translucently pale.

It puts me off buying these figures (well, that and the bobble heads).

And it's annoying, because these are issues that were raised a few years ago with the first BBP figures, yet they still keep occurring now.

And it isn't like these figures are cheap. No, they aren't Hot Toys expensive, but they aren't being sold as dollar store goods.

Is annoying that these are supposed to emulate the original Megos using current toy technology, but are less durable and more shoddily produced than toys made in the 1970s.

I'm sorry you were disappointed in your figure.
    Last edited by Scousebadger; Nov 1, '14, 2:05 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

How's the stitching on the outfit?
      From photos I've seen, especially around the waist of the trousers, the stitching looked really rough.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

tx for sharing; BTW, good closeup pics online of package & figure:

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

I so wish these didn't have the QC problems and huge noggins. I'd love to have a set of classic BSG Mego figures (the likenesses don't really bother me, as Mego never got anything dead on, either), but the flaws keep my from jumping in.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎