X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
    First - Dallas was being FACE-MASKED by the receiver. There's one penalty on the Lions. Second - The Dallas defender was never pressed up against the receiver. The ball was thrown short and hit his back. It wasn't interference. So if you want to split hairs on penalties it should have been on the Lions.

But more importantly football is about opportunities. Lions had Dallas 17-7. The biggest halftime deficit in team history. The Lions start the second half with the added benefit of a missed field goal by the NFL's most accurate kicker after we intercepted one of their passes in the red zone. We had TWO fourth down conversions where the Lions could have seriously compromised our come back and the Lions failed to stop Dallas on BOTH. And if THAT wasn't enough, we gave them bonus life after we gobbled up a fumble and instead of laying down to finish the win, we fumbled it back to them. Exactly how many opportunities did this mighty Lions team need to finish us? And your big beef is ONE PLAY? REALLY? We had EVERYTHING working against us almost until the final second ticked off. The TRUTH is we overcame, persevered, and are moving on. Like we have all season. That's the truth. The rest is sour grapes.
    Well spoken sir!

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

We?
      Honestly, I'm not trying to stir up anything, but I don't see how ANY of those other game situations (missed field goal, fumbled fumble recovery, etc) have any bearing on the reversed call. A bad call is a bad call, and I'm sure the majority of non-partisan viewers, including former Vice President of NFL Officiating and current Fox network officiating expert Mike Pereira, saw it as obvious pass interference.
      Enjoy the win, it'll be much tougher next week in Green Bay.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Lions got ****ed over
        Bottom line it
        Was it the game changer call ?
        Dunno , maybe , maybe not ... Can't tell , since the Lions gave away the game in the 4th anyways .
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

dam didn't see the call....oh well. Glad to see Romo win one..he's very underrated
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BENDY
            Career Member
            • Jan 28, 2003

you tell em mib41 go cowboys

Comment

• RickD
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 31, 2011

Detroit lost this game because they lacked the drive and passion to finish off Dallas. Dallas deserved this win all day long.

With that said.. Go Broncos! Here in Denver we are patiently waiting for next weekend

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
                We?
                Honestly, I'm not trying to stir up anything, but I don't see how ANY of those other game situations (missed field goal, fumbled fumble recovery, etc) have any bearing on the reversed call. A bad call is a bad call, and I'm sure the majority of non-partisan viewers, including former Vice President of NFL Officiating and current Fox network officiating e pert Mile Pereira, saw it as obvious pass interference.
                Enjoy the win, it'll be much tougher next week in Green Bay.
                ??? Missed field goals, fumbles, and extra chances to drive down the field are all opportunities to score. But let's use your argument and say it was a bad call. What would that get them? It wasn't a scoring play. They scored a field goal the whole second half. Do you need a field goal added to the score to feel better about it? Okay... they still lose. Dallas drove down the field on EVERY scoring drive. That's why I bring up the fumbles, missed field goals and recovered possessions. The Lions did NOTHING with them. So whether you want to believe the call had merits or not doesn't change the score. No ref gave Dallas a score. A person who has PLAYED the game will tell you, it's what you do with opportunities that defines a game. The Lions had a blue million chances to put Dallas away and didn't. You want to be "non-partisan"? You want to be honest? They lost because they didn't take advantage of ALL the opportunities Dallas gave them. However that call goes, it doesn't change Dallas stopped the Lions and the Lions never could stop Dallas in the second half. AND the Lions had TWO chances to score before Dallas ran out the clock. There's just no taking this game away from Dallas. They earned it.

Comment

• megomania
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                  He didn't have to turn his head, he wasn't going for the ball and didn't fall into the receiver until the ball had already been incomplete. They both were hand fighting the entire route. No foul.
                  Yes he did. You have to play the ball unless it's incidental contact or the ball was uncatchable. It wasn't incidental contact and it hit the defender in the back. I don't think there's much room for debate.

Rule a) of pass interference is pretty clear from nfl.com

Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

Take a look behind the scenes to see what NFL Football Operations is doing to ensure the integrity, improve upon the safety and enhance the fan experience of the game.

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                    A person who has PLAYED the game will tell you, it's what you do with opportunities that defines a game.

Not sure what the implication here is ?
                    Or really, why you're getting so defensive because I don't share your opinion?
                    My only point was, that was a really late, critical juncture in the game to reverse a call like that. If the flag had never been thrown, it would be more acceptable.
                    You're absolutely right that the Lions didn't capitalize on all the opportunities they got. And truthfully, there's no telling what would've happened if the call had stood. They may have turned it over on the next play.
                    Enjoy "your" win, don't let the fact that not everyone agrees with your assessment of its validity taint it for you.

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

Congrats to the Cowboy fans on the board. I have no idea what it's like for a local team, or for that matter any team I like, to win anything so I don't really have a point of reference. Nothing against you guys but I wanted Detroit to win. I simply hate seeing Jerry Jones smiling. Reminds me too much of Emperor Palpatine.

It was also inspiring to see Suh come back and play so well after suffering severe foot numbess last week
                      Last edited by Random Axe; Jan 4, '15, 11:23 PM.
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Random Axe
                        I simply hate seeing Jerry Jones smiling. Reminds me too much of Emperor Palpatine.
                        Now THAT is funny and sooooooo true

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Aaron Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>> Tony Romo.

That's all we need to know...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
                              Not sure what the implication here is ?
                              Or really, why you're getting so defensive because I don't share your opinion?
                              My only point was, that was a really late, critical juncture in the game to reverse a call like that. If the flag had never been thrown, it would be more acceptable.
                              You're absolutely right that the Lions didn't capitalize on all the opportunities they got. And truthfully, there's no telling what would've happened if the call had stood. They may have turned it over on the next play.
                              Enjoy "your" win, don't let the fact that not everyone agrees with your assessment of its validity taint it for you.
                              I understand you dislike the results. Life is short. Lets move on.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                                The name says it all!
                                • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by megomania
                                Yes he did. You have to play the ball unless it's incidental contact or the ball was uncatchable. It wasn't incidental contact and it hit the defender in the back. I don't think there's much room for debate.

Rule a) of pass interference is pretty clear from nfl.com

Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference
                                I think there is PLENTY of room for debate. Your argument omits one crucial thing IMO. CONTACT. Other than the hand checking, which BOTH players were doing, there was no contact until after the ball had hit the defender. If the defender had fallen into him BEFORE the ball hit him, I would agree completely. Look at the play in slow mo and tell me there was contact (other than the hand checking that BOTH players were doing) before the ball hit the defender.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎