• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Hi Pat!

Originally posted by knight errant00
    5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos?
    Mr. Mxyzptlk, Gorn – I never had any interest in the Waltons – can that whole line count as #3? If not . . . OK, speaking sacrilege to some, Conan. Didn't care for the character as a kid, and with the hair flip, he looked like my neighbor's mom when she was angry.
    I thought that the Gorn was cool. I pretty much used him as a second Klingon. Conan was a cool figure and one that I never had but even with my imagination, I don't know if I could have fit him in with my WGSH stories. Such an odd choice by Mego.

Originally posted by knight errant00
    9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to?
    Teen Titans! I can still remember a whole display of them at Toy Chest and not being able to talk my dad into picking any up. Finally rectified that thanks to FTC.
    Even though they are not branded that way, I consider the Teen Titans part of the WGSH line. I never owned them but I wanted them. And, like you, thanks to FTC I finally have them.
    Scott

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

1. What is your first name?
      Tim

2. What was your first Mego?
      Superman, maybe? It was definitely a WGSH

3. What was your last Mego?
      Captain Kirk.
      I was about 13 at the time... and found one at a flea market. I still remember the awkward request for money from my mom for a toy I was "too old for."

4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos?
      Kirk
      Scotty (after Kirk broke, he became Captain)
      Captain America

Thing
      Human Torch
      Mr. Myx

6. What was your favorite Mego playset?
      Enterprise bridge

7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set?
      Spider-car

8. What was your favorite Mego line?
      Star Trek

Flash Gordon.
      My mom bought the playset on clearance, but I don't remember ever seeing any of the figures on the shelves.

10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had?
      Batcave

11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had?
      Bat Cycle.
      But when I was a kid, I didn't realize quite what vehicles and playsets were out there.

12. What Mego did you always want but never had?
      Star Trek Andorian
      I wanted one before I knew it existed. When I finally saw my first one at a Star Trek convention in 1988, it was as if I willed it into existence.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

These are fun the read. Really enjoying seeing the variety of answers.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I am, too--though I'll admit I'm surprised at how many fans the Spider-Car has.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

How about of the 8" variety?

Quote Originally Posted by UnderdogDJLSW View Post
            12. What Mego did you always want but never had? Always wanted them to make a Doc Ock or Lex Luthor
            How about of the Megos that were actually made?
            Hi Scott,
            This is fun to read. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

8" I would have liked to collect but never did....I guess I would say POTA. I grew to like the show later in syndication, but in 1974, the apocalyptic elements of the movies gave me nightmares.

Individual Mego that existed, I will say The Fonz.
            It's all good!

Comment

• daz71
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2014

these were 8" ones from the 70s.i think they were mego they had the boots like star trek mego's but in white.

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Hi Tim!

Originally posted by sprytel
                4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos?
                Scotty (after Kirk broke, he became Captain)
                Did you put the gold shirt on him?

Thing
                Human Torch
                Mr. Myx
                The Human Torch seems to be making this list now.

Flash Gordon.
                My mom bought the playset on clearance, but I don't remember ever seeing any of the figures on the shelves.
                I would have loved this line myself. I only saw them in the Sears or J.C. Penney Christmas catalog, but never in stores. It also would have been cool if the line got at least a second wave of figures.

12. What Mego did you always want but never had?
                Star Trek Andorian
                I wanted one before I knew it existed. When I finally saw my first one at a Star Trek convention in 1988, it was as if I willed it into existence.
                That second wave of Star Trek Aliens was elusive. I never heard of them or saw them until I was at a friend's house in 1979 or '80.
                Scott

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Action Martin
                  Hi Dwayne!

I don't see it that way as there were something like 19 different 8" action figure lines from Mego.
                  How many different 8" lines there were doesn't matter. I only ever owned two 8" figures so the restrictions placed on your questions makes it difficult to answer them.
                  I can't have a top three, or least favorite three, etc. unless I'm allowed to include the 3 3/4 lines.

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    How many different 8" lines there were doesn't matter. I only ever owned two 8" figures so the restrictions placed on your questions makes it difficult to answer them.
                    I can't have a top three, or least favorite three, etc. unless I'm allowed to include the 3 3/4 lines.
                    Ok. I understand that. I was just confused becuase I set this poll up to be about the 8" action figures.
                    Scott

Comment

• daz71
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2014

just checked my space 1999 figures & they're from 1975

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Ok. I understand that. I was just confused becuase I set this poll up to be about the 8" action figures.
                        No problem...I definitely loved the two I had. I was so little at the time though, I don't remember where or when I got them, and definitely wasn't aware there were other figures I was missing out on.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Hi Tim!

Did you put the gold shirt on him?
                          I mixed it up, but usually I pretended he was not actually Scotty but rather some Captain of another starship (often the Defiant or Intrepid).
                          Sometimes he wore the gold shirt... but most times I would leave him in the red shirt and just pretend he rose through the engineering/security ranks.
                          I also liked to put a Swat ballcap on him as a "Captain's Cap".
                          And Super Joe and Darkon would round out his crew.

"...As a matter of fact, yes, I *did* get beat up a lot as a kid... Why do you ask?"

Comment

• ScottyX
                            • Feb 4, 2014

1. What is your first name? Scott
                            2. What was your first Mego? Batman
                            3. What was your last Mego? Batman
                            4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? Thor Shazam Batman
                            5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? Myxlplyx, Penguin, Boss Hogg
                            6. What was your favorite Mego playset? Fonzies Garage
                            7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? Not sure if it applies but the exploding bridge set...
                            8. What was your favorite Mego line? WGSH
                            9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? As a Kid it was he Knights
                            10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had? again as a kid Gamma 6
                            11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? Green Arrow car (and I still have never had this)
                            12. What Mego did you always want but never had? again as a kid a Removable Cowl Batman, But I had know idea they even made one till I was an adult...

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                              Supporter of Silliness
                              • Jun 20, 2007

1. What is your first name? - Kirk
                              2. What was your first Mego? - Pretty sure it was Spiderman
                              3. What was your last Mego? - As a kid? I think it was the Wizard of Oz line
                              4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? - Of the ones I owned, Spiderman, Superman, and Batman
                              5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? - Mxy, Hulk (why so short?), Penguin
                              6. What was your favorite Mego playset? - The only playset I had was the CAH fortress of solitude, which was pretty fun
                              7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? - The Batmobile was the only one I had.
                              8. What was your favorite Mego line? - WGSH, and it's not even close.
                              9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? - I had a friend who collected POTA, and I always thought it was pretty cool. But, other than that, I was blissfully unaware of the cool lines like knights, pirates, and monsters.
                              10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had? - Some of the POTA playsets were pretty sweet, but I never really felt the need for them.
                              11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? - Once I had the Batmobile, I was just fine.
                              12. What Mego did you always want but never had? - The Lizard. Man, he was so cool. T1, version, though.

Comment

• Action Martin
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                                Hi Scott,
                                This is fun to read. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.
                                You're welcome. And it is fun to read all these posts.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎